GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m one of the outliers in my opinion of this judge but I really don’t see the need to repeat herself about this stuff. She’s already put all of this stuff on the record. She should just move forward like how she started today. The record is clear! She gets assertive then doubts herself and takes several steps back imo. Move the case forward! End this! There is no way this case gets appealed in my lay opinion, which is prob not worth much. :)
I agree with you completely. At this point, the judge has enough on record for an appellate court to review to find zero factual findings of any legal errors and/or that his constitutional rights have not been upheld.
I think he should be allowed to start each day in the courtroom and then should be moved to the next room the moment he starts his disruptive behavior and remain there the rest of the day. The only way he will get it is to learn consistent cause/effect. He clearly quickly picks up what is going on around him as an opportunistic predator does. (Not saying his paranoid observations are based in any reality, just that he quickly and easily takes in all info as a means to use for his own perceived personal gain). The judge should give 3 warnings, and then consequence. She does go back on some of her decision which is where I am frustrated by her. That only teaches the defendant that all he has to do is get louder and more stubborn until she gives in. This is absolute predator behavior.

This is all my opinion based on my own observations.

It looks like unless his mother shows up to testify on Monday he’s done with his case. I think there’s a good chance he will take the stand just to be argumentative and difficult! That’s gonna be a nightmare. I hope he doesn’t testify! For the sake of everyone’s nerves. Or if he does I hope the state doesn’t cross examine him (I know I’m asking too much here - I feel like Wittchow is chomping at the bit to take a swipe at this maniac). Let him make his statement and get off the stand. The case has been proven beyond ANY doubt.

Sounds like closings won’t be until Tuesday. Jury instructions alone will take a couple hours to read!
What did she say something about 60 or more pages??? I just remember some really high numbers. Always a shame they are so complicated.

5:51 p.m.: Court ends for the week. Judge Dorow said Brooks will have the opportunity to testify himself, call his mother to stand, or both, Monday morning. She plans to then send the jury home so they can begin the jury instruction conference Monday afternoon. She said that will be done by the end of Monday no matter how long it takes. Dorow said they will start jury instructions Tuesday morning and expects it to take awhile. She did say the state should be prepared to give its closing argument Tuesday afternoon.

Just now watching the defense witnesses that I missed today.

As the prosecution described the open compound leg fracture of KY’s young son, and as she sobbed on the stand, DB had the cojones to throw a hearsay objection and state “he is not a doctor.”

I am gobsmacked.
DB really is a sadistic monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
DB history of interactions with police since 1999
Impregnated 15 YO, assaults,Repeat DV abuser,sex predator, Meth,strangulation, yet given repeat leniency,now facing 6 murder charges.

Justice system works well for DB (his freedom) i guess.

DB history of interactions with police since 1999
Impregnated 15 YO, assaults,Repeat DV abuser,sex predator, Meth,strangulation, yet given repeat leniency,now facing 6 murder charges.

Justice system works well for DB (his freedom) i guess.

And, I think there are many more very similar to DB... they care only for themselves and the justice system complies. It's repeat, rap and repeat. :mad: jmo

I read another history of DB since age 17. This guy has been pure evil since that time. It is one series of law enforcement taking him in and then the system releasing him way too soon. Crazy low bails. I think the families of the dead in this case have cause to go after the system that failed. Knowing how she bailed him out and his next move was this parade massacre not sure how Dawn Woods can really show her face in the courtroom. I bet she is watching what is happening and will not just come because he "axes" her to do so.
BBM
Sadly it has happened many times before and it will happen again.

Unfortunately there are only so many prison cells and many prisoners could actually use a good mental health psych ward IMO.

He just called E mumbling a rush to judgment
He has no idea what the legal term 'rush to judgement' even means. He throws it out there whenever the judge tells him to hurry along---and he says ' I won't let you 'rush to judgement' ----:rolleyes:

I think he truly believes he is an attorney now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what would be better for the victims for DB, life sentences or death sentence.

IMO solitary would be to easy on this guy.
Solitary would be utter torture for this narcissist. It would be the worst thing of all to him. Life wouldn't bother him because he can be a 'king' in prison and enjoy his ratchet life. I'd vote for death though. He is a vile, coldhearted monster with nothing to offer this world anymore. JMO

But why go down such a restricted route full of men, women and children? Weren't there other streets that would have been better options? It didn't help him get away.
By the time he saw the parade he knew exactly what he was doing. He PURPOSELY drove into the parade, honking but pressing down on the accelerator, going towards the dancers and the children marching, running them over and never breaking.

she needs to appoint a "standby attorney"...I guess she does not want that option. This is getting stupid and I hope he does not press her so far that she makes a mistake in something she says.
I think she is afraid of a mistrial. This defendant is is horridly disruptive and manipulative that placing a co-attorney into the mix could implode the trial. This guy is too unpredictable and he could assault the guy, or do something to make things go sideways.

This is the last day of witnesses and then it goes to closing statements and jury instructions. Bringing in another attorney at this point could backfire in so many ways. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member