Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will not feel safe for a very long time, if truly ever. Think about yourself at 13. If you can’t feel safe in your own home with your parents in the middle of a school night...WHEN could you? For many, a level of comfort is gone. Having P-PTSD, I never feel safe. Ever. Even 20yrs later. Never. So, I know she will never either. But, she can learn to tolerate it and live a wonderful normal life, with a lot of specialized therapy. I hope she’s protected at all costs. Especially for a while, as she tries to begin to recover from JP’s Hell on Earth. jmo
Sorry to hear this for you. Glad you are on here with us, posting.

I posted way back in the beginning something similar to what you're saying. It's like the proverbial "boogeyman" or "monster-under-the-bed" scary to go through what Jayme experienced. Safe and sound in her home, in her jammies and probably sleeping after a pleasant day together with her extended family. What went down in her presence is unimaginable. I hope for the very best for her from now on. That she was able to turn the tables on this predator and rescue herself says a lot about her, IMO, and also may help deal with having been a victim. Take care @StarEyes

Last edited:
The house is still in his fathers name, however it there are back taxes owed, I know some are saying that the house was signed over but as of today it still list the father as the owner. I am still in shock and have never been happier to be wrong in my life. I did not think this would have a " happy ending". Long road ahead I am sure. Driving me crazy to know exactly how he knew her.

Also the photo of him and his mom and sister it says on the post where it is posted orginated from that he was leaving that August 17 , I assumed boot camp did he fail at that too ?

I am sure he is going to have some sort of psychological issue in the future to be discussed, some sort of social disorder. Now we wait.

Sorry for the rambling my head is still spinning

On Martha McCallum just now, Sheriff Fitzgerald just said they have had all three Closs phones the entire time and found no digital footprint that showed interaction with JP.

The father’s actions after the abduction need to be further looked into. Bizarre timing. Either the credit union foreclosed on the property at a inconvenient time (for his son) or he voluntarily told the credit union he can/will no longer be making payments. This is very uncommon in housing and more frequent in vehicles.

Yes, I'm far from presuming this was an attempt to simply stalk Jayme.

If you have a "long, careful plan" to kidnap someone, why create an unnecessary double homicide scene, leaving ballistics evidence, etc.?

Barron is a super-safe place, i.e. vulnerable. He could have kidnapped Jayme in so many alternate locations that would have NOT involved murder.

Shotgun to the front door sounds awfully rage-y to me. And what the heck strategy includes shooting blindly through the house door if he's trying to take Jayme alive? How did he know he wouldn't hit her?
The shotgun at the door makes me think he had an accomplice telling him it wasn't Jayme on the other side.

He has already said they have found no connection between any of the three victims and the suspect. So why would they be upset just because this guy wasnt known by anyone in the family? It is what it is. This was done by a stranger so there wont be a connection to make.

I dont see why the community would be upset though.

I'm sure they have heard of other cases where the suspect had no link to the victims.

They know this suspect could have stalked Jayme anywhere without her even noticing it when she was out and became obsessed with her.

I think the community is extremely happy and relieved Jayme is alive and they finally know it wasnt one of their own local residents but someone who lived 70 miles away.

I think that knowledge itself brings the community much peace of mind.
I didn’t say that LE needs to find how the suspect is known to the family. I said connected to—how he even knew who Jayme was. And I am speaking as a parent. I want to know how he chose her. And if someone 70 miles from me can choose my child to abduct, how is he/she choosing?

He has already said they have found no connection between any of the three victims and the suspect. So why would they be upset just because this guy wasnt known by anyone in the family? It is what it is. This was done by a stranger so there wont be a connection to make.

I dont see why the community would be upset though.

I'm sure they have heard of other cases where the suspect had no link to the victims.

They know this suspect could have stalked Jayme anywhere without her even noticing it when she was out and became obsessed with her.

I think the community is extremely happy and relieved Jayme is alive and they finally know it wasnt one of their own local residents but someone who lived 70 miles away.

I think that knowledge itself brings the community much peace of mind.
I agree. Now that an arrest has been made, the community is in no dangerous from this particular perpetrator. And LE has one obligation--to gather and protect the evidence needed to go to trial and convict this guy.

The father’s actions after the abduction need to be further looked into. Bizarre timing. Either the credit union foreclosed on the property at a inconvenient time (for his son) or he voluntarily told the credit union he can/will no longer be making payments. This is very uncommon in housing and more frequent in vehicles.
Very interesting - thank you for this observation! I'm definitely not wise to the ways of voluntary housing surrender.

IMO, when you go to someone’s home at the hour of night, as he did, with ill intentions, you know there’s a strong possibility you’re going to be met with resistance.

He used a element of surprise here, shooting the door in with a shotgun. It was a dramatic entry that I’m sure caused mass confusion.

I believe he intended to kill her parents. He didn’t know them but knew who they were, most likely from watching movements, schedules ahead of time. Stalking.
Clearly he meant to KEEP her. With the parents gone, he might have thought there would be fewer people to drive a search. I'm wondering if he has a thing for 13-year old girls.

On Martha McCallum just now, Sheriff Fitzgerald just said they have had all three Closs phones the entire time and found no digital footprint that showed interaction with JP.
He may have sleuthed her just like we sleuth others- look through friends of friends lists and followers until you find something. No Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem