GUILTY WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe indications are that they went back to the AirBNB. The daughter texted someone that they were back.

11:19:14PM- Sent a text to SD: “I hear him I think tho"

11:19:18PM- Sent a text to SD: “Like I think he just pulled up”.

11:19:20PM- Sent a text to SD: “Like w someone”.

11:19:30PM- Sent a text to SD: “But yes its him”.

11:19:30PM- Sent a text to SD: “But yes its him”.

So abuse is an acceptable excuse for not caring about the fact her mother was on medications that put her at a greater risk of an infection and she asked her daughter to practice social distancing? Abuse is an acceptable excuse for ignoring her mother's request and then whining that her mother didn't care about her when they moved her and her boyfriend into an Airbnb??? Abuse has nothing to do with how she acted. I stand by my opinion: she sounds like a spoiled brat. JMO.
When a "Like" is not enough.
1,000 'likes' !

Abuse as a child/teen is not an excuse for murdering innocent people who have only tried to help.

Just saw this. As usual, please forgive if it's a repeat.

Suspected Killer of Wisc. Doctor, Husband Dated Daughter, Fought with Victims Over Social Distancing

The complaint indicates surveillance footage was utilized to identify Khari Sanford as a suspect

By Chris Harris
April 08, 2020 10:46 AM

One of the teen suspects charged in connection with the killings of Dr. Beth Potter and her husband, Robin Carre, was dating the couple’s daughter, and allegedly bragged about the killing to friends, a newly-released court document reveals.
PEOPLE obtained a copy of the criminal complaint against Khari Sanford, 18, who authorities say was the boyfriend of Miriam Potter Carre, the victims’ daughter. In it, investigators allege that greed motivated Sanford and an accomplice, Ali’jah J. Larrue, also 18, to first burglarize the couple before kidnapping them and executing them.

According to the criminal complaint, Sanford learned from his girlfriend her parents were “rich,” and kept thousands of dollars in cash.

More here:
Suspected Killer of Wisc. Doctor, Husband Dated Daughter, Fought with Victims Over Social Distancing

From the Daily Mail online link above:

Cops are still investigating Mimi's actions on the night of the killings and whether she played any role, DailyMail.com has learned.

I don’t think whether or not the daughter played a role is a $64,000 question.

I understand LE must investigate and be able to prove her involvement. Thank goodness friends of her parents are speaking up, as well as those who know the gunmen. IMO, her part in this appears to be multi-layered. From everything I’ve read, I don’t believe she was forced to go along with this murderous plan. IMO

If Doctor Beth was shot in the arm, I wonder if that was done while in the home to force compliance, for the couple to give the gunmen money, or forcing the couple out of their home, or both.

Executed, slaughtered, massacred—horrific and evil no matter how it is described. How the daughter and her boyfriend went from mad to murder is almost beyond comprehension.

Almost. I’ve read enough true crime to know and believe.

In the first photo, MPC is wearing a gold necklace with KS' name, and his photo on Instagram has him wearing one with her name.
Isn't that sweet ? :rolleyes:
Both of these young people and the friend (who was also arrested with the perp) give me the creeps.
Entitled, selfish, you name it.

Last edited:
My feeling is that daughter and boyfriend being asked to move was not the motive for these murders. These 2 suspects have no respect for human life and did not care about the cruelty and the terror they inflicted on these two innocent victims. Being asked to move doesn't trigger someone to shoot 2 people in the head. JMO

My feeling is that daughter and boyfriend being asked to move was not the motive for these murders. These 2 suspects have no respect for human life and did not care about the cruelty and the terror they inflicted on these two innocent victims. Being asked to move doesn't trigger someone to shoot 2 people in the head. JMO
bbm
Ita.
The bolded might give a clue as to some motive.
Also --did the daughter and bf go on a spending spree with her parent's credit cards after the murders ?
It's possible the daughter was told 'there will be no more free rides, you need to earn your money' ..or something like that.

Too often, we see victims of domestic abuse verbalize their fear, and far too often, a homicide occurs, the realization of their fears. In this too, IMO, these parents had expressed their fears and worries, and this is the realization of their fears. So sad that they were so right to be fearful and stressed. They IMO tried their best based on their intuition. So very sad.

bbm
Ita.
The bolded might give a clue as to some motive.
Also --did the daughter and bf go on a spending spree with her parent's credit cards after the murders ?
It's possible the daughter was told 'there will be no more free rides, you need to earn your money' ..or something like that.
I'm sure more details will come out, such as if there was money or credit cards stolen, etc. There may be further arrests also. If daughter gave the boyfriend an alibi, and if they indeed talked about getting money in a prior conversation, she had little regard for parents' lives either. We should all be careful who we let into our lives.

I don't know that it wasn't the trigger. Adoptees can be very sensitive about feeling 'abandoned' or rejected. Being asked to leave the family home may have triggered some deep seated anger and resentment that turned into rage at some point. JMO

Abandonment Issue?
I don't know that it wasn't the trigger. Adoptees can be very sensitive about feeling 'abandoned' or rejected. Being asked to leave the family home may have triggered some deep seated anger and resentment that turned into rage at some point. JMO
@katydid23 ^ Yes, entirely possible adopted dau was very sensitive about this.
OTOH, based on Mother's friend's comment re Mother sending dau & BF to airbnb, does not seem Mother 'threw them out of house and onto the street penniless.' Although we do not know, I got impression that Mother/parents planned to foot the bill for airbnb. Jmo, could be wrong.
Or is it possible Mother told her friend a reason varying a shade or two from the absolute, positive factual unvarnished truth? Perhaps she was aware of young man's prior arrest, etc?
Tragic deaths,
regardless.:(:(:(

Last edited:
Abandonment Issue?
@katydid23 ^ Yes, entirely possible adopted dau was very sensitive about this.
OTOH, based on Mother's friend's comment re Mother sending dau & BF to airbnb, does not seem Mother 'threw them out of house and onto the street penniless.' Although we do not know, I got impression that Mother/parents planned to foot the bill for airbnb. Jmo, could be wrong.
Or is it possible Mother told her friend a reason varying a shade or two from the absolute, positive factual unvarnished truth? Perhaps she was aware of young man's prior arrest, etc?
Tragic deaths,
regardless.:(:(:(
Agree. It is hard to overlook what we know. They were helpful community members. They took in the BF. A BF who had been involved in an incident. They asked for some boundaries that involved medical issues. When boundaries were not respected, they found them a place and gave up their own vehicle. We saw the lying after the fact. We saw the posing with a Glock. IMO it is hard to argue that there wasn't premeditation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back