GUILTY WI - Brittany Zimmermann, 21, Madison, 2 April 2008 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm putting this in Brittany and Joel's threads because of the Home Invasion aspects. Side note- I live so close to the place where this happened that I heard the sirens.....

http://www.channel3000.com/news/16316090/detail.html

Armed Intruder Injures 2 In Cottage Grove Home

Residents Treated For Significant Head Injuries At Hospital

UPDATED: 4:45 pm CDT May 17, 2008

COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. -- The Dane County Sheriff's Department is investigating an early-morning home invasion in which an intruder pistol-whipped two residents.
Around 1:39 a.m. Saturday, Dane County sheriff's deputies and Cottage Grove police arrived at a residence on County Highway AB in the Town of Cottage Grove on a report of a home invasion.
Officers said that a lone gunman entered the apartment and assaulted two residents.
Responding officers said they found a 63-year-old man and a 55-year-old woman who had been pistol-whipped by the assailant. Both were taken to a local hospital with head injuries that were called serious but not thought to be life-threatening.
Authorities said the assailant was described as a white male, 5 feet 6 inches to 6 feet tall, clean shaven with a stocky build. The man was dressed all in black clothing and might have had on a hooded sweatshirt.
<SNIP>

UPDATE:
Authorities release sketch in home invasion:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/16331091/detail.html

MADISON, Wis. -- Dane County authorities released a composite sketch on Monday of the man suspected of a home invasion in the Town of Cottage Grove early Saturday morning.

The Dane County Sheriff’s Office created the sketch of the suspect, who is described as a man in his mid- to late 20s, is about 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet tall, with an athletic, muscular build and brown hair.

BUMP For Brittany...... hoping for a break in her case this week! The public is really putting on the pressure, especially since Greta did an hour-long show regarding the unsolved Madison murders.

This is an article written at madison.com- but it's based on another article written in the LA Times. Interesting that a city's paper as far away as Los Angeles is reporting about our homeless problem/unsolved murder problem.....

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/stories/288608

L.A. Times: Madison casts a cold eye on its homeless

P.J. Huffstutter
The Los Angeles Times
— 5/28/2008 12:58 pm

MADISON, WIS. -- There was a time when residents in this liberal college city would greet homeless people by name.
They'd stop to chat with Scanner Dan, the grizzled guy with a walkie-talkie buzzing at his hip as he asked for change. They'd offer odd jobs to a man known as Snowball, who was rumored to have been a smuggler for the Chicago mob during Prohibition.

Then two violent slayings in less than three months shook residents in the state capital, which is also home to the main campus of the University of Wisconsin.

Both victims were stabbed in their homes in the middle of the day by strangers, police said.
Though investigators have no suspects, the police focused on the city's homeless and transients, among others. Now a backlash against Madison's down-and-out population is brewing.

And that is causing some soul-searching in Madison, sometimes referred to as "the Berkeley of the Midwest," after the University of California campus city known for its liberal politics and values shaped by the 1960s counterculture.

"It used to be the homeless were tolerated and somewhat supported," said former six-term Mayor Paul Soglin, who led the city during antiwar riots in the 1970s. "But the combination of more homeless, more aggressive panhandling and these recent crimes has led to some not-so-politically-correct views."

After student Brittany Zimmermann was killed April 2, police interviewed dozens of homeless in the downtown area.

Police took DNA samples from some of the panhandlers, and more than a dozen were arrested on unrelated charges, Madison police Officer Meredith York said.

But department spokesman Joel DeSpain said "the homeless have been a focus, not the only focus" in Zimmermann's death and the January slaying of businessman Joel Anthony Marino, 31.
<SNIP>

Emphasis is mine. I thought that last part was really interesting- Backpedaling, anyone?

This was posted on the relevant Kelly Nolan thread also:

On July 4, 2001, Crystal Ann Arensdorf, a blonde Caucasian female was drinking at Knicker's Saloon in Dubuque, Iowa. She was 20 years old and drinking illegally. At 2 A.M. she left the bar never to be seen again.

Two other customers were also in the bar, Steven and David Peacock, of Mount Horeb, WI. David Peacock currently resides in Madison, WI. They were questioned several times about her disappearance and agreed to polygraph exams in 2002. It's unknown to me whether they took the exams or failed or passed. The brothers weren't charged and I currently don't know the status of their case in Dubuque.

You'll note that David Peacock is a drug dealer, drug user, has a violent criminal history, including false imprisonment, and lived in proximity to several unsolved murders, including the one in Dubuque, Iowa. He and his brother were the last ones to see Crystal alive.

Mt. Horeb is down the road from the Nolan site and he lives not too far from the Zimmerman site.

The real clincher is he disappeared right around the time of the Zimmerman murder and currently has a warrant for his arrest.
Check CCAP and Google his current address, you'll agree that this is a person of interest.

Note he has a very transient lifestyle.

I listed all his addresses from the public court records.

Does anyone have a mugshot of David Peacock that they can post?

tangledweb

David E. Peacock, DOB 05-22-1967

07-08-1999 Deliver/Sell Marijuana
Walworth County, WI

11-20-2000
Possession of THC
Grant County, WI

11-20-2000
Operating while Intoxicated (1st)
Grant County, WI

11-20-2003
Possession of Cocaine/Coca(2nd+)
Dane County, WI

1-31-2005
False Imprisonment
Battery 3 counts
Dane County, WI

8-17-2005
Disorderly Conduct
Habitual Criminality
Dane County, WI

1-21-2005
Driving Too Fast for Conditions
Dane County, WI

3-7-2008
Operating While under Influence (3rd)
Operating with PAC .08 or More (3rd)
OAR (1st - Rev. due to OWI/PAC)
Dane County, WI
Arrest Warrant Issued! 4-9-2008

Previous addresses:
4202 Robertson Road, Madison, WI
4105 Stonehart Dr Apt 3, Saint Ann, MO
3120 B Old Gate Rd, Madison, WI
101 S. Grove St., Mt Horeb, WI 53572
813 Vista Ridge Dr., Mt Horeb, WI
721 W. 5th Street, Dubuque, IA
1743 White St., Dubuque, IA
303 Prevo Dr., Apopka, FL
5124 Montgomery St # 44, Dodgeville, WI
811 Vista Ridge Dr, Mount Horeb, WI

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/20389199.html

The parents of a slain University of Wisconsin-Madison student want authorities to release the 911 call she made before she was murdered.

Kevin and Jean Zimmermann want to intervene in a lawsuit brought by media groups seeking audio of the call from Brittany Zimmermann's cell phone.

Zimmermann was murdered in her apartment April 2, and police are searching for her killer. Authorities say she called 911, but a dispatcher apparently heard nothing and hung up.
Police say the call contains evidence and should have prompted a dispatch.

Her parents say they requested the call but were denied because authorities say it would hurt their investigation. The Zimmermanns say they would abide by any confidentiality order imposed by the court.

If the dispatcher heard nothing, then what's the harm of releasing the tape?

This was posted on the relevant Kelly Nolan thread also:

On July 4, 2001, Crystal Ann Arensdorf, a blonde Caucasian female was drinking at Knicker's Saloon in Dubuque, Iowa. She was 20 years old and drinking illegally. At 2 A.M. she left the bar never to be seen again.

Two other customers were also in the bar, Steven and David Peacock, of Mount Horeb, WI. David Peacock currently resides in Madison, WI. They were questioned several times about her disappearance and agreed to polygraph exams in 2002. It's unknown to me whether they took the exams or failed or passed. The brothers weren't charged and I currently don't know the status of their case in Dubuque.

You'll note that David Peacock is a drug dealer, drug user, has a violent criminal history, including false imprisonment, and lived in proximity to several unsolved murders, including the one in Dubuque, Iowa. He and his brother were the last ones to see Crystal alive.

Mt. Horeb is down the road from the Nolan site and he lives not too far from the Zimmerman site.

The real clincher is he disappeared right around the time of the Zimmerman murder and currently has a warrant for his arrest.
Check CCAP and Google his current address, you'll agree that this is a person of interest.

Note he has a very transient lifestyle.

I listed all his addresses from the public court records.

Does anyone have a mugshot of David Peacock that they can post?

tangledweb

David E. Peacock, DOB 05-22-1967

07-08-1999 Deliver/Sell Marijuana
Walworth County, WI

11-20-2000
Possession of THC
Grant County, WI

11-20-2000
Operating while Intoxicated (1st)
Grant County, WI

11-20-2003
Possession of Cocaine/Coca(2nd+)
Dane County, WI

1-31-2005
False Imprisonment
Battery 3 counts
Dane County, WI

8-17-2005
Disorderly Conduct
Habitual Criminality
Dane County, WI

1-21-2005
Driving Too Fast for Conditions
Dane County, WI

3-7-2008
Operating While under Influence (3rd)
Operating with PAC .08 or More (3rd)
OAR (1st - Rev. due to OWI/PAC)
Dane County, WI
Arrest Warrant Issued! 4-9-2008

Previous addresses:
4202 Robertson Road, Madison, WI
4105 Stonehart Dr Apt 3, Saint Ann, MO
3120 B Old Gate Rd, Madison, WI
101 S. Grove St., Mt Horeb, WI 53572
813 Vista Ridge Dr., Mt Horeb, WI
721 W. 5th Street, Dubuque, IA
1743 White St., Dubuque, IA
303 Prevo Dr., Apopka, FL
5124 Montgomery St # 44, Dodgeville, WI
811 Vista Ridge Dr, Mount Horeb, WI

Not sure it is relevant, but note that the anniversary of Crystal's case is 7/4, as is the date Eddie Lanphear abducted the 23 year old vic, fyi

MsSheila~ I am so proud of you and how you helped to spearhead the way to a better 911 system there! They DO need to revamp the entire process. Bravo!

Are you keeping an eye on the two men abducted and found alive in WI? It is more than curious to me that they found a clipping of Zimmerman's murder on his coffee table. Quite disturbing in light of everything else they found in his home.

I am not sure about the Peacock brothers being involved in any of the cases actually. I see them as drug dealers, drinkers, and probably low lifes that they are...but to add brutal killers to the list doesn't work, imo. (Where do you see violent crimes on that list?)

Not sure it is relevant, but note that the anniversary of Crystal's case is 7/4, as is the date Eddie Lanphear abducted the 23 year old vic, fyi
Someone else went missing on July 4th...who was it? They mentioned them being at the fireworks display.

Hmmmm...maybe. Let me think about it. Were there no other men who went missing on the Fourth of July?!

Kelly went missing June 23rd and wasn't found until July 10th, IIRC.

I wonder when this guy takes his vacation time?

I am not sure about the Peacock brothers being involved in any of the cases actually. I see them as drug dealers, drinkers, and probably low lifes that they are...but to add brutal killers to the list doesn't work, imo. (Where do you see violent crimes on that list?)

http://www.madison.com/tct/archives/index.php?archAction=arch_simple

Doing a search of Capital Times archive for name David Peacock"

ARRESTED MAN `OF INTEREST' IN DISAPPEARANCE
By By Mike Miller The Capital Times — Friday, February 11, 2005

A Mount Horeb man who is still considered a "person of interest" in the 2001 disappearance of a young Iowa woman has been arrested in Madison and charged with viciously beating and threatening to kill his girlfriend.

David E. Peacock, 37, will face a preliminary hearing next week on one count of false imprisonment and three charges of battery for the attack on his girlfriend of six weeks, which came on the night of Jan. 28 in a parking lot on the east side of Madison.

According to the criminal complaint filed against Peacock, he accused the victim of cheating on him when he saw her sitting in a car with another man. He allegedly threatened to kill them both, then pulled the woman from the car, forced her into her truck, and beat her badly before dumping her in a parking lot on Atlas Avenue.

The victim told police that at one point during the attack Peacock grabbed her around the neck and was strangling her.

Peacock is out on $2,000 bail pending further proceedings in the case and that bail was posted by his brother, Stephen, who now resides in Darlington, court records show.

The brothers were labeled "persons of interest" by Dubuque police after the 2001 disappearance of Crystal Arensdorf, who was last seen on July 4...

In contrast, Edward Lanphear didn't even have a criminal record. So far, there is no connection to Lanphear being in Madison.

David Peacock's son (stepson?), Ryan lived in both Marshfield, WI and Wisconsin Rapids, WI, he lived in Fitchburg, WI and he lived in Madison, WI. David Peacock also lived in Mt. Horeb, WI, Dubuque, IA and Madison, WI.

He lived by and was named as a person of interest in the Arensdorf case, he lived near Brittany Zimmerman and Kelly Nolan in Madison and RyanPeacock lived in the same towns (Wisconsin Rapids & Marshfield) as Zimmerman and Deidre Harm and in Fitchburg, WI, which borders the Town of Dunn where Nolan was found. The man who was last seen with Nolan in Madison claimed he knew her and would take her home. There's more of a chance that any three of the Peacock's knew her then the chance that Lanphear knew her. Also, I might add, the Mt. Horeb police were at the scene of the Nolan murder.

David Peacock disappeared from Madison around the time Zimmerman was killed, left Dubuque when Arensdorf was killed and he lived with his son in Mt. Horeb, WI and Madison, WI. It can be assumed that he visited and/or lived with his son in Wisconsin Rapids and in Marshfield. Ryan was in Rapids when Diedre Harm was killed and then moved back to Fitchburg, WI soon after. Chalet Gardens Ct, the street Ryan lives/lived on in Fitchburg, WI, is the same street where two other Madison murder victims lived. One of those murders is still unsolved.

I agree there's a chance Lanphear may be a suspect in Zimmerman's murder because he had an article about her on his coffee table. Both Lanphear and the Peacocks need to be thoroughly investigated. For all we know, maybe they know each other.

Lastly, considering that David Peacock also lived in Missouri, there's also a whole slew of dead and missing around the two towns David Peacock lived in in that state.
Just because dead women keep turning up or women go missing where he used to live doesn't make him automatically guilty of their murders or disappearances, but it does make him a person of interest, especially since he's already a suspect in the disappearance/presumed murder of Crystal Arensdorf.

BTW, Katie/Kathy Peacock, who was once married to a Michael Peacock in Missouri, divorced him and records show her then living with David Peacock and Ryan Peacock in a number of places in Missouri, Iowa and Wisconsin. I believe Ryan is her son from her first marriage to Michael Peacock based on her and Ryan's age difference to David Peacock. I've yet to verify this.

David Peacock is currently wanted by LE in Missouri and in Wisconsin and has warrants out for his arrest. Sadly, neither of the law enforcement agencies that want him have a photo or information that he is wanted on their wanted criminals webpages. How's that for indifference?

The Peacock's are also being talked about on the 3 Missing Women from Springfield, MO thread as possible suspects in their disappearence.

Hmmmm...maybe. Let me think about it. Were there no other men who went missing on the Fourth of July?!

Kelly went missing June 23rd and wasn't found until July 10th, IIRC.

I wonder when this guy takes his vacation time?

No, none on the 4th except unknown Lanphear Vic, aged 23

MsSheila~ I am so proud of you and how you helped to spearhead the way to a better 911 system there! They DO need to revamp the entire process. Bravo!

Are you keeping an eye on the two men abducted and found alive in WI? It is more than curious to me that they found a clipping of Zimmerman's murder on his coffee table. Quite disturbing in light of everything else they found in his home.

Sure seems strange they kept a newspaper article on the coffee table, maybe LE should find out what other trophy's he's kept.

Sure seems strange they kept a newspaper article on the coffee table, maybe LE should find out what other trophy's he's kept.

Right? That's what bothers me, they have not found ANYTHING belonging to the known vics or other. He has a storage, or a hiding spot, locker at work, something, or an amzing form of disposal, which I fear is the case.

On Greta: The officer from Wood County made a good point. The article appeared to be at least a few weeks old yet it was in a very prominent location in his house on the coffee table. (Of course, we knew that already.) It would mean that he was keeping an "eye" on it tho all these weeks or longer. Interesting if he had no connection to the case. They also pointed out the article of the missing man's article there, too.

Parents of Brittany Z have dropped the 911 call lawsuit. Does anyone know why they have done this, as stated on Greta tonite.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd
Back