Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is best to hold off on. Abigail H. heroically and unashamedly testified and made sure her abductor was held responsible for his crimes against her. She was only 14 when he took her. Any assumption that a female, young or otherwise, is too weak to want to nail her attacker to the wall is a faulty one.
YES. Well said. And he wasn’t just her attacker. He killed her parents. She may want to testify for them. I think her family & LE are wise & supportive enough to respect whichever decision she makes.

Excellent point - city living is not like that! Thanks for the reminder

Many rural areas where I live (in the deep south) will have a rural water association that is essentially a well, but its a community well water system. Then you will have propane for heating. I admittedly know nothing about what rural WI would have.

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to hear about this girl being recovered - safe - but the journey is far from over. I want everyone in this community to help solve an abduction - new or old - by 2020. If we can do this, we can make a difference. Isn't that what Jayme would want? Help solve a mystery.

I am finally caught up and I don't know where to begin.

I did not expect this outcome. The moment the sheriff stated in that interview that he insisted Jayme was alive because of his "gut feeling" I'd given up hope that she would be found alive.

She is a badass. No other words can describe her. The dog walker is also incredibly wise to quickly get her away from the public, especially now that we know the criminal was prowling to find her. <modsnip: is off limits> I have a feeling her case is one that I will follow for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gordon may indeed be quaint, but it's a wonderful way of life, country living and woods and water; God's Country in my book. Which is why I spent over 30+ years there. I moved for my career after divorce; options for decent paying jobs in the area are nil. A few little restaurants between Solon Springs, Gordon, Barnes, Wascott & Minong. All within driving distance but don't leave home on empty :). If I could move back there tomorrow, I would!

And the drive to these restaurants during the summer and early fall are so enjoyable! (I don't miss the icy roads.)

Wisconsin has so many, many lakes (as does Minnesota), and we enjoyed the swimming, skiing, boating and other sports.

There are laws about search. Have to have a reason. A pd can’t randomly search a property without reason or they could get sued. Just like they can’t search ur vehicle if u get stopped...unless u give permission or have reason.
They can't go breaking into homes but can develop target areas to watch/surveil. I'm grasping at straws here, but his cabin or home was the *perfect* place to hide her, and only like an hours drive away.

Hindsight is 20/20 but how about if law enforcement had started looking at these rural cabin properties in general terms such as: lets identify properties occupied by lone males (especially unemployed) who over-winter.
Except in this case it was more of a home that was at least so one point year round - being he grew up there - and in his father's name. It wasn't registered to a single unemployed male. I do believe a lot of things happened that we are not privy to.

I still want to know from the perp. why and how he targeted the Closs family? Didn't he live 70 miles away?
Haven't been able to read all the pages because of the fast moving thread, so sorry if i missed any info.

They can't go breaking into homes but can develop target areas to watch/surveil. I'm grasping at straws here, but his cabin or home was the *perfect* place to hide her, and only like an hours drive away.

imagine how many cabins are within an hours drive? No agency has the time or resources to sit in the woods and observe cabins without good cause other than "the perfect place to hide someone"

It was just a question. Often times in these type of cases there is a love connection and it isn’t random. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
All I cared about was getting Jayme home, and I'm glad she's home. It tears my heart into millions of shard she is an orphan now. I support Jayme in any way I can.
I'm sure she will always miss her mom and dad. But she has a very loving family who will help heal and protect her. For that she is very blessed.

So how is he prepared with food and necessities for the long haul?

Did you forget he worked one day at Jennie O? He was set!
(I wonder about that too.)

According to the article that @oviedo linked above, he had friends over while Jayme was secreted somewhere in the house. I wonder if any of them will speak out? Every murderer/serial killer has an oblivious good friend. (I was shocked when an ex-neighbor told me she and a boyfriend had been in prison for murder. BF still in prison. Later she said “I hope you don’t hold that against me.”) :eek: Umm...

Jayme’s bravery and moxie astounds me.

Think about how when you watch a scary movie in which someone escapes their attacker, your heart pounds hard, you cover your eyes and kinda peek through your fingers while yelling ‘RUN RUN!’

Now imagine being 13 years old, aware your parents were murdered by your abductor, being held captive for three months while enduring God knows what, and still having the guts to escape and make a run for it. She must have been dreading he was going to catch her the entire time.

I wonder if the brother was ever looked at by law enforcement just due to being a sex offender who lived/had lived within driving distance.
I assume
I wonder if the brother was ever looked at by law enforcement just due to being a sex offender who lived/had lived within driving distance.
JP's brother appears to live in Colorado so he wouldn't be on their list if they did check the registry. Authorities investigating criminal history of Closs suspect's brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25