Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know at what time her bike was found? She was reported missing at 9:00 PM. Was her bike found at 4:00 AM? Was her body found around 11:00 AM the following day?

Per this article @otto her body was found about 9 AM Monday. Killing of Chippewa Falls girl rocks small Wisconsin town

It goes on to say….
Community grapples with shocking killing
The killing left waves of shock and disbelief in Chippewa Falls as the small community grapples with the unthinkable.

"Heartbroken, devastated," said local pastor Michael Houle. "We all are. A life has been stolen and that is devastating to any of us."

Pastor Houle of Valley Vineyard Church gave people a place to grieve Monday night. The vigil was closed to cameras but Houle said people inside were finding comfort in community.

"I hope people understand when they see this from other places what a kind community this is," he said. "This is so far outside our box, that’s why we don’t know what to do with it."

@chippewaffles is it dark in that trail, like heavily condensed with trees? I’m curious to hear the timeline if/when they release it. Sunset tonight in WI (I’m also in WI) was after 8pm. So did this happen in daylight?

Lily Peters, Missing Wis. Girl, Found Dead; Police Investigating As Homicide – WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Ten-year-old Iliana Peters, who went by Lily, was found dead by police at about 9:15 a.m. Monday in a wooded area near the Leinenkugel Brewery in Chippewa Falls, which is 90 miles east of the Twin Cities.

She was last seen by family members at her aunt’s house on the 400 block of North Grove Street. She was supposed to be heading to her home on the 50 block of East Birch Street. Police, the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office’s K9 unit and a drone pilot all assisted in searching the area Sunday night and Monday morning to find her. Officers say evidence at the scene indicated it was a murder.

10P-Pkg-WI-Girl-Killed_WCCO1BDF_1.jpg

(credit: CBS)

Neighbors say the path through the woods where she was found is used all the time by kids on bikes and people exercising or taking a walk. Before the tragic discovery, police had only located her bicycle near the walking trail.

Tours

OK, so the brewery is not what I think of when I think of a brewery. This is a huge facility so I would assume it would employ quite a few people? @chippewaffles can you shine some light on whether patrons can drink at this brewery? It seems there is another location that has an outside patio? MOO IMO

Yes, there are two locations. The brewery parking lot basically leads into the path. That building is solely for brewing beer but they do guided tours and stuff too. There is a walking bridge that goes across the creek from the brewery to the lodge. (As well as a normal vehicle bridge) The lodge is the bar/gift shop/outdoor patio area where they have food trucks and events and stuff. On Google maps the lodge is called Leinie’s Lodge and the brewery is called Jakob Leinenkugel’s Brewing Company. Interestingly enough, I don’t know anyone that has worked in the brewery but I do know some that worked in the lodge. The family is pretty known around here in general though.

Yes, there are two locations. The brewery parking lot basically leads into the path. That building is solely for brewing beer but they do guided tours and stuff too. There is a walking bridge that goes across the creek from the brewery to the lodge. (As well as a normal vehicle bridge) The lodge is the bar/gift shop/outdoor patio area where they have food trucks and events and stuff. On Google maps the lodge is called Leinie’s Lodge and the brewery is called Jakob Leinenkugel’s Brewing Company. Interestingly enough, I don’t know anyone that has worked in the brewery but I do know some that worked in the lodge. The family is pretty known around here in general though.
Ty so much for clarification, I’m praying for your community and for the family.

@chippewaffles is it dark in that trail, like heavily condensed with trees? I’m curious to hear the timeline if/when they release it. Sunset tonight in WI (I’m also in WI) was after 8pm. So did this happen in daylight?

The trees there are currently bare, so no, it is not dark during the day time. One side of the path goes down to the creek and is fairly open. The other side is a hill with somewhat condensed trees in that small area but it’s an open fairground area at the top of the hill. During the summer it’s more concealed from all the foliage but not enough to completely block the view.

Police give update after Lily Peters’ body found in Wisconsin woods - live

Local parent remembers Lily as ‘always happy'
A father whose children knew Lily Peters says she frequently played with other kids near the trail where her body was found.

“I see her and her cousins all the time, either biking, rollerblading on a hoverboard, going up and down the street,” Jeremy Machnik told WCCO. “They sled in the back hill of our yard, and she’s always happy, always happy, even if it’s 15 degrees and snowing out.”

I think the statement at the presser that they knew it was homicide right away because of a stabbing/shooting/strangulation with something other than hands. idk if you could say that about a head injury because she could have fallen.
It sounds like a blitz attack.
Is it confirmed she left her Aunts at 7:30? It wasn't even dark then, was it? Would people still be riding and walking the path then?

OT…Just have to say hello to u Jashrema, always glad to see u posting on one of these threads. Still think about beautiful Sierah, especially while riding my bike.

At what time did she go to her aunt's house, and did she ride the trail? Someone might have seen her go there. Was she there all afternoon, or did she cycle there in the late afternoon? Was this a routine - did she visit most Sunday afternoons?

Sunset around 8 PM, dusk for another 20 minutes. My impression is that it was early evening. Was she at her aunt's house at 6 PM - so we don't know what time she left between 6 PM and 9 PM?

Sunset around 8 PM, dusk for another 20 minutes. My impression is that it was early evening. Was she at her aunt's house at 6 PM - so we don't know what time she left between 6 PM and 9 PM?

I don’t know about the timeline. The report said the father called at nine. You’re right about sunset/dusk. Started getting dark at 8 and completely dark by 9. The trip itself would only take 5-10 minutes on a bike.

I don’t know about the timeline. The report said the father called at nine. You’re right about sunset/dusk. Started getting dark at 8 and completely dark by 9. The trip itself would only take 5-10 minutes on a bike.

The trail looks like a short ride on safer streets than taking the direct route home from her aunt's home, especially around 7 PM. I read something about 6 PM earlier in this discussion, I assumed that she was at her aunt's house until that time - not sure. The fact that her father called police at 9 PM suggests to me that he was sitting there worried for a while and decided that if she wasn't home by 9 PM he was phoning police.

upload_2022-4-25_22-19-35.png

It's an interesting question whether the bike was parked or tossed. Mentioned upthread is the Evansdale cousins, whose bikes were parked and the bodies were 20 miles away (found months later). I'm guessing that her bike was tossed, but if it was found quickly, perhaps it was parked.

Lured or grabbed? Did someone stop her on the trail to talk with her, or was she knocked off her bike? Does knowing the answer help us understand who did it?

Maybe the person who did this parked his car near the trail.

The trail looks like a short ride on safer streets than taking the direct route home from her aunt's home, especially around 7 PM. I read something about 6 PM earlier in this discussion, I assumed that she was at her aunt's house until that time - not sure. The fact that her father called police at 9 PM suggests to me that he was sitting there worried for a while and decided that if she wasn't home by 9 PM he was phoning police.

View attachment 341322

It's an interesting question whether the bike was parked or tossed. Mentioned upthread is the Evansdale cousins, whose bikes were parked and the bodies were 20 miles away (found months later). I'm guessing that her bike was tossed, but if it was found quickly, perhaps it was parked.
There’s a creek that runs by the trail? Close proximity to a cemetery. Any creepy significance to the date?

ETA:quoted material

There’s a creek that runs by the trail? Close proximity to a cemetery. Any creepy significance to the date?

Not aware of date pattern, but Jessica Ridgeway is mentioned upthread, and this could be similar. It was a 17 year old first-timer who had tried in the past with older victims and failed, so one morning he decided to drive the bus route and grab the first girl he saw. Younger victims are easier.

Lily was abducted sometime before 9:15 PM, when her father reported the 10 year old cyclist missing. I doubt she was more than 2-3 hours overdue when reported missing. The family probably searched first.

Maybe the suspect parked at the cemetery. Seems logical to murder closer to the car.

upload_2022-4-25_22-57-58.png

It's absolutely shocking. I'm in disbelief.

It's slightly wooded on one side but very open on the other (she could basically see her parents house from it). There's a nice walking bridge at the end and a popular public park right there. It feels safer to me than the other way and I would have preferred it as a kid too. Her school is also up the hill from that trail beyond the slightly wooded area. The trail is also very small (like 2-3 blocks). It would only take like a minute to get through at speed on a bike.
Just wondering if the weather was nasty down there Sunday? It was really windy & the cold front came in. When I went to the grocery store I wore a heavy coat. It made me think she might of taken the shortest route home. I went to the store & the temp was 54 but felt lots colder from the high winds.

Just wondering if the weather was nasty down there Sunday? It was really windy & the cold front came in. When I went to the grocery store I wore a heavy coat. It made me think she might of taken the shortest route home. I went to the store & the temp was 54 but felt lots colder from the high winds.

It was cold (for me) Sunday but I don’t remember it being windy. There was a light drizzle at 7pm. It was warm Saturday so Sunday felt cold by comparison but the weather wasn’t bad or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone