GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning trial watchers - I don’t know why I’m doing this to myself because DB pisses me off! He’s objecting to every other question now. He’s def more amped up today as this thread predicted last week.

I don’t think this female witness will rattle with his cross.

The jury is getting clear images of what he looked like then and how he has tried to clean up his appearance now…but all of these witnesses have clearly identified him.

Good Morning!

I have a question if you don't mind.Is there a reason why they just don't refer to him as the defendant instead of calling him by his name?Is it because he is representing himself as to why they don't?It would cut down on the objections of him repeatedly saying they he doesn't identify by his name.

So today's objections are "leading" instead of "hearsay".I just can't with this nutter.Once again he has no clue what a definition of a word is.

Good morning trial watchers - I don’t know why I’m doing this to myself because DB pisses me off! He’s objecting to every other question now. He’s def more amped up today as this thread predicted last week.
The only reason he is objecting to most of the questions is to tick everyone off.

with each witness he goes down the "plantiff" line of questioning. I think the judge should warn DB that line of of questioning will necessitate her to stop the cross and cite the case law. She is using 906.11 more quickly today and I think wants this case to finish this week.

Brooks changed his not guilty plea last June to not guilty by reason of mental disease and defect. But in September, he changed his not guilty by insanity plea to a not guilty plea.

Brooks has been evaluated by multiple mental health professionals, who deemed him competent to stand trial, saying his peculiar behaviors were not the result of any mental health issues. The court, in consultation with the psychologists, deemed him competent to stand trial and represent himself. The District Attorney said they are not concerned about his competency to stand trial and believes his behavior is a delay tactic.

thank you glad that has been fully covered.

Thanks, thought it may have been. Guess I should have googled it…

I wonder if some inmate at the jail that has been through the legal system once or twice has been giving Brooks any advice. If so, he should have advised him to be courteous to the court.
I have been thinking the same thing. He is being advised by a jailhouse lawyer to object to everything. He is being advised to try to throw the prosecution offtneir game by breaking their rhythm and to give himself grounds for future appeals. In truth it's not the worst plan. He has nothing to lose at this point.

Why is his mother not in the courtroom? I feel like that would go a long way in keeping him under control. It’s odd to me that she wouldn’t want to be there. Hm.

Why is his mother not in the courtroom? I feel like that would go a long way in keeping him under control. It’s odd to me that she wouldn’t want to be there. Hm.
Will she be called as a witness? Could be why she is not in the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member