WI - ICE seeks help to ID youth in photos #2 - Identified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the main picture LE released with the boy facing forward, does it seem as though his ears are pierced?

My potential match has both ears pierced and I was thinking that it couldn't be seen whether or not this kids are...but...

:(

Who is your potential match?
Most matches were discussed in the first thread. Just asking:)

Just a thought, would ICE become involved if the boy were adopted out from another country and brought to the US?

This is definitely one idea I've entertained. I wonder if he was adopted from a place that has lower costs, shorter waits, and less-stringent screenings (i.e. some parts of Russia, in example) and was adopted/brought here for illicit purposes, not for someone to love and raise a child. I hope not, but it has happened before.

This is definitely one idea I've entertained. I wonder if he was adopted from a place that has lower costs, shorter waits, and less-stringent screenings (i.e. some parts of Russia, in example) and was adopted/brought here for illicit purposes, not for someone to love and raise a child. I hope not, but it has happened before.

That was my thought, as well. Wasn't there a woman who adopted a young boy from Russia and then just abandoned him?

When one is conducting an investigation, whether it be professionals or amateurs...
It is very important to focus on substantiated facts.

You had some very good points in here. I just wanted to follow up with the fact that we do not know for sure that the boy was the one manipulating the camera and, in fact, could have been manipulating it at the instructions of an adult in the room/online or an adult in the room could have manipulated the camera themselves (even if there were not any "above" shots).

I also wanted to state that, despite anyone's feelings or impressions, LE has not come out and said this boy is a perpetrator nor that he is wanted for any crime. In fact, they have stated they believe him to be in danger and in need of help.

Just wanted to reorient a little on what we actually know.

Is your potential match Joseph Lee Johnson? He has both ears pierced.....

That was my thought, as well. Wasn't there a woman who adopted a young boy from Russia and then just abandoned him?

There was a case like that but, if I'm thinking of the same case you are, it was different in that the adoptive mother had good intentions but became overwhelmed by the depth of the boy's special needs and, lacking appropriate resources, cracked and made an improper decision. It was a failure of the system but nothing having to do with CP.

Anyhow, there IS evidence of children being adopted solely for nefarious purposes. Someone posted this article upstream (apologies that I've forgotten who the original poster was, but many thanks to you!): http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/LegalCenter/story?id=1364110#.T-nH53gqND0

You had some very good points in here. I just wanted to follow up with the fact that we do not know for sure that the boy was the one manipulating the camera and, in fact, could have been manipulating it at the instructions of an adult in the room/online or an adult in the room could have manipulated the camera themselves (even if there were not any "above" shots).

I also wanted to state that, despite anyone's feelings or impressions, LE has not come out and said this boy is a perpetrator nor that he is wanted for any crime. In fact, they have stated they believe him to be in danger and in need of help.

Just wanted to reorient a little on what we actually know.

Is your potential match Joseph Lee Johnson? He has both ears pierced.....

You're right, I agree, we don't know that he is manipulating the camera. It just looks exactly as though he is, lol.

And no, my potential match is not a missing child.
It is someone I found using info gleaned from the imageshack pics and extensive google searches, lol.

When I say extensive I mean obsessive.

Incredibly, extensive and obsessive google searches, lol.

I have now spent so much time looking at those pictures, and info and pictures of the kid I found, that they have become one in my mind , and I feel as though I know him (them).

I haven't yet been able to find something that says "Yes this means it MUST be him!" or "Yes this means it absolutely can't be him". I really wish I could find one or the other so I could move on to someone else.

Well what I really wish is that they would say they have found him already. :(

WOW. I really hope you've come across something viable and that this boy can be found! Thanks for all your hard work. :) I share in your frustration about this case. It's all over the place, a lot of it seems surreal, and I wish we could get definitive word....but I know we never will.

No we don't know anything for sure really.

I haven't seen anyone say "I watched the video and at one point someone calls him by name".

Also, even *if* that occurred all it would mean is that someone else is in the house or even the room at some point. Not necessarily aware of or involved in what is going on.

Unless someone says "I watched the video myself and there is an adult in the room speaking while it is happening" ... it is all just speculation.

Sorry if someone has addressed this as I am a couple of pages behind the rest of you right now but even LE stated there WAS an adult involved.

The thing that bothers me about this case & I know I may get some slack for this-but I am thinking about TD's family & other minors names being thrown out there- when people posting it may be him/them in the images-I would freak if my son's name was brought up in connection to such a horrible thing & if it turns out not be him/they.they will forever be connected to this horrible thing esp if they google his/their names-all this sick stuff is going to come up.
I do have a different opinion about the images than most people here.I really think ICE is after something more than just the boy's name!
I hope I did not offended anyone-you all are doing a great job!!!

ETA-I do not think its TD BTW!

I had suggested Joseph Johnson way back on page 2 of the first thread..
I hope you are on to something also sueth.
It's hard to do a search where you can't discuss what you are searching. :(
Sounds like you are 100% vested in your search.. Keep us somewhat posted..

Sorry if someone has addressed this as I am a couple of pages behind the rest of you right now but even LE stated there WAS an adult involved.

Cool. Grab me a link and copy/paste the direct quote with the name of the LE official who said it.

Ok I posted a picture of the kid I think is a potential match and it was deleted.

Since others have posted pics of missing kids, I'm assuming it was deleted in error?

If it makes a difference, the kid is actually 18 now and no longer a minor.

The pic has no personally identifying details. I will even blur the logo on his hat.

Should I go ahead and post it again so people can weigh in on if they think it looks like him at all?

With regards to the camera... I have a separate webcam at work so that I can conference with others. Built in the software is the option of facetracking, where the camera will in fact find my face and follow me if I move.. It can also track more than one person at a time... So you dont necessarily have to have a camera on a laptop, nor does it have to remain stationary in order for it to "move" around the room for more than a stationary shot. And no one needs to operate it.

With that said.. I still would like if we (as the authorities are doing), treat this boy, this child as a victim himself until LE says otherwise. Some of the tones regarding him remind me of when Shawn Hornbeck was found and how people actually doubted the fact that he was victimized and not there voluntarily because he wasn't running away, etc.. When in fact, his psyche was torn down and poisoned and it was because he had been so abused that he was afraid to leave.

The thing that bothers me about this case & I know I may get some slack for this-but I am thinking about TD's family & other minors names being thrown out there- when people posting it may be him/them in the images-I would freak if my son's name was brought up in connection to such a horrible thing & if it turns out not be him/they.they will forever be connected to this horrible thing esp if they google his/their names-all this sick stuff is going to come up.
I do have a different opinion about the images than most people here.I really think ICE is after something more than just the boy's name!
I hope I did not offended anyone-you all are doing a great job!!!

ETA-I do not think its TD BTW!

What's also odd is that I surfed around TD's families' fb pages last night and not one of them had a picture or post about him. Assuming I was looking at the right people, of course.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Ok I posted a picture of the kid I think is a potential match and it was deleted.

Since others have posted pics of missing kids, I'm assuming it was deleted in error?

If it makes a difference, the kid is actually 18 now and no longer a minor.

The pic has no personally identifying details. I will even blur the logo on his hat.

Should I go ahead and post it again so people can weigh in on if they think it looks like him at all?

Sleuth,

I'm asking so I'll let you know when I hear back from admin.

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member