Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"the 13-year-old girl missing since her parents were shot to death in their Barron, Wis., home three months ago, was found bedraggled and malnourished but alive Thursday after fleeing her captor"
Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs
Wow. That’s the best article I’ve read yet.

“Standing with her was a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes too big for her feet.

“This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!” the neighbor said to Kasinskas.

Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” Peter Kasinskas said.”

I honestly still think I’m dreaming right now. It was like I was seeing a ghost,” Peter Kasinskas said. “It was scary and awesome at the same time. My jaw just went to the floor.”

I’ll bet!

Gordon Camp is another correctional institution or program. Hold for Gordon Camp with no bond means an inmate is waiting at that site to go to his prison program called Gordon Camp. It doesn't mean he has no bond because he is a vicious murderer and kidnapper.

The “Hold for Gordon” one is not the guy.

Oh my gosh! :(

Three people east of Gordon, Wis., described the dramatic moments when the 13-year-old was found almost three months after she disappeared, dirty with matted hair, wearing shoes too big.

Residents of an area of woods and cabins about 9 miles east of Gordon, which has few year-round residents, described the dramatic moments when Jayme was found. Kristin Kasinskas, a teacher at the nearby Northwood School who lives on South Eau Claire Circle with her husband, Peter, and children, said that around 4 p.m., another neighbor walking a dog frantically knocked on the Kasinskas’ door.

Standing with her was a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes too big for her feet.

Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” Peter Kasinskas said.
what that baby has endured

I just read an article that the suspect was taken into custody 11 minutes later Snipped
Douglas County Sheriff's Office confirmed on its website that Jayme was found in the Town of Gordon at 4:43 p.m. Thursday, and that a suspect was taken into custody 11 minutes later. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ch...s/nation-world/national/article224271545.html
I'm just guessing here but this is a small town. When police arrived Jayme may have given LE the name of the suspect. I'm sure LE is familiar with the suspect (I doubt it's his first run in with the law) and knew where to find him. JMO

“Standing with her was a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes too big for her feet.

I honestly still think I’m dreaming right now. It was like I was seeing a ghost,” Peter Kasinskas said. “It was scary and awesome at the same time. My jaw just went to the floor.”

I’ll bet!

And they introduced Jayme to their new puppy :)

Jayme Closs found alive.

This still feels miraculous to me. My heart leapt with joy when I first read this.

My first thought was that Jayme now will have a life to live. A future filled with hope, surrounded by love.

My second thought was her family hearing this news, as they have hoped and prayed and waited for their dear Jayme to come home. If, I, a stranger thousands of miles away feel this great joy, I will never be able to imagine how they felt.

My heart is with them all.

Last edited:
The daily beast article: Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Found Alive 3 Months After Parents Murdered

Interview with neighbor:
“Gordon is 600 people living in the most remote country in Wisconsin and this is a little suburb 10 miles outside of that, a 46-home community where everyone is good neighbors,” he said.

He said the family that lived in the home that the FBI had zeroed in on was known to have run-ins with police. “There's people in and out of that house,” he said.

He said he had never seen Jayme in the neighborhood and just hoped that police would find every person who might be involved in her apparent kidnapping and the murder of her parents.

As an add-on note to the mention of comfort dogs. I never pass on an opportunity to give my highest praise to nurses. They’re my favorite human beings. Jayme is in good hands now. :)
Very sweet thing to say! :-D We have comfort dogs come to our unit regularly. It's such a comfort to the patients, particularly to those who have been hospitalized for an extended length of time. I hope Jayme is cuddling her pup tonight!

no way! your mom instincts would have kicked in FOR SURE! remember when you were a new mom and ANY baby crying would make 'things' happen to your upper torso? That instinct to nurture the innocent doesn't go away. never underestimate your inner Mama Bear!
I agree! And the comment about the upper torso made me laugh. That was me too. Mama Bear is always there for sure.

I usually would agree but I don't think there are enough MODS to keep up with that request. :eek: And they usually don't do that until the news stops calling a victim by name in connection with the suspect's charges/court case. Unfortunately for Jayme her case is as well known as Elizabeth Smart now. I don't see her being able to be anonymous or a Jane Doe in court. :(

My heart weeps for her. I hope she will find a way to heal, despite the fact that the world is about to know all the horrible details of what she has endured. I pray she will be granted all the strength she needs for the difficult days ahead. Simple comforts of being with her surviving family members and her dog Molly may help.

MOO.

I felt dismay thinking about all she's lost. Her mom. Her dad. Her home. Her innocence. And all the trauma she endured.

It's terrible.

But then I thought about how she was found running barefoot in the woods and begged for help.

She fought to survive, she wanted to survive and she did.

So I feel hopeful for this little survivor.

I’ll bet!
I'll bet her emotions were "pretty flat." I don't know what I expected. A shiny, happy haloed Jayme? Reality bites.

I haven’t been on WS in a while. My Mother has been in the ICU for the last week and passed away earlier today. She and my father had a cabin near Barron, WI and shared Jayme’s missing posts several times. I know she felt strongly about finding Jayme. She and my Father spent a lot of time in the Barron area and I’ve posted pictures of us traveling to their cabin and passing the exit to the town.

While I’m overcome with sadness, I am so happy that she was found. That’s something that would make my Mom very happy. Rest In Peace Mommy - blessings to the Closs family and may Jayme find healing and comfort with her loved ones.

Aww. Everyone here on websleuths is giving you a virtual hug. I hope you feel the support and love flowing toward you.

Last edited:
Here comes the hard part. That poor baby.
It certainly won’t be easy, but atleast she’s not in the hands of a monster anymore.

She’s been through hell, that’s for damn sure.

She’ll have access to all the help she needs, and will have her family and community to support her.

Hopefully she can go on and live the best life possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL