Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very interesting to me that some of the analysis I was reading about this case earlier today--not here on WS--has just gone poof.

Off sites that have much more relaxed rules than WS.

Hmmm.

Everything was pulled for cleanup and then the thread was merged with this one. WS has stricter rules because WS is devoted to protecting victims and innocents. That seems reasonable to me.

At what age can a juvenile be charged as an adult in Wisconsin, in a case such as this?

It depends on the circumstances but for homicide, but in Wisconsin they can be certified as an adult as young as 10, per the National Juvenile Defender Center:

“If a youth is 10 years of age or older and alleged to have committed certain categories of homicide. Stat. § 938.183(1)(am)(2020).”

Everything was pulled for cleanup and then the thread was merged with this one. WS has stricter rules because WS is devoted to protecting victims and innocents. That seems reasonable to me.

Respectfully, I think you may have overlooked the point I was trying to make, or else I just wasn't clear. Doesn't matter. In any case:

I wasn't complaining about WS. My point was that other sites that have far more lenient rules than WS have scrubbed information that I was reading just a few hours earlier.

So if that information had to be scrubbed from those websites, it must be really bad, or something that LE thinks might jeopardize their case against the perpetrator should it be widely disseminated.

It depends on the circumstances but for homicide, but in Wisconsin they can be certified as an adult as young as 10, per the National Juvenile Defender Center:

“If a youth is 10 years of age or older and alleged to have committed certain categories of homicide. Stat. § 938.183(1)(am)(2020).”
Yes that's correct, Wisconsin's juvenile justice code (statute 938) apples to age 10+. Here's the link to the full code should anyone care to peruse it: Wisconsin Legislature: Chapter 938

Yes that's correct, Wisconsin's juvenile justice code (statute 938) apples to age 10+. Here's the link to the full code should anyone care to peruse it: Wisconsin Legislature: Chapter 938

I am not a heartless person, but I believe that anyone old enough to, and mentally capable of differentiating between right and wrong, that commits such a heinous act as this murder, and other crimes that I fully expect will be charged once the autopsy results are in, should be punished to the fullest extent possible. JMO

Last edited:
I am not a heartless person, but I believe that anyone old enough to, and mentally capable of differentiating between right and wrong, that commits such a heinous act as this murder, and other crimes that I fully expect will be charged once the autopsy results are in, should be punished to the fullest extent possible. JMO
48 Hours recently had the Erick Smith case. At the age of 13 he brutally murdered a 4 year old neighborhood boy, and ultimately served 27 years in prison before being released not long ago.

I'd be fine with something like that here if he's around the same age.

They will have to eventually release the juvenile’s name. The community either already know who did it, or will very soon and when it’s out there’s no way back.

I think it would be best to just release his name so other juvenile’s names stop being thrown into this terrible tragedy.

Different states have different laws for how juvenile offenders in homicides are handled, but the recent case of Grace Ross in Indiana (6 year old assaulted and murdered, left in the woods by a 14 year old neighbor) may give some indication of how things will go. IN - Grace Ross, 6, found dead; Boy, 14, taken into custody, New Carlisle, 12 Mar 2021

In that case, prosecutors were allowed to release certain things, like cause of death of the victim and how the suspect was established (his mother has suspicions and brought him to police, where he confessed) but they did not officially release the offender's name until a lengthy process decided that he would be tried as an adult. However, each state and each case is different.

The fact that a search warrant was executed at the aunt's home and that boxes of evidence were removed need not necessarily mean that any part of the murder took place there. Instead, there may be evidence of past criminal activities or if the offender returned there after the murder with, say, clothes with biological evidence on them, or tried to clean up or hide a murder weapon there in the home, that would need to be removed by LE for processing too.

I suspect the video footage from one of the neighbors very close to the trail entrance at the end of N. Grove Street is where they saw the suspect.

So very horribly sad for the families. The only decent thing is that her killer was found quickly.

I am trying to tread lightly here, and not get in trouble. I keep seeing "the block where Lily Peters' aunt's house is..." Has it been confirmed on MSM that the house where the warrant was served, and evidence was removed

This is a snippet from the Fox News report I posted earlier..

“Liliana "Lily" Peters, 10, was reported missing by her father around 9 p.m. Sunday after she failed to return from her aunt’s house on North Grove Street, according to Kelm. Police served a search warrant at 422 North Grove Street on Tuesday, the chief said. Public records indicate the address has been linked to her relatives.”

Lily Peters update: Chippewa Falls police announce arrest of juvenile suspect

At what age can a juvenile be charged as an adult in Wisconsin, in a case such as this?

Juveniles here in Wisconsin can be charged as an adult at 15 or older. However, depending on the crime, circumstances, and whether they can pass a competency exam, subjects 10-years-old and over can be sent to adult court.

• Under Chap. 938, numerous offenses are subject to original adult court supervision. Some of the types of crimes this includes are:
    • Juveniles who are at least 10 years old who have allegedly attempted or committed first or second degree murder or reckless homicide.

• Juveniles who have allegedly committed assault or battery while incarcerated in a juvenile correctional facility or residential center.

• Juveniles who have previously been adjudged delinquent.”
Wisconsin Laws and Policies for Juvenile Offenders Charged As Adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads