Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The more I look at Jean Corbeil, the more I think he's a good potential match. The age, height, weight, hair color, eye color and isotope info all match.

Jean went missing from Montreal in May of 1977 at the age of 20 or 21. He's listed as 6'2" and 154 lbs which fits with our guy. He has a similarly slanted nose and his eyes droop on the outsides. Can someone add Jean's picture. I can't add it to the thread.

Photo comparison of John Doe and Jean Corbeil
Original
Original
showImage;jsessionid=2RQfd1mCyWhgL5vFyyGTjGySgWnpLsyJ4KJBbSpzT9v8kt3qG7JG!-617028037

It's really strange there's no criminal records about this man.
Nine times out of ten those who steal, rob, etc. have dozens of previous convictions :rolleyes:

If there are any, there is no way to find them without a name. Last we knew his fingerprint card is missing and the copy of it is not sufficient to upload into AFIS.

I want to see if someone will take this case and do the forensic genealogy. I'm pretty sure we could come up with whatever funds are necessary crowd sourcing.

My reservation about it being a match is based on the isotope analysis. The area of probable or possible provenance in that area of the country does not extend south enough to even include Iowa or Illinois, so Missouri would be even more of a stretch.
But don't let me stop anyone from inquiring about this! He really has a good resemblance possibility and I'm all for checking on any possible match.

Hi there, on the eve of yet another anniversary for our guy, I am going to send this possible match to the ME's office. Thinking back to the exact case that isotope analysis was so off.... It was little DuPage Johnny doe who was later id'd as Atcel Olmedo. The isotope info led us to northern Minnesota, and southern Canada. Ended up, they were from Mexico and there were family ties to Chicago and Cicero. Our guy could really be from anywhere.

Last edited:
If there are any, there is no way to find them without a name. Last we knew his fingerprint card is missing and the copy of it is not sufficient to upload into AFIS.

I want to see if someone will take this case and do the forensic genealogy. I'm pretty sure we could come up with whatever funds are necessary crowd sourcing.
Fingerprint card is missing...it seems law enforcement miss too many things... :confused:

Fingerprint card is missing...it seems law enforcement miss too many things... :confused:

According to previously posted info, iirc, evidence was discarded at some point when authorities decided this case was unsolvable. That was long before current technology existed.

My heart is so heavy today, as yet another anniversary is here without an id.

:confused: o_O :rolleyes: This is me NOT AT ALL surprised that Waukesha Co PD lost and destroyed evidence because they "feel its unsolvable"...NOT SURPRISED one little bit!

:confused: o_O :rolleyes: This is me NOT AT ALL surprised that Waukesha Co PD lost and destroyed evidence because they "feel its unsolvable"...NOT SURPRISED one little bit!
...and unfortunately they're not alone... o_Oo_O

The non-profit org Someday Known (located in Waukesha County, Wisconsin) is keeping an account for funds raised to solve DD's identity through genetic genealogy when this method becomes available for this case. If you would like to make a donation, you can visit somedayknown.org. 100% of donations through this link will be used to help identify Delafield Doe.

The fingerprint card was not purposely thrown out by the WPD and they do not think this case is unsolvable. The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department has had detectives assigned to this case constantly and they do care about seeing it resolved.

I made a donation. FWIW, when I mentioned the authorities deemed this case unsolvable, I meant decades ago, long before current technology was available. I didn't mean to imply current authorities felt the same way.

I can't wait until enough money is available for genealogical testing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
OK - OK - Arile Wayne Shatswell, 36, Oklahoma City, 1 June 1976

Arile Shatswell might be a good candidate for comparison. His stats are off a bit from JD's estimated height and weight. I couldn't find any info beyond what's on his MP profiles.
Original
Original
Original

Good find! I just sent a screenshot of your post to the ME. I was looking through ancestry files and couldn't find the name coming up with that spelling, but I found an Earl with that last name in the area having yearbook photos. With a unique spelling of Arile I wonder if the original was a typo and was supposed to be Ariel. Or perhaps if he was native he may not have had ancestry records, which would explain him not showing up. What do you think?

I would do the forensic genealogy for free. I do this everyday with other cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back