Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayme you are braver than anyone could ever expect from a 13 year old. You are your own hero! Please don’t ever forget that. We can’t change what has happened but just know there’s is a whole lot of people pulling for you and who care!!!#jaymestrong!

I audibly gasped when I saw the headline on CNN. I’m overjoyed for the family.

The last three months must have been harrowing for Jayme and I don’t want to imagine what she’s been through. She still needs our good thoughts (and prayers, if you’re a praying type).

I’m also guessing thst quite a few jumbled details are going to pour out before the press conference tomorrow. People quite understandably want to know what happened. But I am mindful of the fact that this is still a tragedy for the Closs family (including Jayme herself) and that the family deserves both respect and privacy.

Jayme Closs Located in Gordon
01/10/2019

Jayme Closs Located in Gordon
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office confirms that Barron County missing person JAYME CLOSS was located alive in the Town of Gordon in Douglas County at 4:43pm and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54pm, also in the Town of Gordon.

All further information on this case will come from the Barron County Sheriff's Office.
He was taken into custody at 4:54 pm, so narrow the focus to male, Douglas County inmates booked after this time.

Jayme Closs found alive: 'It's what we've prayed for'

"I mean I’m shocked," said Jayme's aunt, Kelly Engelhardt. "It's what we’ve prayed for every single day."

Closs, 13, has been missing since Monday, Oct. 15, 2018, when her parents were found murdered at their Barron, Wisconsin home.

When investigators entered the home off Highway 8 they found the bodies of James and Denise Closs, but there was no sign of their daughter.

Closs was found at Eau Claire Acres, a small development about six miles east of Gordon, Wisconsin on Highway Y, according to the Eau Claire Board chairman.

"I honestly had faith," Engelhardt said. "I figured if they hadn’t found her by now that the person that did this didn’t want her dead, so I had hope. Every day there was hope. We had too much love and support around us for us to give up."

Rough map from Eau Claire Acres to Barron (addresses not exact): Google Maps

Not only was Jayme incredibly brave to escape (per the news station) but imagine the woman who she ran up to! Walking her dog on a rural area —She didn’t know if this crazed guy who had killed Jaymes parents was out there after them...how
Absolutely terrifying and brave of BOTH of them!

Absolutely. I told my daughter that if I was this woman, I would have been terrified and probably would have wanted to run away! I would want to help, but I’m not brave at all!

WOW!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!
I have a feeling some of you will be up all night. Me too. :)
I am driving to San Antonio tonight when my text messages blew up. Glad it was with good news this time.

Thanks to Liltexans and Dave for their quick work in getting the message out so quickly that JAYME IS ALIVE!!!!!!!
LOVIN' TONIGHT!!!!!!

"I mean I’m shocked," said Jayme's aunt, Kelly Engelhardt. "It's what we’ve prayed for every single day."

Closs, 13, has been missing since Monday, Oct. 15, 2018, when her parents were found murdered at their Barron, Wisconsin home.

When investigators entered the home off Highway 8 they found the bodies of James and Denise Closs, but there was no sign of their daughter.

Closs was found at Eau Claire Acres, a small development about six miles east of Gordon, Wisconsin on Highway Y, according to the Eau Claire Board chairman.

"I honestly had faith," Engelhardt said. "I figured if they hadn’t found her by now that the person that did this didn’t want her dead, so I had hope. Every day there was hope. We had too much love and support around us for us to give up."

Map of that location
Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads