Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just did a little reading on the shoes. Various sites describe the Nike Air Bounds as first released in 1990. They were a wildly popular style and were/are considered a staple of "back-court" stars. (played basketball, or wanted to look like you did?) The shoe set a new standard as footwear for basketball guards and was THE standard for mid top basketball shoes. The shoe was rereleased in 2008 with new colors, which upset many of the shoe's original fans. In 1993, a "Scottie Pippen" version of the shoe was released. I did not see mention of the retail price of the shoes in the 1990s.

I was hoping that maybe he could help be identified by the shoes, but they were so popular. The impression I get of our John Doe is that he had access to money (his own or parents) to be able to keep up with the popular styles and attend concerts.

Bumping and hoping this young man gets his name back in the new year.

Hi all:

We are having some excitement this week--the unveiling of a brand new age regression image of our young man, John "Clinton" Doe. The FBI approximation produced in 2014, which has been extremely helpful in giving people an idea of what JCD may have looked like when he was about 20 years old, wouldn't be much help to possible former foster care parents who deal with younger teens. So we commissioned Jovey Hayes, a progression artist at Phojoe (http://phojoe.com), to age regress JCD back to age 16. This is what she came up with:

JCD-16YearsOld_PhojoeStamp3_sm.jpg

We plan on searching out foster and group homes who were active in southern Wisconsin (to start with) during the early 1990s, and send them a poster with this image to see if anyone remembers a kid who could have been JCD. If you are interested in helping out, please contact me. Thanks for your help in searching for this young man's identity. For more, including the news story which explains in detail, go to the Find JCD Website. Let's get this young man his name back, okay?
Jack Friess, Team Leader
Find JCD Project (http://findjcd.org)
New Look Investigations
715-498-1632
friess@findjcd.org

PS. If you want to help out with a future project similar to this, check out our Go Fund Me page to update the "River Guy" sketch. Thanks for your support!

Can't they do isotopes like with Tammy Alexander?

Thank you Jack for your dedication to identifying Clinton. You're doing everything possible to get his face out there. I have a feeling his story will be like Grateful Dead Fan/ Jason Callahan who's family didn't think he was missing. They thought he was busy with his own family.

Can't they do isotopes like with Tammy Alexander?

They did

Testing gives clues in John Doe case - Smithsonian tests show teen spent much of his life in region - Published On: Jul 11 2014 11:00:51 AM CDT Updated On: Jul 11 2014 11:12:10 AM CDT

The test results show the boy was most likely from Wisconsin, Minnesota or Michigan

I meant that to say Shawnee.

Still reading the thread so am not sure if it's been discussed. Wonder if he had any shovel teeth?

Was working on his album at NFM, made his VICAP flier into a jpg if anyone wants it. Also new regression larger.

Attachments

• JCD-16YearsOld_PhojoeStamp3.jpg
    JCD-16YearsOld_PhojoeStamp3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 20
  • ViCAP_JCD_Alert_05-30-15.jpg
    ViCAP_JCD_Alert_05-30-15.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 23
They did

Testing gives clues in John Doe case - Smithsonian tests show teen spent much of his life in region - Published On: Jul 11 2014 11:00:51 AM CDT Updated On: Jul 11 2014 11:12:10 AM CDTr.
The test results show the boy was most likely from Wisconsin, Minnesota or Michigan

Does anyone know which waters they're using to narrow down the 3 states? The Great Lakes are on the U.S.-Canadian border, touching Ontario in Canada and Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. I'm not good with this; so am not sure what other water it would be. I know about the Great Lakes from belonging to a MI missing group so am curious

I don't really rule out circumstances or vitals due to Marilee Bruszer, so unless I know exactly what caused them to be ruled out, to me, they're listed under 'probably ruled out'.

Has anyone posted this JD's missing poster to the Venom FB page? You never know.

Does anyone know which waters they're using to narrow down the 3 states? The Great Lakes are on the U.S.-Canadian border, touching Ontario in Canada and Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. I'm not good with this; so am not sure what other water it would be. I know about the Great Lakes from belonging to a MI missing group so am curious

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking about, but by water isotopes, they mean drinking water. There are distinct minerals found in Canadian drinking water and US drinking water that are different, so they are able to rule out whether someone was raised in either country by those isotopes.

Bumping for John "Clinton" Doe

If you are interested in water isotopes, you can check this out: http://wateriso.utah.edu/waterisotopes/pages/information/background.html

The language is very scientific at times, but it is a good background.

Realizing the potential for application of stable water isotope ratios in a number of scientific disciplines, the World Meteorological Organization and International Atomic Energy Agency established the Global Network for Isotopes in Precipitation (GNIP) in the early 1960s. This worldwide network of precipitation-monitoring stations persists and continues to evolve today.

Water isotope analysis involves studying precipitation. So it isn't just about running water or bodies of water (like rivers or lakes, etc.) it is affected by climatology, how air masses move, etc.

By studying precipitation over time, scientists come up with average isotope ratios for physical regions of the world (that they are mapping)... These ratios are generally stable over the long-term... therefore predictable and why they can be relied on for analysis.

Lol, feel like I'm back in high school science research... I wanted to be a scientist, once upon a time. If this explanation makes no sense, well, then you'll know why I didn't become one :giggle:

Bumping for John "Clinton" Doe

If you are interested in water isotopes, you can check this out: http://wateriso.utah.edu/waterisotopes/pages/information/background.html

The language is very scientific at times, but it is a good background.

Water isotope analysis involves studying precipitation. So it isn't just about running water or bodies of water (like rivers or lakes, etc.) it is affected by climatology, how air masses move, etc.

By studying precipitation over time, scientists come up with average isotope ratios for physical regions of the world (that they are mapping)... These ratios are generally stable over the long-term... therefore predictable and why they can be relied on for analysis.

Lol, feel like I'm back in high school science research... I wanted to be a scientist, once upon a time. If this explanation makes no sense, well, then you'll know why I didn't become one :giggle:

Usually LE gives a map with the isotope results that shows what water was found. I'm familiar with isotopes being tested; one of m,y main cases was one of the 1st to have it done. What's interesting about my main case is isotopes were looked at again, it gave a different area. I really want to know where his map is.

Usually LE gives a map with the isotope results that shows what water was found. I'm familiar with isotopes being tested; one of m,y main cases was one of the 1st to have it done. What's interesting about my main case is isotopes were looked at again, it gave a different area. I really want to know where his map is.

Got it! I know it may be off topic, but what case is this. I was not familiar myself with isotope analysis in forensics until recently, so I'm very interested. Thnx!

The discovery could help police solve cold cases, Kamenov said. For instance, if an unidentified decomposed body is found, testing the lead in the teeth could immediately help focus the investigation on a certain geographic area. That way, law enforcement can avoid wasting resources checking for missing persons in the wrong places.

"We can use this pollution signal to figure out where these people came from," he said.

Lead is composed of four variants, called isotopes. The amount of those isotopes fluctuates in different rocks, soils and ores – and, therefore, regions of the world.

Mining and other pollution-causing activities release that lead into the environment, and it accumulates in children's bodies as they grow because kids inhale dust and ingest soil when they put their hands in their mouths.

Tooth enamel, which develops during childhood, locks in the lead signals and preserves them.

"When you grow up, you record the signal of the local environment," Kamenov said. "If you move somewhere else, your isotope will be distinct from the local population."

Even different teeth can reveal certain facts.

First molar enamel is finished forming by age 3, so it provides information about birth and toddler years. Incisor and canine enamel starts later and finishes around age 5, so it gives insight into early childhood. The third molar enamel does not start forming until age 8, so it indicates late childhood residences.

Lead analysis can also tell what time period a body is from.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-07-teeth-body-tale.html#jCp
rbbm.

I was drawn to this case by his Venom shirt, and have officially been sucked in.

I wonder if the witnesses to the "river man" called police after the occurrence, I mean an intoxicated man continually falling in a river shouting at the world is doubt a potential danger to himself, especially a drowning risk.

The witness accounts are intriguing, especially the accounts of his potential drunken rants.

A second witness saw the same man.

She heard him say, “How could she do this to me?” She said the man tried to climb a bank to get out of the creek. He fell back down the hill.

When he saw her, he yelled, “What are you looking at. You’re just like the rest of them.”

He also yelled, “Get out of here and leave me alone.”

The woman last saw him sitting on the creek’s bank.

A third witness also saw a man with the same description. She also said the man was in the middle of the creek.

The man looked at her and yelled, “I’m a fugitive. You’ll read about me in the paper.”

http://www.gazettextra.com/news/2010/apr/25/john-doe-cold-case-shrouded-mystery/

My take on this case:
1) He over indulged in alcohol post-break-up-Him and his girlfriend broke up that night and he drank himself stupid. Especially considering the random location, she could have kicked him out of her vehicle and he wandered.

"How could she do this to me" suggests that whoever she is and what she did was recent. My thought is he was living at her place, they go out drinking that night, get in a fight, and she breaks up with him. She tells him to get out of her sight and pick up his things in the morning. When he doesn't get his things she just throws them out. I can just imagine a conversation between her and one of her friends "the idiot never got his stuff!",

When he doesn't get his belongings...- I believe she never thought anything of it at the time, maybe thought he was too much of a coward to face her, depending on how bad the break up was. I've had that situation happen to me before, the guy messed up, like "oh, seriously? I can't believe I ever dated that guy" messed up and I was stuck with all his stuff because he was afraid of facing me...If anything would have happened to him, I would have never known.

Why he wasn't reported missing-He probably was never reported missing because he got kicked out of where he was living. If all the circumstances above are true.
I wonder if she ever put two and two together when the skeleton was found. Maybe she hasn't come forward because she feels responsible in a way. He was overly intoxicated (assumingly) and ranting about her to strangers.
Maybe she didn't even know he ever went missing, and assumed he moved away after their break up. The 90's were a different time for communication, she couldn't just look him up on social media to see how he was doing then. It was fairly easy to drop out of sight in those times.

2) Mental Illness? Some of things he said could scream mental illness. particularly schizophrenia comes to mind. He could be self medicating with alcohol, which with this illness is dangerous mix. Especially "I’m a fugitive. You’ll read about me in the paper.” he may be experiencing delusions. Or it could also be paranoia, with a fugitive being someone that authorities are going after.

Abandonment issues- With " you're just like the rest of them" he definitely has had problems with women, either due to an untreated mental illness or alcoholism (this are anecdotes), I'm also assuming abandonment issues, after a break-up there is a short lived mistrust for the opposite sex.

Maybe the girl isn't as significant as you'd think- Redirecting back to the mental illness theory, the girl he is ranting about may not even be what you think...especially if its schizophrenia. I personally have been the girl on the other end of this situation, except I barely knew the guy. So I have some insight on this. He had untreated schizophrenia and would go off on these rants anytime he drank heavily. He'd curse my name, call me every derogatory name in the book, and blame me for things I couldn't have done. Some of the things he'd say didn't even make any sense. The most alarming thing about the situation was that I barely knew him ;therefore, never could have done anything to him. I knew his name saw him a few times, had small talk with him, that was it. He was nothing more than an acquaintance friend of a friend. He got kicked out of a local hangout and somehow blamed this on me, even though I wasn't even there when it happened, and definitely didn't have the authority to ban him in the first place. What I'm saying is the "river man's" rants might not of had much basis if he had a mental illness or could have just been drunken rants.

I personally believe he was just intoxicated after a stressful event just from the things he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieV
Back