WI - Jacob Wetterling posters/video in home of deceased Vernon Seitz, also child *advertiser censored*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"
The Milwaukee Police Department is dismissing reports of a possible U.S. child killer, whose home contained a poster of missing Victoria boy Michael Dunahee.
“We have no information to substantiate any allegation that the deceased [suspect] was involved in any missing children cases or homicides of children,” police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said in a statement released Wednesday morning.'
http://www.timescolonist.com/news/story.html?id=1151495

"
Meanwhile, Victoria police are still examining the news reports.
Insp. Clark Russell, head of investigative services, said members of the department would be interested in talking to their Milwaukee counterparts.
“By all means, we would send guys back to Milwaukee, whatever it takes to follow up on it if there’s something there. But we have yet to receive any official notice from the Americans.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the search warrant doesn't say what they found, does it? I think it states what they're supposed to be looking for?? I don't think they found blood or other fluids; they were just looking for it.

Yes, I think you are right, but OMG - did you read the inventory of the things they actually did find at his home and work?? Kind of hard to believe he had a passing fancy for young boy torture *advertiser censored*...I mean, I'm very interested in true crime, but I don't stash videos of people being killed and tortured in my home...they found a bone, severa types of hair, several drawings and paintings of boys being tortured in sexual ways, child sized shoes and missing posters, maps circled with names of missing,several VHStapes...and I don't know what to think of the "device": flesh colored candle with catheter taped to side and brown matter on it??? Ugh! Sorry if I grossed anyone out...

Yes, I think you are right, but OMG - did you read the inventory of the things they actually did find at his home and work?? Kind of hard to believe he had a passing fancy for young boy torture *advertiser censored*...I mean, I'm very interested in true crime, but I don't stash videos of people being killed and tortured in my home...they found a bone, severa types of hair, several drawings and paintings of boys being tortured in sexual ways, child sized shoes and missing posters, maps circled with names of missing,several VHStapes...and I don't know what to think of the "device": flesh colored candle with catheter taped to side and brown matter on it??? Ugh! Sorry if I grossed anyone out...

I didn't! Where did you see this list? I can only find the search warrant list.

I would think "brown matter" would be tested for bodily fluids...

It is hard to still frame it, pause/play/pause/play. I did catch were it said shoe (singular not shoes) it looks like it says 1 shoe yet possibly someone altered the 1 to read 2 in pen.
One item seems to say "tennis shoe ?__ size 10 (asics)
It seems that Seitz was an artist and did his artwork himself. There is a huge number of drawings and paintings on canvas found of nude boys.

All these findings are very disturbing, with such a hoard of child *advertiser censored* in so many types (drawings, videos, pictures) not to mention the maps, news clippings of missing children.. He seemed obsessed especially with Wetterling..

It's one of 2 things.

A. He took part in murdering and sexually torturing young boys
B. He wanted people to think he did.

Now i can't think of a reason for why in the world he would want people to think that, aside from being a mentally ill individual who did not want to leave this earth unforgotten. The normal human would strive to achieve rememberence for good reasons, helping others, making positive change. It's obvious Seitz was deeply disturbed.

If his confession to his therapist that he killed a boy in Racine when he was abducted; well i was wondering if the boy he killed, if he was not from Racine, Wi, and maybe from another part of the state, or even another state altogether then it may make it hard to find an article. If the boy was a truant or ranaway then it might not necessarily have been reported.

I'm more inclined to think Seitz's stories of killing people may be his "fudging" (term someone used on here) of other events in which Seitz himself killed the boys..

I agree with Meow except to say I do not think he wanted anyone to think he was a murdering pedophile. Per his shrink, he NEVER mentioned Jacob Wetterling by name to her; although he was very open with almost everyone about his interest in missing children, specifically Jacob.
With regard to the Dr. F- by her own admission, he is drawing/sketching naked young boys being tortured and broached the subject of "acting on on that impulse" if you believe her quote. If she approved of that from a clinical perspective, what qualifiers did she employ to see if he was being truthful?
From where I sit, to someone with his illness, it looks like approval or condoning.

I find this notable because he witheld his name from her. That implies his consciousness of guilt, in the face of his other confessions, of which there were many, apparently unprovable. Was this guy of failing health, and failing arousal, therefor the confession and subsequent request for the LE meeting a way to viagrize? ( I apologize and do not mean to be graphic, I am speaking physiologically).

Per the neighbor, this guy was planning a move, and my guess is that is why the new cement and dirt piles, he removed what was there before confessing. Friends and family have said they do not believe he was a "bad guy" so one can assume he is not sitting around amongst his *advertiser censored* cache daily and was not expecting to die with it laying all around. Fancel used the word "interrogated" with regard to MPD.. why? Didnt he just call in a wellness check on his friend?

Ok, from the Inventory report I was able to glean an image or 2:

WTH is a flesh colored candle with catheter??

And

There were 2 books on canabalism, not one, as I posted earlier.

And

Letters re Jacob Wetterling

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm sure that video has nothing to do with Wetterlings disappearance. :waitasec:

As for jackhammering the concrete that's the only way to do it. No archaeological dig stuff it takes way too long.

It seems like LE doesn't want to go to the trouble of fully investigating this. :mad:

At this point how can LE say that this guy had nothing to do with missing children? Seems like they know about as much as we do right now. I wonder how far they dug below the concrete? Maybe they should dig up the whole yard and then do some more digging. Sounds like the guy really had a thing for the Wetterling boy. Went to his house twice before he disappeared and has all of those pictures of him plus drawing pictures of him. That doesn't sound good to me. They should take his house apart and check every inch of it.

I wonder when it was that he said he murdered two little boys in the 50's? Who did he tell that to? Did LE follow up on that or was it reported to them?

Something was haywire with this guy and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he hasn't kidnapped and murdered before. Sounds like they don't want to go to the bother to really check this guy out. I hope that little boys mother is giving LE wholly hell.

I agree with Meow except to say I do not think he wanted anyone to think he was a murdering pedophile. Per his shrink, he NEVER mentioned Jacob Wetterling by name to her; although he was very open with almost everyone about his interest in missing children, specifically Jacob.
With regard to the Dr. F- by her own admission, he is drawing/sketching naked young boys being tortured and broached the subject of "acting on on that impulse" if you believe her quote. If she approved of that from a clinical perspective, what qualifiers did she employ to see if he was being truthful?
From where I sit, to someone with his illness, it looks like approval or condoning.

I find this notable because he witheld his name from her. That implies his consciousness of guilt, in the face of his other confessions, of which there were many, apparently unprovable. Was this guy of failing health, and failing arousal, therefor the confession and subsequent request for the LE meeting a way to viagrize? ( I apologize and do not mean to be graphic, I am speaking physiologically).

Per the neighbor, this guy was planning a move, and my guess is that is why the new cement and dirt piles, he removed what was there before confessing. Friends and family have said they do not believe he was a "bad guy" so one can assume he is not sitting around amongst his *advertiser censored* cache daily and was not expecting to die with it laying all around. Fancel used the word "interrogated" with regard to MPD.. why? Didnt he just call in a wellness check on his friend?

Ok, from the Inventory report I was able to glean an image or 2:

WTH is a flesh colored candle with catheter??

And

There were 2 books on canabalism, not one, as I posted earlier.

And

Letters re Jacob Wetterling

Any "normal" professional, educated therapist would say that drawing pictures of naked boys in various scenes of torture is not productive behavior, it's counterproductive and destructive. It encourages the obsession, which is unhealthy and eventually with the feeding of the obsession, incourages action. So i, too, have to question the therapist's take on the whole thing. Does the therapist have credentials? Where did she get her degree?

Also, Drivenon, i agree that since his health was failing, maybe he was getting his "rocks off" by telling someone else what he had done, since he was in no physical shape to go out and do something anymore. It is also surprising he never mentioned Wetterling to his therapist. Seitz seemed to think Jacob was dead, when even in 2004 the family and police were still searching for a possible alive Jacob.

Seitz was planning to move to his mother's home in Racine, and perhaps he moved things such as bodies or body part trophies to a storage locker or somewhere that would be hard to trace to him, pending his failing health and imminent death. Maybe he leased a storage locker with an alias some place for an extended amount of time (not sure how one goes about that; if they can pay a yearly fee) ensuring that it wouldn't be found until after his death. Also, is there any property in his family that he would have access to such as cabins, etc, that he could store something at that wouldn't be frequented?

Any good psychologist knows that obsessive behavior can lead to action. A good therapist would have told him to abstain from anything to do with his obsessions with young boys. Being that Seitz obsessed for decades, it would be very surprising if he didn't act out his obsessions.

"Sister-in-law Susan Seitz, though, said Vernon was abducted and abused as a boy and believes his interest in child abductions stemmed from this experience."Vernon went to [Jacob Wetterling's] parents and confided in them and told them 'Jake is in heaven,'" she said, adding that she doesn't know whether he really could have killed two children 50 years ago."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28536731/

Sometimes criminals or murderers will insert themselves into cases of which they are guilty; they "relive" the crime that way, and also can keep tabs of what is going on with the case.

It's entirely possible this freak was simply inserting himself into actual child abductions in a weird fantasy life. However, it's also entirely possible that he was responsible for these abductions/murders. IMO, LE has an obligation to fully investigate his possible involvement. Yes, he is dead. But there are so many families out there who are still so desparate for answers about their missing babies. If this was involved in any way, they need to determine that.

What a creepy guy and a creepy story!

Some things are really bothering me about all of this.

1) I think the Milwaukee PD are low key with this because they messed up by not ever interviewing him in the first place WHEN HE WAS ALIVE AND WANTED TO TALK TO THEM! Hello MPD wth!!!

2) I do believe he was sexually abused as a child. His obsessive behavior with naked boys, sexual devices etc says so.

3) I don't believe he was ever abducted (his parents never filed a police report!?) because it never happened? I have to wonder if he twisted this around and it was really him that abducted and molested a boy(s) from the zoo or other locale. Him that killed. I mean, if he was abducted and forced to shoot another boy, and saw a second boy murdered by these "abductors" - would they let HIM go? nuh uh. Nope. No reason to kill 2 boys and let the 3rd go free.

4) What is the deal with the Jacob W. video? WHAT kinda vid did he have of J before he went missing??? And the cops don't believe HE is involved with JW disappearance? omg

5) Was he ever married? kids? He loved children his sis-in-law says. Ummmm yeah I believe that :eek:

6) Cannibalism ? Eat Thy Neighbor ....the title of one of the books in his possession. Maybe the cops won't find any remains of little boys at Mr. S house because he ate them.

7) The candle thing is....is.........speechless here.

8) Dr. F. needs to be reprimanded at the very least. Encouraging him to draw naked boys (kiddie *advertiser censored*) so as not to act out his fantasies is akin to telling an alcoholic to buy liquor BUT NOT TO DRINK IT

Does anyone know where the sick P.O.S got the video of Jabob? Could he have stolen it from the Wetterling house, or could he have taken the video himself? I guess I am "obsessed" with missing kids also. Though, I only obsess about solving their cases, bringing the missing home, and helping with education so hopefully more and more abductions can be prevented and foiled.

Color me confused, but I see numerous posters stating that the inventory report hasn't been released. From what I can see, the MSN article link posted earlier on this thread covers BOTH the search warrant issued on 12/16, and pages are from the property inventory report from 12/18 (pages 5-19 of the PDF file at (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28529171/ in the "**WARNING: Contains graphic content** Click Here to read to read the search warrant**WARNING: Contains graphic content**" section).

The pages I see there match the video link some are viewing as the only published source of the inventory list. I'm still a novice at reading these documents, so please clarify if I am reading the released documents incorrectly.

I read the 12/16 search warrant and what appears to be the 12/18 full inventory report on the MSN link the day it was published. Be warned, it's a chilling, very graphic read. After reading it, it's almost inconceivable to me that the property they seized under the search warrant relates to the innocent obsession of a quirky man. It sounds far more sinister and trophy-like, though I pray that I am wrong.

I can only hope that the items with the "Y" in the DNA column will be compared against any DNA retained from missing children investigations in the area. Those items marked "Y" in the DNA column include the childrens shoes, rings and necklaces, the bone without marrow, the hair, and the flesh colored candle.

(all imo)

Color me confused, but I see numerous posters stating that the inventory report hasn't been released. From what I can see, the MSN article link posted earlier on this thread covers BOTH the search warrant issued on 12/16, and pages are from the property inventory report from 12/18 (pages 5-19 of the PDF file at (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28529171/ in the "**WARNING: Contains graphic content** Click Here to read to read the search warrant**WARNING: Contains graphic content**" section).

The pages I see there match the video link some are viewing as the only published source of the inventory list. I'm still a novice at reading these documents, so please clarify if I am reading the released documents incorrectly.

I read the 12/16 search warrant and what appears to be the 12/18 full inventory report on the MSN link the day it was published. Be warned, it's a chilling, very graphic read. After reading it, it's almost inconceivable to me that the property they seized under the search warrant relates to the innocent obsession of a quirky man. It sounds far more sinister and trophy-like, though I pray that I am wrong.

I can only hope that the items with the "Y" in the DNA column will be compared against any DNA retained from missing children investigations in the area. Those items marked "Y" in the DNA column include the childrens shoes, rings and necklaces, the bone without marrow, the hair, and the flesh colored candle.

(all imo)

Jax- I checked this a few times, it opens in QT on my laptop and it not a PDF file. Are you saying the Inventory PDF WAS on the site but is now gone?
Could it have been on another article?

How many videotapes were made of Jacob by people who did not know him? Then he becomes one of the lost and it is a coincidence? Can't they show this guys pic to Jacob's brother/friend and say, could this be him?

I have never forgotten Jacob either and I hope LE is just dotting their I's and crossing their T's on this one.

Sorry, Driveon, I checked it on another machine just a minute ago. Link is still valid, it's actually to a TIF file - which my main PC opened in Acrobat so I thought it was a PDF. I've opened it on this second machine in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and in Microsoft Office Document Imaging. The data is the same in any of the programs I've used to open/view the file and it is still on the MSN site at the links listed in my prior post (copied from others' posts).

That's ok, no problem, but I am still not seeing an inventory list or multiple pages. Am I looking at it incorrectly? If I am can you save it and 4share or docstop a link?

How many videotapes were made of Jacob by people who did not know him? Then he becomes one of the lost and it is a coincidence? Can't they show this guys pic to Jacob's brother/friend and say, could this be him?

I have never forgotten Jacob either and I hope LE is just dotting their I's and crossing their T's on this one.

This is almost a 20 year old crime and the perp had a mask on. I do agree it would be worth a try at a minimum. Here's the thing.. I have not seen picture one of this guy. No obituary, no memorial , nada.

I want to know what kind of vehicle he had, how he was able to travel on a barbers income and what his travel itinery has been for the last 20 years

The guy who likely kidnapped Jacob also kidnapped and sexually assaulted another boy nearby, not too long before Jacob went missing. That man let the boy go telling him to run into the woods and not look back. The sketches of Jacob's kidnapper come from the first boy's account as well as people who saw a man glaring into the video store where Jacob was before he was abducted. However, that man appeared to be in his fifties. Jacob was abducted in 89' so that man would be in his seventies by now. The guy in this case was 62, so it may not be the same person.
I hope LE does a thorough job investigating this freak but it is possible that he had horrific fantasies that he did not act out. Possible but perhaps not probable. From what I have studied about these types over the years, it is almost impossible for them to control their urges and this guy was one of the worst kinds of pedophiles - those into the sexual torture and murder of children.

Driveon, I did some digging around, and a multitude of Google searches indicate that QuickTime Photo Viewer may not support multi-page TIF files. Numerous goverment web sites offer workarounds or instructions on disabling QT as the default viewer for TIF files, and this one even offers test file formats to confirm users' viewers http://www.countyrecords.com/hftestimage.html.

Unfortunately most of the sites I found only address how to disable QT as a default TIF viewer and use one of several Microsoft viewers on WIndows systems. None suggested what multi-page TIF viewers a non-Windows user should use instead. :(

That's ok, no problem, but I am still not seeing an inventory list or multiple pages. Am I looking at it incorrectly? If I am can you save it and 4share or docstop a link?

One of the links that showed what they seized is in a video and you have to keep pausing the video to see what they listed when they show the papers up close in it. It's hard to see everything.

The link that says warning graphic that is the search warrant, i opened with Photoshop and enlarged it, and it seems to be a general list of what they would be looking for in the home. What they actually found is listed on the papers in the video in the other link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back