Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Would love to know more about his story some day if/when his sister is ready. I wonder what Wisconsin had in store for him? Or if he was just driving aimlessly to get away from it all.

Does anyone have the resources/access to see if he was ever in any yearbooks during his time in TN? Although he has a pretty generic first and last name so it might be hard to pinpoint which John Scott would be him. Plus who knows if he even went to public school and what state he was residing in during high school.

I'm just amazed. The 3 cases I've been most emotionally invested in the past 4 years or so have all been solved this year! Septic Tank Sam, Bibb Co Doe, and Delafield John Doe! All from so long ago too!

It's truly awesome that these young men all get to have their name back after so so many decades. DNA saves the day again!
I looked a bit, but nothing to be found. Bristol is a border city with half of it in Virginia, so he could have attended high school on the Virginia side too (it looks like some family resided in/was from Virginia as well).

Per a marriage record, it appears he was born on May 6, 1950.

Kind of interesting to see that all the clues/references to the name "John" and "Scott" in his belongings seem to have had significance now.

RSBM Kind of interesting to see that all the clues/references to the name "John" and "Scott" in his belongings seem to have had significance now.
I had forgotten about the Scott detail. Amazing how the clues were there all along. I'll be interested to hear more of John's story, if we should be so lucky.

Oh my god. Was not expecting to see this when I opened up my phone tonight. I grew up very close to here and I am THRILLED Waukesha County is getting onto the DNA bandwagon because I know there are several other “cold” cases where the families would love to have answers.

And Bristol, TN… wow we were way off when we were going through Morton East/West yearbooks awhile back. This is just wild.

Wow I didn't even think about the Scott part! My gosh we had the first and last name right in front of us the whole time! That's awesome you guys are looking up yearbooks. I wonder if when you guys run into anything you think could be a match, if you also search that same yearbook for a Lauri. I'm dying to know what happened to Lauri! You know what else is weird? Wasn't the isotope analysis way off? It had him more in the north eastern states and I don't think TN was ever listed as a possibility, but I'd have to find the report again to verify that.

I'm surprise to see him Identified today when I opened websleuth site recently but not surprise by him not being from IL or WI or even foreigner (strong slavic looks). His lighter have labelled "To John from Lauri" on it. That was one clue we have and not much else. I like to know the detail, too.

RIP, John L Scott.

MASNITRAM: He finally got his name back!! His home state is very far away from the accident site.

I looked a bit, but nothing to be found. Bristol is a border city with half of it in Virginia, so he could have attended high school on the Virginia side too (it looks like some family resided in/was from Virginia as well).

Per a marriage record, it appears he was born on May 6, 1950.

Kind of interesting to see that all the clues/references to the name "John" and "Scott" in his belongings seem to have had significance now.

Wow how were you able to actually find THE John L. Scott? I'm never good at this stuff though I try so hard to be. Lol.

Also you said "per marriage record"? Does that mean he was once married or was still married at the time of the accident? If yes to either of those, does it list a spouses name?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb
Back