GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, even from the confines of jail, he was harassing E by calling her 37 times? Did I hear that right?
Yes. And today has been nothing but an extension of his ability to further control and abuse his victims. My issues with how the court allows this...

Last edited by a moderator:
With that closing tirade on the record, I think we saw the judge give him all the verbal rope he wanted to unknowingly hang himself.

This might have been the most effective consequence of the day.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

It looks like unless his mother shows up to testify on Monday he’s done with his case. I think there’s a good chance he will take the stand just to be argumentative and difficult! That’s gonna be a nightmare. I hope he doesn’t testify! For the sake of everyone’s nerves. Or if he does I hope the state doesn’t cross examine him (I know I’m asking too much here - I feel like Wittchow is chomping at the bit to take a swipe at this maniac). Let him make his statement and get off the stand. The case has been proven beyond ANY doubt.

Sounds like closings won’t be until Tuesday. Jury instructions alone will take a couple hours to read!

I don’t know if there is anything to be learned from this trial, regarding the defendant’s behavior. IANAL but I don’t know why any judge or witness should have to tolerate any of this behavior, to protect his rights. It is painful to watch.
IMO, it is clear who is running the show (trial) here....
This is the train, run off it's tracks...
IMO, The US Judicial system has run amuck, expect more of this now.
How did we EVER get here?

ETA: link, with some similar thoughts/opinions

Last edited:
IMO, it is clear who is running the show (trial) here....
This is the train, run off it's tracks...
IMO, The US Judicial system has run amuck, expect more of this now.
How did we EVER get here?

ETA: link, with some similar thoughts/opinions

Prosecutors and court commissioners in Waukesha are responsible for this runaway lunatic/circus show. He was given a slap on the wrist for some serious criminal acts. This has caused him to think he can slip and slide his way outta this crime as well. He’s looking for a loophole. If you just slap ppls hands for serious crimes, they think they should be entitled to be excused yet again once they escalate. He didn’t mean to do it. It wasn’t intentional and who is the judge / prosecutors to judge him!

In a way the judge has to be extra careful because there could be some “compassionate” appellate judge who determines this guy was “incompetent” to represent himself and gives him another trial. These TV commentators are giving us a clue as to what the appeal could be. They’re priming it for the appellate courts. <modsnip: political>

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m a teacher and rarely have time to watch coverage. I do believe the judge is only being so accommodating bc she wants to rule out any chance of appeal.

I’ve been home sick for two days and finally caught some live. Sad thing is that I see a parallel with many students. This “you can’t touch me” attitude epidemic is going to grow exponentially in the next few years. It’s EVERYWHERE and truly frightens me for our future. MOO

This trial has been exhausting to all. I am worried about one or two jury members that might buy into the railroading theory, think it was just an accident, or simply feel sorry for his lack of legal education. When the time finally comes for the prosecution to make closing, it may be best for them to stay unemotional and just deliver the facts. Not overdo it, as it’s not necessary to further draw on the jury’s emotions. I am thinking the male attorney may be the most suitable to close.

It goes without question that the parade attack happened. State each item that positively ties DB to being the driver of the vehicle. The key to the SUV in DB’s pocket, DNA, video, photos, witnesses who identified him. Reiterate that no mechanical issues were found with the vehicle‘s brakes or acceleration. Then wordlessly show the pictures of the victims, and remind the jury that at any time, DB could have stopped. He chose not to stop. He left people in his wake to suffer and die. And the time has come for him to pay the legal consequences.

The facts speak for themselves.

jmo

I’m a teacher and rarely have time to watch coverage. I do believe the judge is only being so accommodating bc she wants to rule out any chance of appeal.

I’ve been home sick for two days and finally caught some live. Sad thing is that I see a parallel with many students. This “you can’t touch me” attitude epidemic is going to grow exponentially in the next few years. It’s EVERYWHERE and truly frightens me for our future. MOO
Thanks for your perspective! Yeah a trial is a microcosm of the larger community and this trial is showing us what we’re up against as a society/culture. It’s a scary thought! There’s a failure on all levels here! The parenting, the court system, the prosecutors, the judges, the media etc. JMO

Thanks for your perspective! Yeah a trial is a microcosm of the larger community and this trial is showing us what we’re up against as a society/culture. It’s a scary thought! There’s a failure on all levels here! The parenting, the court system, the prosecutors, the judges, the media etc. JMO
Parenting is the main issue in creating this, IMO. Not holding children accountable for 18 years and wondering why they continue into adulthood. I’m not speaking of all parents, but those who excuse, enable, and promote defiant and aggressive behavior without consequences. At the point they reach the age to be involved with judicial systems as adults, the monster has been created and unleashed. MOO

I don't know what would be better for the victims for DB, life sentences or death sentence.

IMO solitary would be to easy on this guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member