GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also anyone know what factors play into the timing of the sentencing? I assume based on guidelines the judge will impose the max and would like to do that "yesterday". So should be quick...some victims are probably already ready for victim impact statements, doubt DB will have any and I think the State based on some other comments would like to have this completely DONE by Nov. 21.

Surely I did not hear correctly when the jury instructions say there is no debate about the defendant being the perpetrator of theses crimes, that there has been overwhelming evidence that Mr. Brooks committed these crimes…….isn’t that what the jury is supposed to decide?
my opinion only.
I got that a little wrong, the wording was about the defendants identity not his guilt…..makes sense now. the part the judge read was strange but I guess the defendant kept saying he did not recognize that name and such during the trail. My opinion only.

I hope they turn audio on soon
edit: waiting for judge

and he's back in court room still whining about subject matter jurisdiction again.

now arguing whether removal from the courtroom constitutes contempt, and the continuing arguments about subject matter jurisdiction. Now she has violated his civil rights because he doesn't consent to any of this.

Good gravy I am not gonna make it through today.

His basic argument right now is that his basic constitutional rights are being violated. Now he is playing the "boohoo" I don't understand these proceedings and that is the judge's fault for not assisting him in his defense.

This guy wants to complain basically because he is getting poor representation, by his own dang self :D

He claims he doesn't understand her question about jury instruction that his lack of testimony cannot be used against him but in the same breath asks how she can do what he clearly understands she is going to do if he refuses to answer her question about this. He either understands or doesn't there is no in between. MOO

Here we go again. Judge is explaining again and going back and forth with him. She knows these are all subversive tactics on his part.

Edited to add - And he has a point about the judge engaging in needless interaction with him. He told her he wanted to be in the other courtroom and she brought him in anyway. And now she's wasting time removing him.

Wait a minute! What's he doing back in the courtroom? Things were ok with him being in the other room. Now after lunch we are suddenly back to square one. I generally support the judge, but this is getting downright silly.

Wait a minute! What's he doing back in the courtroom? Things were ok with him being in the other room. Now after lunch we are suddenly back to square one. I generally support the judge, but this is getting downright silly.
She understands he is solely looking at how to derail the case on technicalities.

This is why he "could not hear" in the other courtroom, why he won't "give consent to anything", and now why he "don't understand" anything.

There is no honesty in him.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

As painful as it is to see him back in the courtroom, I get it.
Judge is doing all that she can to present...on the record, that he was available and present.
It is only by HIS actions that he is removed.....not hers.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member