WI - Jason Pero, 14, shot & killed by police, Ashland County, 8 Nov 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, a local case here where a white teen was killed by a police officer (the officer was high on cocaine) was taken up by our Black Community. Not the White Community. You will be very surprised at how much the Black Communities have stepped up when it comes to unjustifiable shootings of White Men/Women. People don't even understand what BLM is about. It started with Trayvon Martin who was not even murdered by a cop and of course it has expanded to include the unjustifiable shootings of Black Men and Women. Black Lives Matter is not to say that all lives don't matter... they just want their lives to matter equally. I am a White Woman and I can say I 100% support their feelings because I see it every day.

While you have cops kill White Men and White Women all the time, I can point to thousands of cases where a White Man/Woman should have been shot and killed for their aggressive behavior towards Law Enforcement and they will be arrested without as much as a broken finger nail. Put a Black Man or Woman in that same scenario... They will not be given the same treatment. That is the problem.

I wish more White people would get involved when it came to unjustifiable shootings by officers, but if they won't then I know our Black communities will. Is it their job? No, but they do because they actually care.

Everything I need to know about BLM can be found in their leader Chanelle helms list of demands for white people.

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something is not right with this story. Jason was reported walking carrying a knife. Then why was he shot outside his home per the msm article just posted?
(quote)
An Ashland County sheriff’s deputy shot 14-year-old Jason Pero just before noon on Wednesday outside his home on the Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa reservation, a sprawling wooded area about 300 miles north of Madison. Investigators said deputies were responding to a call about a male subject walking down the street with a knife around 11:40 a.m.

Something is not right with this story. Jason was reported walking carrying a knife. Then why was he shot outside his home per the msm article just posted?
(quote)
An Ashland County sheriff’s deputy shot 14-year-old Jason Pero just before noon on Wednesday outside his home on the Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa reservation, a sprawling wooded area about 300 miles north of Madison. Investigators said deputies were responding to a call about a male subject walking down the street with a knife around 11:40 a.m.

The officer responded to a call about a man with a knife walking on street, it has been stated that JP made the call. JP described himself. He was asked/ordered to drop the knife, “a butcher knife”, he refused and lunged at the officer, twice.

Actually, a local case here where a white teen was killed by a police officer (the officer was high on cocaine) was taken up by our Black Community. Not the White Community. You will be very surprised at how much the Black Communities have stepped up when it comes to unjustifiable shootings of White Men/Women. People don't even understand what BLM is about. It started with Trayvon Martin who was not even murdered by a cop and of course it has expanded to include the unjustifiable shootings of Black Men and Women. Black Lives Matter is not to say that all lives don't matter... they just want their lives to matter equally. I am a White Woman and I can say I 100% support their feelings because I see it every day.

While you have cops kill White Men and White Women all the time, I can point to thousands of cases where a White Man/Woman should have been shot and killed for their aggressive behavior towards Law Enforcement and they will be arrested without as much as a broken finger nail. Put a Black Man or Woman in that same scenario... They will not be given the same treatment. That is the problem.

I wish more White people would get involved when it came to unjustifiable shootings by officers, but if they won't then I know our Black communities will. Is it their job? No, but they do because they actually care.

You make an important point, Lola. Well said!

The officer responded to a call about a man with a knife walking on street, it has been stated that JP made the call. JP described himself. He was asked/ordered to drop the knife, “a butcher knife”, he refused and lunged at the officer, twice.

Regardless of Jason making the call which we have yet to hear, he was at his home with the knife to be shot just outside his home.
(quote)
“He got murdered out in front of the house here,”
Pero said in a phone interview. “He’s a boy. There’s warning shots. There’s Tasers. There’s pepper spray. You don’t go right on a 14-year-old kid and go for the kill zone.”

“I’m really having a hard time keeping my anger in,” his wife added. “You don’t come up to a 14-year-old boy and pull a gun on him and just fire. … That’s baloney. We’re asking questions. We’re not getting answers.”
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_e5587702-d3c7-5fe4-84dd-9e28709eaa5d.html

Late to this thread - is this becoming another Michael Brown case?

MSM stating 14 years old, but I see from some rare pics (usually the headshot is cropped out) that that the kid is quite obese, maybe that played a role in the shooting. (meaning the policeman saw not a 14 kid but a big guy with a knife - depends on your agenda..)

Everything I need to know about BLM can be found in their leader Chanelle helms list of demands for white people.

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A. Chenelle Helm is not the leader of BLM. She's one of MANY organizers across the country.

B. For an explanation of the genesis of her Facebook post, read here: https://www.snopes.com/2017/08/24/did-blm-activist-demand-white-give-up-homes/

That leoweekly is propagating this disingenuous interpretation of her Facebook post is a perfect example of what counts as integrity for LE today. Hence, one of the reasons it's important that BLM exists in the first place.

Late to this thread - is this becoming another Michael Brown case?

MSM stating 14 years old, but I see from some rare pics (usually the headshot is cropped out) that that the kid is quite obese, maybe that played a role in the shooting. (meaning the policeman saw not a 14 kid but a big guy with a knife - depends on your agenda..)

I think that's pretty accurate. If this had been a white kid who had the frame of what we'd expect most 14 boys to have, there probably would have been a much different outcome. It's known that people tend to perceive black/brown children as being older than they actually are on sight.

A. Chenelle Helm is not the leader of BLM. She's one of MANY organizers across the country.

B. For an explanation of the genesis of her Facebook post, read here: https://www.snopes.com/2017/08/24/did-blm-activist-demand-white-give-up-homes/

That leoweekly is propagating this disingenuous interpretation of her Facebook post is a perfect example of what counts as integrity for LE today. Hence, one of the reasons it's important that BLM exists in the first place.

OT

Whether they're suggestions like Helms claims or demands as leoweekly states they're still her own nasty words.

If someone had called about the Las Vegas shooter having a lot of guns, ]no one would have done anything. Everything he was doing until the minute he opened fire was legal.

It does not matter whether the guns were legal or not.

What matters is that the hotel is private property. As such, the owner can make a private decision to evict him (or to allow him to remain). As thousands of spring breakers over the years can testify to: One does not need to be doing anything illegal to be "un-guested" and evicted from a hotel.

No search warrant needed?
Remember the hotel is private property. Owners can demand to inspect rooms for a huge variety of reasons- and evict anybody who refuses the inspection. This is probably more common during Spring Break parties at run down hotels and less common at high end resorts.

But... at the end of the day, the same legal concepts apply to both a 19 year old spring breaker and a 65 year old affluent real estate investor: both can be "un-guested" from a hotel easily. Neither have alot of "rights" on private property.

She gave LEO the go ahead to publish the article. It says "by Chanelle Helm" right on the article. Maybe my use of "demands" is exaggerated... she called them "suggestions". The list itself is cringey and makes BLM look bad. It's not a secret that racial tension in this country is a HUGE problem and something needs to be done about it. I don't have an answer as to what the solution is, but I really wish I did. Unfortunately, I don't think any of her suggestions would do anything to solve the social problems in this county.

Also, LEO Weekly stands for Louisville Eccentric Observer, not Law Enforcement.

I have a boy of that exact age that lives across the street from me. I don’t know his weight but he is a huge one.

There is no mistaking him for a man because he too has the baby face like Jason. And my neighbor boy is not good at walking with all of that weight. I am sure Jason walked the same way with his weight. It is kind of waddly.

There are excellent points brought up about Jason and crime as it is not illegal to carry a knife. If my neighbor who is a baby huey started lunging, the thing to do is get in the car because it is easy to see a child is having some kind of issue. Caling for back up. There is no way Jason would be mistaken for a man.

Natives eat the same junk that many Americans do. There are plenty of fat American kids. As a matter of fact, obesity is a huge problem.

We certainly see that sodas, fast food, cakes and other unhealthy foods are promoted in America

What happens if he stabs an innocent person while the officer is sitting in the car ?

I think that's pretty accurate. If this had been a white kid who had the frame of what we'd expect most 14 boys to have, there probably would have been a much different outcome. It's known that people tend to perceive black/brown children as being older than they actually are on sight.

Older and more dangerous than white children of the same age.

OT

Whether they're suggestions like Helms claims or demands as leoweekly states they're still her own nasty words.

Well, it's obvious you didn't read the linked article. As a white person, I'm having difficulty how anyone except for a certain type would interpret her words as "nasty". Defensiveness to her words speaks volumes. In other words, if her words don't apply to you personally, why ever would you take offense???Anyway, but for the community outreach and recognition BLM is achieving, we wouldn't even had heard much of anything about Jason Pero, but hopefully, times they are a'changin". Hopefully his murder will continue to provoke outrage and response. TBH, I'm not that hopeful. LE needs reform and as long as they resist it, it's not going to happen.

The photos of JP don’t look like he is 14, I wonder how long ago the photos were taken.

The photos of JP don’t look like he is 14, I wonder how long ago the photos were taken.

What does an 8th grade Native American boy look like? His nickname was "BabyJay", btw.

It's interesting to me that the same things are said about victims of police brutality and murder when they are young people of color.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back