Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been reported Jayme was wearing shoes that were too big for her. I picture this horrid creature dragging her out of the house barefoot and thru the carnage. I feel for Jayme. She has a tough road ahead but she survived. She will get thru this. I hope in 10 years we get to hear the wonderful things she has accomplished.

I'm super curious how he knew she lived there. He didn't live in the neighborhood - how did he know he could break in late at night, kill two adults, and take a teen girl? That doesn't seem random.

jmo

edited to correct typo
now that shes found I have even more questions!!! I wonder if someone another boy at her school for example could have told him about her or even talked about her? maybe a gang initiation style stunt? ...I have so many questions of what could have brought him to the Closss house that night

It has been reported Jayme was wearing shoes that were too big for her. I picture this horrid creature dragging her out of the house barefoot and thru the carnage. I feel for Jayme. She has a tough road ahead but she survived. She will get thru this. I hope in 10 years we get to hear the wonderful things she has accomplished.

I don't think,it was like that, unless she was very near the door. He may have just pointed the gun and said “let’s go.”

JO hasn't confimed that he worked with or alongside JC or DC yet....plus that paints an even more disturbing photo of a 17-18 y/o being attracted to a 10 year old
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can’t seem him knowing about her, from one day three years ago, probably spent training...unless one of her parents just happened to be the trainer. Seems far-fetched.

I didn't think he looked doughy his shoulders seem broad but maybe he is. I would think he would have prepared himself for this which means physically too. I liked what someone said, that he may lived in Barron for awhile since he had a job there.
Guys like this, who have to kidnap a girl/woman for their own interests, don't get out much. If he has a job, would be interesting to hear what his profession is. Most likely he keeps to himself. An introvert, low social skills.

now that shes found I have even more questions!!! I wonder if someone another boy at her school for example could have told him about her or even talked about her? maybe a gang initiation style stunt? ...I have so many questions of what could have brought him to the Closss house that night

I feel like he is an anti-social loner...not in any gangs or even with a friend group. Jmo.

Ed Smart, Elizabeth’s dad, just appeared on HLN within the hour via phone. It was a good interview with meaningful comments/thoughts, looking for link. If not will come back and paraphrase.

ETA: can’t find the link, if anyone comes across it please post, tia.

One thing he mentioned is how Jayme needs to know this wasn’t her fault.

If he didn't take her outside to the store/socialize/etc, then she wouldn't need shoes. Most likely she grabbed the first pair she could when she fled the house, and that first pair probably belonged to him.

Guys like this, who have to kidnap a girl/woman for their own interests, don't get out much. If he has a job, would be interesting to hear what his profession is. Most likely he keeps to himself. An introvert, low social skills.

Absolutely. Was going to say I suspect it will come out that he is a “loner” (as often the case with mass shooters, again been noticing a lot of similarities, moo)

JP worked with Jayme's parents briefly as per the Associated Press article.
Perhaps they took him home for a meal - speculation by me.

The Latest: Suspect worked with teen's parents for a day

Interesting tidbit in the link about the ownership of the house transferring from Patterson's father to a credit union shortly after the kidnapping. Was it foreclosed on or sold? How did JTP manage to continue living there, with Jayme, for over two more months?

Is the fact that he worked for a day (why just a day?!) three years ago the only 'connection'....?

If that IS the connection the Sheriff is alluding to then then I think we have to assume that some seed was planted that day......

Really thought Sheriff said in PC that there was no connection to Jennie-O

He did, so that can't be the connection.

This guy seems "off" - I mean before the obvious. No real job... no links to the internet. I wonder if he's on disability or something. Maybe he gets treatments in Barron at the Mayo branch. The largest psych hospital would be Duluth, but I wonder if disability medical insurance can cross state lines. Anyone know?

That would also explain the one day of work. Forced to try it to comply with his disability and decided he couldn't do it.

She was taken in the middle of the night originally. She probably was bare foot when taken. Possibly in these last three months she never left the cabin. And perhaps he never bought her any shoes. So perhaps she was wearing some of his shoes? MOO

If he didn't take her outside to the store/socialize/etc, then she wouldn't need shoes. Most likely she grabbed the first pair she could when she fled the house, and that first pair probably belonged to him.
Excellent point!!! Never thought of her being without the whole time and just grabbing his on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18