Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No inside information. It's very recent. I can answer simple questions about the area.

Must feel like a gut punch :(. I have a trail about 500 yards away and I would be in absolute shock if this happened near me :(.

I doubt she chose to take the route through the woods at 9pm. Even if it was easier/faster/more interesting/the route she usually took during the daytime, I imagine a solo 10 year old wanting to ride where there might have been street lights and more activity. Moo

I doubt she chose to take the route through the woods at 9pm. Even if it was easier/faster/more interesting/the route she usually took during the daytime, I imagine a solo 10 year old wanting to ride where there might have been street lights and more activity. Moo

Well, that's what time she was reported missing. She may have left at 7 or 7:30 and family looked for her before calling the police.

Do we know what time Lily left her Aunt's house?

The Chief was specifically asked that during the last update, and said that he won't answer that right now, nor discuss a timeline. bc it's an active investigation

It is more of a path, yes. I don't know if it's designated or anything.
Welcome to WS !
You mentioned up thread that you were able to see them searching last night. Do you know about how late they searched?

just following now
RIP dear Lily

Are there any upcoming events?
Yes, if you look up Leinie’s Lodge events on Facebook, there's plenty. I drove past yesterday at 7 pm and I don't remember seeing anyone outside (it was cold), but I didn't look at the parking lot so there could have been people inside. I also drove past the path but I was mostly on autopilot at the time.

If she was taking the normal route home, wouldn't she have been found a lot sooner? Possibly her body was dumped there after people had already searched the area?

This story reminds me a lot of Jessica Ridgeway - the completely horrible timing of a bad bad person looking for a child right then in a very short distance from her house.

Part of me wonders if perhaps this was someone known to her, someone who knew she was going to be at that house and was waiting for her to leave. Otherwise, the complete randomness of it is hard for me to grasp or fathom.

RIP sweet girl! So unfair these things happen. Hope the person is caught VERY soon.
Definitely a possibility, imo. Her bike was found the night before, she was found in the morning. IMHO I think maybe lured into the woods..
Yes, if you look up Leinie’s Lodge events on Facebook, there's plenty. I drove past yesterday at 7 pm and I don't remember seeing anyone outside (it was cold), but I didn't look at the parking lot so there could have been people inside. I also drove past the path but I was mostly on autopilot at the time.
Thank you. I'm so sorry this happened at all, let alone nearby...I would be really upset. ((((Hugs)))

First of all, thanks for joining our community here at WS! As others have mentioned, your input as a local resident is especially valuable.

Second, I was wondering how secluded the wooded area adjacent to the walking trail is. Are there lots of trees/low-lying brush that could conceal a body (or, as gruesome as it is, conceal someone murdering someone else)?

Welcome to WS !
You mentioned up thread that you were able to see them searching last night. Do you know about how late they searched?
It was around one AM. They were parked on the path on the side that is closer to the aunt’s house. The brewery is on the other side.
This morning at 7 there was a police car with some people on this side of the creek. I heard about her at around 12pm and the people were gone but the police vehicle stayed until about 6 pm. I assume they were looking all night.
My thoughts and prayers are with Lily’s parents, family, friends and the community. It is a horrendous tragedy that Lily never made it home safe from the short distance from her Aunt’s house. Lily must have encountered her killer within minutes of leaving her Aunt. Hopefully someone locally saw an individual or a vehicle in the area at that time or there is a camera footage which will provide law enforcement with the tip they need.

I’m wondering if it was a regular routine for Lily to visit her Aunt’s house on a Sunday at that time or on other days and her killer had seen her in the neighbourhood before on her own. It may be that the perp is local and knew Lily’s routine, knew she would be travelling home alone on her bike and they had planned to harm her in advance when they had the opportunity to do so.

Or it is possible that Lily was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the perp just saw a young girl out on her own and decided to attack her. According to city-data.com There are 82 registered sex offenders in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin and The ratio of all residents to sex offenders in Chippewa Falls is 171 to 1.

Registered sex offenders in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

Does anyone know if there have there been attacks or murders of young girls and teenagers in the past in the area? Have any young girls and teenagers gone missing locally in the past or in recent years?

I'm glad she was found rather quickly and hope there is evidence to find who ever did this

I think the statement at the presser that they knew it was homicide right away because of a stabbing/shooting/strangulation with something other than hands. idk if you could say that about a head injury because she could have fallen.
It sounds like a blitz attack.
Is it confirmed she left her Aunts at 7:30? It wasn't even dark then, was it? Would people still be riding and walking the path then?

Definitely a possibility, imo. Her bike was found the night before, she was found in the morning. IMHO I think maybe lured into the woods..

Thank you. I'm so sorry this happened at all, let alone nearby...I would be really upset. ((((Hugs)))

It's really crazy. I drive past her house almost every day. I've probably seenc
Does anyone know if there have there been attacks or murders of young girls and teenagers in the past in the area? Have any young girls and teenagers gone missing locally in the past or in recent years?

Murder and child snatching are basically unheard of around here. Plenty of creeps and other nonsense though. Our neighborhood is a bit dingy but the city overall is quite safe.

I find it interesting that the press conference included telling parents not to let children walk. I certainly understand it and think it’s important, but we don’t seem to hear warnings like that usually. Makes me think they have some suspicions of who it could be or a danger that is lurking. After looking at the other map posted (thank you) I looked at Google Earth. Right down the street from dad’s house is there County jail. Can’t help but wonder if someone was released that they are concerned about. Here is a map I put together showing where the jail is…orange is jail, blue is dad’s area, pink is aunt’s area, yellow is woods where she was found. (I’m referring to earlier press conference. Didn’t realize one is on now so not sure what was said.) View attachment 341283

I’ve never appreciated the minimizing that LE does in these situations. Maybe they’re trying a different approach? Blunt honesty. We don’t know what’s happening quite yet, so yes there’s a threat. Act accordingly.

Okay so I just thought of something guys. You know how we are trying to make sense as to why she'd be taking that trail route home instead of going the shorter way? What if she wasn't going that trail route at all but the bike and her body was left here to make it look that way? Also it would make sense as to why LE would have missed seeing her or the bike last night.

You just hit a nerve for everyone who has agonized over the Lyric & Elizabeth case. :( The subject of much debate. Were the bikes staged on the trail?

You just hit a nerve for everyone who has agonized over the Lyric & Elizabeth case. :( The subject of much debate. Were the bikes staged on the trail?
Anything is possible at this point

I wonder if there was any damage to her bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members