Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Frank Passafiume was added to the list of rule-outs today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

WOW it took me 2 days and finally got through the whole thread!!!.. I have been reading it every chance I got..so interesting, I have not been able to stop. There has been so much thought, time and work put into this guy.. Amazing how far you guys have gotten.. yet he still remains unidentified.. Masnitram.. wow you have kept so much contact with LE and they have cooperated so much its all amazing..Great work on this thread!!!!!

Its just so sad how the case was handled since the beginning.. Nobody cared to identify the bag of clothing.. not even enough to say if it was a shoulder bag or a shopping bag or if the clothing seemed new like the ones he was wearing..No photos of the Bike he left at the house he stole the car from..Do we even know the make of it or color?? There are people that post on different sites on collectible bikes and you can read stories on people who had them stolen and so forth.. that could of been another avenue that we could of taken now if we had info on the bike.. So frustrating how many details were lost since the beginning..and then the topping of the cake was Everything including his dentures were thrown out.. ugh.. why!!!! Because someone had the bright idea to clean house.. ugh!!!!!!!!!!

I was sad that some of the links in the beginning do not work anymore.. like I was looking at the one that mentions the watch. Someone posted of the watch being on him? That photo no longer exists? or did I misunderstand the post?. but anyway that no longer works either.. Did you guys find out if the watch was battery or wind up.. or where he got it from? It would be interesting to see his hands.. because you would be able to tell if he was a person that did more labor with his hands..

I also noticed on the the photos that were on Namus of the items in his wallet one of them is a photo of a circle stamp that says Action Satisfaction Kemmerly Real Estate.. was that stamped on the back of the lighter? or wallet? what was that part of? A business card?.. I was a bit confused.? Thank you for all of the work you guys have done for Years to try and identify this guy..

I had thoughts on this along the way the thread.
One is that maybe he was in a rush to go to someone who was sick and dying and he had to get there before they died? Then because they died, nobody was every notified that this guy was missing? Has anyone checked out any deaths of people in Wisconsin right around the time of his death?

Then of course I had the thought of him being a fugitive running from something that he did.. Maybe he was all clean cut with new clothing because he used to look totally different, perhaps with beard and mustache and longer hair and wore completely different type of clothing.. Changed his look completely to run away from something.. Maybe looking for men that have a different look might be a possibility?

There were some crimes committed in August of 1977 of some woman being found in the trunk of her car in Indianapolis.. he could of been tied to that and that is why he was running.. I have only looked around a little ..

Another thing that someone mentioned on one of the earlier posts was he could of been a boxer.. was a thought I had also!.. I wonder if there are are any old boxing photos of amateur boxers from that time.. Again it would be great if we could see his hands..

Iam so intrigued on this guy and so impressed at how long this thread has been going and building.. You guys are awesome.. I believe the identity of this guy will be solved one day.

Hi madamx! I will do my best to answer your questions.

* The bicycles color remains a mystery. The detective told me years ago that it was an "ordinary" AMC brand. No photos exist.

* The denture plate is a bit of an anomoly from my understanding. No record of it has been found and seems to only exist in the newspaper mentions. Our guy did have fully healed sockets (top four teeth) so we do know for sure that the teeth didnt exist for sometime prior to his death. Now if he actually wore a denture plate....we don't know for sure.

* The watch is another mystery. Waltham brand is literally all we know.

* All photos of anything Kemmerly (real estate) related are from a business card found in his wallet.

Hope that helps :)

I came across this guy he was wanted in Florida. Photo is from 1970.. he had sort of this john does look..He also looks like he is a hairy type of guy!...
I did notice the john doe (considering how hairy he was) was super shaven with his side burns even shaved off, which for the 1970s was a bit odd.. and even his eyebrows look very neat almost shaped and tweezed recently..I wonder if Cops went around to any barbers in the area and asked if they had shaved him and cut his hair.

its so distracting because his hair almost looks blonde in the photos.. but I recall you mentioning the cop you have been in contact with has stated that the hair was dark brown.

https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_14,_NO_7,_SEPTEMBER_1970.pdf

IMG_1594.jpg

so nobody ever checked to see what type of pills they were? so strange.. or how many pills? was there any serial numbers on the pill envelope? or was it just a generic white envelope with generic white pills? hehehe!

...I was looking at my notes about the pills and the doctor mentioned in the article....

* There is no official record of any conversation between LE and the doctor.

Gurnee PD was asked to follow up initially (There was a follow up, but no mention of who found the doctor and made contact)

Notes indicate that the nothing of significance to identify was gained in follow up.

No prescribed name or pharmacy name on the envelope.

Medication type unknown

Envelope may have contained samples from a clinic visit, not an actual prescription.

Subject may not have seen the actual doctor listed, pills obtained via nurse or staff

May not have been his, or may have not been picked up by him.

Thank you masnitram for answering my questions and for not giving up on this John Doe in so many years.. I just found him a couple of days ago and will try and do my best to help here.!

Hi madamx! I will do my best to answer your questions.

* The bicycles color remains a mystery. The detective told me years ago that it was an "ordinary" AMC brand. No photos exist.

* The denture plate is a bit of an anomoly from my understanding. No record of it has been found and seems to only exist in the newspaper mentions. Our guy did have fully healed sockets (top four teeth) so we do know for sure that the teeth didnt exist for sometime prior to his death. Now if he actually wore a denture plate....we don't know for sure.

* The watch is another mystery. Waltham brand is literally all we know.

* All photos of anything Kemmerly (real estate) related are from a business card found in his wallet.

Hope that helps :)

The first guy, Ronald Hale, looks a lot like our guy. Both of them are probably too old. They say the best estimate for our guy is 26.

The LE did attempt to find out about the pills. Nothing.....

I would like to find out if Gurnee PD has a file on this case.

If he was looking for work in the Chicago area, wouldn't it be accurate to think he was local, or at least living in the area at the time he was looking for employment?

Was the lighter in his pocket something that was stocked throughout the country? Granted, he could have stolen it (like he may have done with a lot of his belongings), but at least if the lighter is regional and the engraver could be located you would have an area he would have had to have been in to steal the lighter.

I'm surprised they couldn't sort out whose belongings they were by asking the owner of the vehicle.
Were they not able to find who owned it? Reading the case, I couldn't determine that.

They did follow up with the owner and sort out what belonged to him and our guy.

The vehicle owners name was published in one of the articles. (Michael Malmberg). He passed away in 2013.

They did follow up with the owner and sort out what belonged to him and our guy.
The vehicle owners name was published in one of the articles. (Michael Malmberg). He passed away in 2013.

Totally missed that, so thank you!
Since the vehicle owner helped sort the found items out, can we safely assume stuff that wasn't claimed by him belonged to the John Doe?

Yes, the vehicle owner determined that the bags of clothes and lighter did not belong to him. The wallet containing the business cards and cash, pills, keys, watch, and pocket notebook where on our guy (or in his clothes).

The only oddity is the library books. I swear the detective told me that Malmberg's wife was a librarian...but that may not be accurate. Either way, they werent of any help in finding out our guys identity

If he was looking for work in the Chicago area, wouldn't it be accurate to think he was local, or at least living in the area at the time he was looking for employment?

Was the lighter in his pocket something that was stocked throughout the country? Granted, he could have stolen it (like he may have done with a lot of his belongings), but at least if the lighter is regional and the engraver could be located you would have an area he would have had to have been in to steal the lighter.
Ive never really dug into the engraving on the lighter other than the message. I know that type of lighter was popular beginning in WWII and created shortly before then.

It is assumed he was local...but it can't really.be determined how long he was in the area. He had a purpose both in finding work and whatever triggered his exit.

fwiw, here is the full info about the bicycle:

The bike was a red AMF (not AMC) Roadmaster Skyrider 20" boy's bike with a light and bell :)

As a side note, I know that this thread has been seen by the ME and she really appreciates the time and effort :)

That's nice of you to say, masnitram. We seldom hear feedback from officials.

That's nice of you to say, masnitram. We seldom hear feedback from officials.
Agreed!

She gave me the info about his bicycle and asked me to say thanks to everyone :)

Oh wow so there was a name for the guy that got the car stolen? So was there an address or street name of where the car was taken to possibly be able to map out John Does whereabouts?
Totally missed that, so thank you!
Since the vehicle owner helped sort the found items out, can we safely assume stuff that wasn't claimed by him belonged to the John Doe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back