Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't seem to stop thinking how brave Jayme is. Knowing that LE had to pull JTP over it is safe to assume that he left and she found a way out. Way to go, Jayme! I wonder if it is something that she has been staging for a while. Could she have been gaining more of his trust while planning to escape when the time was right? Was she slowly going through trial runs in her head waiting for the right moment or was this really the first chance she had and she took it.
However it happened she is a true hero and survivor.

They picked up the suspect last night at about 5 PM central. Not long after that they probably had an entire cyber force looking at his background and any connection to the victims. Once they get everything they need from the search warrants, they’ll start on the rest.

They have mentioned that he was very methodical in everything he did. I don’t see a reason why that wouldn’t carry over to the kidnapping and captivity.

I could definitely see someone like that looking for a young girl to stalk without letting anyone know what he was doing. He looks a bit smug in his mug shot, although that could just be my interpretation, but successfully completing this ‘operation’ may have been a challenge to him.

Can't seem to stop thinking how brave Jayme is. Knowing that LE had to pull JTP over it is safe to assume that he left and she found a way out. Way to go, Jayme! I wonder if it is something that she has been staging for a while. Could she have been gaining more of his trust while planning to escape when the time was right? Was she slowly going through trial runs in her head waiting for the right moment or was this really the first chance she had and she took it.

Gosh, I can tell this guy cares a lot for Jayme but I hope they look into why whatever they did to investigate didn't work. Why did the guy fall under the radar?, why did a child have to save herself?

If he had no prior criminal history, and he had never been in contact with Jayme or her family, and lived hours away in a remote cabin, then I am not sure we can blame LE for not knowing about him. The guy fell under the radar because he was living under the radar and was careful to avoid any revealing connections and communications prior to the kidnapping.

That's what is so terrifying about these crimes. Thankfully they are rare and this one had a partial good outcome. You go about your ordinary life, doing ordinary things. Until your not.

This and the Rhoden case have been so terrifying. Glad they've got the perps. To think that people can come into your house in the middle of the night and do these things is the stuff of the worst nightmares. Lots to be learned here by everyone. Cameras are cheap now. It won't stop a crime from happening necessarily, but at least most of what happened will be known. We've got cams now inside and out and in our vehicles. Be aware of the people around you, all around you when you go out. That's the world we live in now.

So it was just within the last day that it was mentioned, not before that as was implied. So no super-sleuthing psychic business happening here, but hey everybody gets cookies.
Jayme is ALIVE!
Ha, nope no psychic abilities. Just quite a few sleuthers sitting on their hands last night around here waiting for this morning's PC. Definitely cookies for all, Jayme is alive, best news in a long time.

Gosh, I can tell this guy cares a lot for Jayme but I hope they look into why whatever they did to investigate didn't work. Why did the guy fall under the radar?, why did a child have to save herself?

If he had no prior criminal history, and he had never been in contact with Jayme or her family, and lived hours away in a remote cabin, then I am not sure we can blame LE for not knowing about him. The guy fell under the radar because he was living under the radar and was careful to avoid any revealing connections and communications prior to the kidnapping.

Sheriff said that Patterson had no contact with family. How could he possibly know that? Two of the victims are deceased and they can't speak. There still seems to be a missing piece somewhere..

I think Fitzgerald was doing some of the same "dancing" he was doing during the investigation. He's not experienced in cases like this and it shows.

At one point he said "it appears" JP had no contact in any way and at another point he said he said that JP had no contact. I don't think he really knows at this point.

I can only imagine how stunned Jayme will be when she comes home & sees all the signs welcoming her back

Seeing the ribbons on so many houses & businesses - the christmas tree dedicated to her....

I wonder if she'll see any of those semi-trucks with pleas for information about her on the drive back?

She'll know so many, thousands, tens of thousands....hundreds of thousands! of people who thought and prayed for her everyday....

She is well loved and in time will heal.....

WELCOME HOME JAYME!

No one “pulled his name out of a hat”.

Here’s how I found his name and address last night - might be useful for future reference for other sleuthers:

When it was first announced JC had been found, press gave the location and quoted a neighbour saying the house was one of the few year-round residences.

So I looked up the county property records & it was easy to filter out most of the street.

Then I excluded the properties owned by couples (who turned out to be the 2 sets of neighbours who helped JC).

By taking a quick look at the propertylayouts on a satellite map, I used “instinct” to guess it would be one of 2.

Then I used a regular search engine to find/cross-reference all names associated with those addresses/owners. Jake Patterson was the best “fit”

Anyway, it was all moot really because he’d already been arrested.

HOWEVER, the method stands for sleuthing generally in MP cases, if one is trying to track down rumours/hints. It has happened on a couple of occasions that WSers & I have found info that is useful, in which case we send it directly to LE and/or family (if appropriate).
Everyone would have known his name in good time, though.

I must have missed that last night . I had been monitoring Douglas County Inmate list and never saw him pop up. Same two I had seen are still listed. I must say that at first glance one could resemble him. Inmate Roster - Douglas County Sheriff WI
I'm going to say maybe I am wrong about which county jail it was because I looked at every face and age in BOTH county jails, but I looked at that face on one of them last night because I immediately recognized him this morning and the name.

God I feel so stupid for not thinking about it but I was thinking from the perspective of 'oh it's horrible that her parents are dead' and not 'oh it's horrible she probably saw her parents die'
Awww no worries. We know what u meant. That alone and the presence of the gun would make an adult compliant. Let alone anyone Jayme's age.

I must have missed that last night . I had been monitoring Douglas County Inmate list and never saw him pop up. Same two I had seen are still listed. I must say that at first glance one could resemble him. Inmate Roster - Douglas County Sheriff WI

You didn't miss it. He wasn't on either the Douglas County or Barron County jail rosters last night.

With the info LE did give at the press conference- I’m going to speculate that maybe he killed the parents to not only torment Jayme, but to keep her absolutely terrified about her own life. This is such a sick individual. Again, his age shocks me.

Also, assuming he even knew her habits and routines, he may have found it difficult to kidnap her outside of the home. It appears to me that she had a full schedule of school, activities and time with her aunt after school, and wasn't wandering around alone. It may have been difficult to simply snatch her off the street, and he had to resort to the home invasion/murder.

So amazing!!! Happy she is okay physically (as far as we know) and hoping her emotional trials will be handled with care and sensitivity.

Evil exists, this guy is it. Will be interesting to learn, in days to come, what his on-line activities were.

That is one question that kept being asked, and I think we sort of have an answer now.

This creep clearly wanted to take her away for himself. To do that you need to be able to make a getaway. You also need to take out those close to them so that your victim has no one but you.

Killing her parents would be one way to terrify Jayme so that he would have total control of her. She now knows what he is capable of and may be more pliable. Cruel, cruel man.

I am sure they were doing a lot. They threw themselves totally into finding this sweet girl. But if there really was no prior contact between this perp and the family, and he had no prior criminal history, and he took her 60 miles away and hid her out in a remote cabin, it is hard to blame LE for not knowing where she was. JMO

Agreed. I don't see how LE would have ever solved it if she hadn't escaped or if some other blunder had not happened.

No one “pulled his name out of a hat”.

Here’s how I found his name and address last night - might be useful for future reference for other sleuthers:

When it was first announced JC had been found, press gave the location and quoted a neighbour saying the house was one of the few year-round residences.

So I looked up the county property records & it was easy to filter out most of the street.

Then I excluded the properties owned by couples (who turned out to be the 2 sets of neighbours who helped JC).

By taking a quick look at the propertylayouts on a satellite map, I used “instinct” to guess it would be one of 2.

Then I used a regular search engine to find/cross-reference all names associated with those addresses/owners. Jake Patterson was the best “fit”

Anyway, it was all moot really because he’d already been arrested.

HOWEVER, the method stands for sleuthing generally in MP cases, if one is trying to track down rumours/hints. It has happened on a couple of occasions that WSers & I have found info that is useful, in which case we send it directly to LE and/or family (if appropriate).
:cool:Nicely explained..thanks.:cool:

With the info LE did give at the press conference- I’m going to speculate that maybe he killed the parents to not only torment Jayme, but to keep her absolutely terrified about her own life. This is such a sick individual. Again, his age shocks me.
Me too!
I mean what was his long term plan? No job, living in his parent place ..It is scary to think about what he intended to do for his future. One who plans out a murder kidnapping and took steps to avoid detection had to have at least had a plan for an ending right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieoconnor