Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sent an email to Waukesha ME with Jean Corbeil's information and MP page. We'll see what happens from here........
I sent the ME and Canadian missing people authorities the lead a couple years ago and they took it seriously and submitted his info, but he was not a match. But i got other websites to list Jean's info. He was a ghost in the cyber missing people world. I'm hoping Jean will be found one day. I know there were a bunch of other unidentified candidates he could be, but I realize there's a lag getting to test.

Good find! I just sent a screenshot of your post to the ME. I was looking through ancestry files and couldn't find the name coming up with that spelling, but I found an Earl with that last name in the area having yearbook photos. With a unique spelling of Arile I wonder if the original was a typo and was supposed to be Ariel. Or perhaps if he was native he may not have had ancestry records, which would explain him not showing up. What do you think?

I think it's worth looking into for sure. Tyvm for contacting the ME! Hopefully they'll find enough info about Arile that he'll be quickly ruled in or out. Good thinking on the potentially misspelled name. ARLIE would be another possibility, if Arile is not the correct spelling. Thanks again!

Something interesting is that there was a LUMS restaurant in Waukesha. (At least as of 1974 anyway) I found the ad in an old newspaper clip. When I map the address it takes me to the current Gyros West restaurant which I can totally picture being a diner in the past. But what's weird is the address in the paper says "W Moreland" and yet maps takes me to "E Moreland" ? Maybe it changed at some point? not sure.

Point being, I wonder if DJD obtained the LUMS pen from that restaurant?! OR I guess there were also a few locations in IL but most are fairly far from the Chicago area.

Not the most significant find but it does make me wonder if he had recently had a meal at the Waukesha LUMS just before the accident...and if so I bet someone would have remembered waiting on him :( But how could they have known to put 2 and 2 together that he would be the accident victim mentioned in the paper in the following days?

This case I tell ya! Drives me bonkers that no one knows/knew the kid. I just don't get it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200207-212038_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200207-212038_Maps.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20200207-013703_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200207-013703_Chrome.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 19
There was a Lums restaurant at 300 E. St. Charles Rd. in Villa Park, IL. It's currently a cigar shop and before it was the cigar shop it was the Dumpling Villa or the Villa Dumpling restaurant. Villa Park is a suburb of Chicago and not far from Wheaton where the Gaedes clothing store was located. Both the Lums restaurant and Gaedes clothing store were within walking distance of the train stations in either town and it is probably 15 minutes or so between Wheaton and Villa Park by commuter train.

Other than the crash of the stolen car occurring in Waukesha county, we have not uncovered any ties the victim had to that community.

He could have picked the pen up from anywhere and not necessarily in the restaurant. Just yesterday I found myself with a Standard Bank pen that I happened to pick up from someone's desk. I don't even know where Standard Bank is located. All the pen and clothing tell me is he could have received assistance from a charitable organization in the Wheaton/DuPage county area.

Genealogical DNA is going to be the best option for an ID in this case, if he wasn't adopted. In which case DNA isn't going to help I'd him.

He is listed as a pending case on the DNA Doe Project website.

Delafield John Doe 1977 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Description
On September 14, 1977, during the early morning hours, a Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department Deputy was pursuing a vehicle for speeding when the driver ran a stop sign, lost control, left the highway, and crashed. The driver was killed when he was ejected from the vehicle; he was the sole occupant. The incident occurred 7 ½ miles east of Delafield, Wisconsin. Investigators discovered the vehicle had been stolen from Gurnee, Illinois. During autopsy the forensic pathologist determined the deceased was a White / Caucasian male, 20-30 years old, 6 feet tall, 155 pounds, with brown hair cut military style. Items found in the vehicle contained the name “John”. Investigators were able to eliminate the vehicle’s owner, but could not determine if the name was actually the decedent’s name, an alias, or something unrelated to him.

NamUs ID: UP7632
Date Body Found: September 14, 1977
Race: BWhite/Caucasian
Estimated Age: 20-30
Estimated PMI: minutes

Agency of Jurisdiction
Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department
Mike Toole, Detective
262-548-7122
mtoole@waukeshacounty.gov

Links to More Information
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
1766UMWI
Delafield John Doe
Delafield Wisconsin Unidentified | Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children & Adults

Photo Credit: NCMEC

Posted on February 17, 2020

He is listed as a pending case on the DNA Doe Project website.

Delafield John Doe 1977 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Description
On September 14, 1977, during the early morning hours, a Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department Deputy was pursuing a vehicle for speeding when the driver ran a stop sign, lost control, left the highway, and crashed. The driver was killed when he was ejected from the vehicle; he was the sole occupant. The incident occurred 7 ½ miles east of Delafield, Wisconsin. Investigators discovered the vehicle had been stolen from Gurnee, Illinois. During autopsy the forensic pathologist determined the deceased was a White / Caucasian male, 20-30 years old, 6 feet tall, 155 pounds, with brown hair cut military style. Items found in the vehicle contained the name “John”. Investigators were able to eliminate the vehicle’s owner, but could not determine if the name was actually the decedent’s name, an alias, or something unrelated to him.

NamUs ID: UP7632
Date Body Found: September 14, 1977
Race: BWhite/Caucasian
Estimated Age: 20-30
Estimated PMI: minutes

Agency of Jurisdiction
Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department
Mike Toole, Detective
262-548-7122
mtoole@waukeshacounty.gov

Links to More Information
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
1766UMWI
Delafield John Doe
Delafield Wisconsin Unidentified | Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children & Adults

Photo Credit: NCMEC

Posted on February 17, 2020
Very excited about this one! DDP has had some luck in Wisconsin--like with Rock County John Doe.

Does anyone know on average how long it takes for a case with ddp to go from pending to active?

Good find! I just sent a screenshot of your post to the ME. I was looking through ancestry files and couldn't find the name coming up with that spelling, but I found an Earl with that last name in the area having yearbook photos. With a unique spelling of Arile I wonder if the original was a typo and was supposed to be Ariel. Or perhaps if he was native he may not have had ancestry records, which would explain him not showing up. What do you think?

Have you heard back from the ME? I wonder if they're holding off on comparisons now that DNA Doe has the case?

Buuuuuuuuump.

I'm so impatient for any kind of an update on this case. DDP has so many cases listed at their site, how do they get to them all?

With a lot of team work! I know Carl K has been busy working one case. It's not easy with so many people deleting their GEDmatch kits. I removed 8 kits, only left mine until I see what the new owners are going to use it for since they own an LE only DNA database

With a lot of team work! I know Carl K has been busy working one case. It's not easy with so many people deleting their GEDmatch kits. I removed 8 kits, only left mine until I see what the new owners are going to use it for since they own an LE only DNA database

I don't get it. If someone hasn't committed a crime why would it matter if LE has access to the GEDMATCH info? I would be more concerned about privacy with regards to possible genetic medical issues than criminal issues.

Please, please, please let this case move from pending to active soon.

Per the ME's office NCMEC is in the process of getting swabs from James Stanford's relative/s over to UNTCHI to obtain a profile and upload it to CODIS.

IDK how long that will take, but I am grateful it's in process.

https://www.untfsu.com/DNAInstructions.html

James Charles Stanford – The Charley Project
Do you have any word on whether this DNA sequencing has been completed? We are wondering whether Stanford may be a match for NamUs #UP10998 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The non-profit org Someday Known (located in Waukesha County, Wisconsin) is keeping an account for funds raised to solve DD's identity through genetic genealogy when this method becomes available for this case. If you would like to make a donation, you can visit somedayknown.org. 100% of donations through this link will be used to help identify Delafield Doe.

The fingerprint card was not purposely thrown out by the WPD and they do not think this case is unsolvable. The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department has had detectives assigned to this case constantly and they do care about seeing it resolved.

I'm confused. Delafield doe went from pending to needing funding on DDP. What does this mean? I thought cases went from needing funding to pendinb, not vice versa, but I could be wrong. I thought the necessary funding was already obtained for Delafield Doe.

So confuzzzzzzed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75
Back