Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so glad Jayme is alive. I can’t begin to imagine what she has gone through. I hope she will receive the support she needs now and going forward from counselling and her family.

Thank you to all of you who have been here everyday supporting Jayme and her family.

https://www.sheriffofdouglascountyw...PKM6pQ57hXdNe69Op9HsqxLBY3ciCgqgCNCGd5YcnKBRw
01/10/2019

Jayme Closs Located in Gordon
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office confirms that Barron County missing person JAYME CLOSS was located alive in the Town of Gordon in Douglas County at 4:43pm and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54pm, also in the Town of Gordon.

All further information on this case will come from the Barron County Sheriff's Office.

UPDATE: Jayme Closs located alive in Gordon, currently hospitalized

Douglas County, WI – The Barron County Sheriff’s Department says Jayme Closs has been located alive in Gordon, Wisconsin.

According Douglas County Sheriff, she was found at 4:43 p.m. Thursday and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54 p.m., also in the Town of Gordon.

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Department notified the Barron County Sheriff’s Department that a suspect was taken into custody in regards to this case.

WCCO-TV’s Mary McGuire spoke to Jayme’s aunt Sue on Thursday evening, who said her niece was currently in the hospital. Jayme will then be brought home to Barron to be reunited with her family.

Not only was Jayme incredibly brave to escape (per the news station) but imagine the woman who she ran up to! Walking her dog on a rural area —She didn’t know if this crazed guy who had killed Jaymes parents was out there after them...how
Absolutely terrifying and brave of BOTH of them!

I was thinking the same thing about the fear they both must have felt. I am assuming the woman had a weapon in her rural home, which might have helped some, once they made it back inside. What a stroke of luck for Jayme to run into a brave woman to help her finish her escape.

Douglas County, WI – The Barron County Sheriff’s Department says Jayme Closs has been located alive in Gordon, Wisconsin.

According Douglas County Sheriff, she was found at 4:43 p.m. Thursday and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54 p.m., also in the Town of Gordon.

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Department notified the Barron County Sheriff’s Department that a suspect was taken into custody in regards to this case.

WCCO-TV’s Mary McGuire spoke to Jayme’s aunt Sue on Thursday evening, who said her niece was currently in the hospital. Jayme will then be brought home to Barron to be reunited with her family.

Oh gosh bring her Molly!

Jayme Closs found alive: 'It's what we've prayed for'

"I mean I’m shocked," said Jayme's aunt, Kelly Engelhardt. "It's what we’ve prayed for every single day."

Closs, 13, has been missing since Monday, Oct. 15, 2018, when her parents were found murdered at their Barron, Wisconsin home.

When investigators entered the home off Highway 8 they found the bodies of James and Denise Closs, but there was no sign of their daughter.

Closs was found at Eau Claire Acres, a small development about six miles east of Gordon, Wisconsin on Highway Y, according to the Eau Claire Board chairman.

"I honestly had faith," Engelhardt said. "I figured if they hadn’t found her by now that the person that did this didn’t want her dead, so I had hope. Every day there was hope. We had too much love and support around us for us to give up."

Jayme Closs found alive: 'It's what we've prayed for'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member