GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should start a for the jury members. When this is over they are going to need a vacation or therapy...or both. I would go insane having to sit quiet 8 hours a day and listen to this. Actually, I would probably get kicked out day one for correcting his grammar or blatant disrespect for the judge.
I think we need a poll, for the fastest jury deliberations on record. I am thinking, 15 minutes to guilty?

Not sure if this was posted yet. Snipped.

WAUKESHA, Wis. — The Waukesha Christmas parade attack suspect, Darrell Brooks, claims he’s a “sovereign citizen”. The judge presiding over Brooks’ homicide trial ruled Thursday he won’t be able to use that as a defense because it doesn’t have merit.

A sovereign citizen is someone who believes they are not under the jurisdiction of any sort of government and therefore thinks the laws don’t apply to them. A local civil rights attorney says it’s an illegitimate defense.

Among Brooks’ many outbursts at trial, he suggests being a sovereign citizen means he’s immune to the rules of the court and the laws in Wisconsin.

"From a legal standpoint, it means nothing because it's not a defense at all,” said civil rights attorney William Sulton.

He seemed to be close to going completely out of control today...I imagine that is what happened on that parade day too. I think by this time next week he will be in the other courtroom...and judge would be within the law to keep him there.

I think we need a poll, for the fastest jury deliberations on record. I am thinking, 15 minutes to guilty?
The jury will be playing their own version of name that tune. I can name that verdict in 15 minutes, I can do it in 5, I can do it before we leave our bench. Your honor no need for us to retire we already decided lol

The judge gave DB a written ruling yesterday and instructed DB to read it after court has adjourned for the day. Anyone know what that was about? It seemed to me it was possibly related to his SovCit bs??? TIA.

The jury will be playing their own version of name that tune. I can name that verdict in 15 minutes, I can do it in 5, I can do it before we leave our bench. Your honor no need for us to retire we already decided lol
going to be very fast...as I listen to "his" case I think he is going to mechanical failure and will say it was the car's fault. With high caliber attorneys he might have had a very slight chance with that bringing in experts to discuss brake and other failures....but now who will come and testify on his behalf??? His case in chief will be a sight to behold. Train wreck does not begin to describe this case. Judge is really doing well...but the more he gives her the death threat eye contact I think he is closer to being put in other courtroom.

The judge gave DB a written ruling yesterday and instructed DB to read it after court has adjourned for the day. Anyone know what that was about? It seemed to me it was possibly related to his SovCit bs??? TIA.
media accounts seem to indicate it is a detailed legal summary of why that Sov Cit stuff is not valid in the courtroom and she will just continue to refer him to that now that it is on the record in writing. An appeal court will throw an appeal out in 5 min. I don't know what kind of contact/communication he can have in jail but bet there are a number of attorneys wanted to be on camera and offering to taking this case on. Maybe monday he will show up with "counsel"? On second thought he is loving this so guess not.

About his automotive troubles... did one of the witnesses say he heard a high-pitched sound while he was driving through the parade? What was that part laying on the ground that they showed when the vehicle was finally stopped in the driveway? Did he stop it or did it die?

The amount of damage done to it was horrid, knowing how it got there. Seeing it in real life will deeply impact the jury.

Ok did a little digging, apparently the document was a ruling showing proper jurisdiction.
THANKS...this guy keeps wanting the jury to think this is some illegal court case being tried in the wrong spot and asking for credentials of all involved. While he appears to be crazy I am sure jury is picking up on the fact that while bizarre he is in full command of keeping up with each witness and able to comprehend everything. That ability will make it ever easier to throw the full extent of the law at him at conviction time. I have to wonder how he will deal with the SUV viewing next week...that should be impactful for the jury but he will try to disrupt it somehow.

About his automotive troubles... did one of the witnesses say he heard a high-pitched sound while he was driving through the parade? What was that part laying on the ground that they showed when the vehicle was finally stopped in the driveway? Did he stop it or did it die?

The amount of damage done to it was horrid, knowing how it got there. Seeing it in real life will deeply impact the jury.
Yes, that was Craig Liermann, assistant police chief for the Franklin Police Department. He said the SUV's engine was revving higher than a vehicle normally would – almost like it was in the wrong gear.

It was a written order denying his motion for dismissal…

Later in the day, after more than a week of verbally setting aside Brooks' court jurisdictional challenges, Dorow formally filed a written order denying Brooks' motion for dismissal.

THANKS...this guy keeps wanting the jury to think this is some illegal court case being tried in the wrong spot and asking for credentials of all involved. While he appears to be crazy I am sure jury is picking up on the fact that while bizarre he is in full command of keeping up with each witness and able to comprehend everything. That ability will make it ever easier to throw the full extent of the law at him at conviction time. I have to wonder how he will deal with the SUV viewing next week...that should be impactful for the jury but he will try to disrupt it somehow.
He sure will try to disrupt that jury viewing if the SUV. How will they control him…stun belt?

Yes, that was Craig Liermann, assistant police chief for the Franklin Police Department. He said the SUV's engine was revving higher than a vehicle normally would – almost like it was in the wrong gear.
thank you. So, it's likely that would not have affected his braking ability? I'm trying to rule out any possible defenses.

I just rewatched DB's cross of the PO with red hair, beard and skinny black tie. I decided he might be one of my favorite witnesses of all time. If anybody wants to do the same, it starts at the 3 hour mark here

IMO, DB has been surprisingly somewhat effective asking questions during cross trying to create reasonable doubt. (Earlier in this thread, @steeltowngirl was creating a list of his "issues".) Yesterday for example, he questioned the LE officer who was first on the scene when the damaged vehicle was found on Maple St immediately after the parade. There were photos of the SUV with various items on the vehicle that were presumed to be from the victims of hit and run, including a headband from one of the dancers. DB's questioning raised doubt, as if these items may have and could have been planted by 'someone'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member