Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had mentioned earlier I wasn't interested in having the correct theory and that's true--jayme's home and perp has been caught and that's what matters.

But I've been thinking lately about all my 'gut' feelings I had and the theories I was strongly leaning towards in addition to the things I felt sure about that turned out to be wrong. I think it's useful to go over them to keep in mind for the future (of course I hope there's no future case but...not holding my breath on that :(:mad:)

-I really felt this was someone who had been stalking Jayme unbeknownst to anyone, hence why James/Denise/Jayme wouldn't have felt unsafe and why interviewing family and friends didn't help. No one had any indication this was coming.
-I also briefly brought up the unabomber and how he was a recluse in a cabin in the woods...I was thinking of the Shasta groene case as well and how her captor took her to the mountains. It makes sense when you take into consideration the land. Rural Wisconsin here for this case and Idaho and Montana I believe for the others. Also makes sense that these completely demented people would not be in mainstream society

I was completely wrong about the perp though. I for sure thought it would be a man 50+ with a previous history of some kind. 21 year old with nothing that we know of..wow. Sadly I'm not surprised by evil anymore but it DID really throw me for a loop.

Just gonna drop this here. I am just thrilled to hear Jayme has been found. What that little girl witnessed when he took her that night, I can’t imagine. She has a lot of healing to do. I pray she gets the space to do it. Right now, you can see her family is beside themselves in celebration because she’s back in their arms.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
I’ve been through some things myself. I have PTSD. Some of that I shared here, because of anonymity, I felt comfortable doing so. Not everyone wants this kind of info put out there along with their face. Some choose a public platform. I feel it should be a victims choice to make, not someone else’s. There is no shame in being a victim & choosing not to publicly speak about it does not mean that person is ashamed.
Whatever happens, Jayme’s healing, should be done her way & in her own time.
Thank you for replying :)
MOO

I agree.

Elizabeth Smart went into great detail in her testimony - I think that is healing. IMO JC is no shrinking violet, she may want to make sure the jury hears it from her.

I wish we would stop putting the stigma of rape on the survivor - doing so is why so many females are apt not to report. Take back what was stolen, IMO.

Rape has not been mentioned in this case, that portion of my opinion is more a comment on OP's post.

Elizabeth Smart testified EIGHT YEARS after she was kidnapped. She was an adult by then.

This has nothing to do with "putting the stigma of rape on the survivor".

For me it has to do with trauma. Period.

But I also think it sort of has to do with an excited public's determination to hear details of abuse that a survivor may not want the public to hear. Sometimes people make excuses for why those details should be public and sometimes one of those excuses is that those of us who wish to afford a survivor privacy, are fostering the stigma of sexual assault.

She's a kid who can be retraumatized by reliving what happened to her and by the knowledge that a public desperate for details is hearing every bit of what occurred.

Elizabeth Smart didn't actually have therapy and she wasn't quizzed on the details by family when she escaped. Instead, she was surrounded by healthy family relationships and allowed to get back to a normal life as soon as possible. She went back to school. Her community treated her normally. She finished high school, went to college and became a missionary before she ever had to testify as to details.

She became a wife and mother before she spoke voluntarily on a tv program about what happened to her, in an effort to help other victims of abuse.

I hope JC can be equally protected and allowed to try to resume a normal life. I hope the creep pleads guilty so that JC can have some agency and the dignity and power of deciding if and when she speaks about the details of what she survived.

Absolutely that is what happened...one random sighting of SG and her brother outside playing in the pool. I do think he watched them for a couple of days, but yes. RANDOMNESS, rare but happens with the demented mind of these perps.

Sorry about the autocorrect typo of "either" for "brother"!

I had mentioned earlier I wasn't interested in having the correct theory and that's true--jayme's home and perp has been caught and that's what matters.

But I've been thinking lately about all my 'gut' feelings I had and the theories I was strongly leaning towards in addition to the things I felt sure about that turned out to be wrong. I think it's useful to go over them to keep in mind for the future (of course I hope there's no future case but...not holding my breath on that :(:mad:)

-I really felt this was someone who had been stalking Jayme unbeknownst to anyone, hence why James/Denise/Jayme wouldn't have felt unsafe and why interviewing family and friends didn't help. No one had any indication this was coming.
-I also briefly brought up the unabomber and how he was a recluse in a cabin in the woods...I was thinking of the Shasta groene case as well and how her captor took her to the mountains. It makes sense when you take into consideration the land. Rural Wisconsin here for this case and Idaho and Montana I believe for the others. Also makes sense that these completely demented people would not be in mainstream society

I was completely wrong about the perp though. I for sure thought it would be a man 50+ with a previous history of some kind. 21 year old with nothing that we know of..wow. Sadly I'm not surprised by evil anymore but it DID really throw me for a loop.
Before all the stupid rumors about people missing in town ( THANK YOU WS FOR NOT ALLOWING THESE, NOW I NO WHY) I was very much in the camp of this being closer to a Joseph Duncan kind of encounter.

And saved her Christmas gifts and stocking for her. Also something I read earlier. At least that's a little something special for her. As much positive for her as possible. Until she's (and if) ready to deal with the heartache, which I believe is also necessary.

Can you imagine? There's the fear and horror of waiting for him to come back. Then the relief and joy of being freed and knowing you're with family and he's in jail.

But then there's the realization that you won't see your parents on earth again and that nothing will ever be the same.

Oh poor kid.

Given the older brother's long laundry list of past arrests in convictions in one of the articles, I'm surprised the parents would have left those two boys alone on their own at that age.
I'm also having a hard time believing this was his first violent act. I wonder if there were other missing girls in the area over the past couple of years that he's been living in that house alone.

One parent signed over a quit claim deed to the other (sounds like her to him) probably due to divorce. So perhaps each had enough on their own plate when moving on to deal with wayward sons (if one had a long criminal history they may have been tired of dealing with it).

It seems like a poor decision but perhaps it made sense to the divorced owner at the time. And if the suspect had no criminal history maybe that person felt he would keep his brother in line, not realizing the JTP was a danger to others.

It sure seems like a horrible choice now but that’s just hindsight talking.

MOO

Is it possible he decided he would take "a girl" and started planning and prepping before having a specific target? Maybe it is more random than we think and he just went out hunting once he thought he had a perfect plan and was ready to go get "a girl" that turned out to be Jayme. Could have seen her and her mom out that same evening perhaps. Dunno, just thinking.

I think that’s entirely possible.

Jake Thomas Patterson: Jayme Closs suspect was quiet student who hoped to join Marines
JTP remains a mystery.

At Northwood School District in Minong, where he graduated from the K-12 school in 2015, Patterson was quiet and withdrawn, yet smart enough to be on a quiz team and able to crack a quick joke.

In the school's yearbook, he said after graduation he planned to enlist in the U.S. Marine Corps. and wrote, "I'm finally done with school."

As far as anyone knows, JTP never followed through on joining the military, was employed for just a day at a turkey plant, and drifted in the background in this rural swath of Wisconsin. He did not have a criminal record.

Patterson graduated from high school in a class of 34 students. A description of his high school years was provided by former students who didn't want to be named.

Classmates described him as quiet and seemingly indifferent.

Another former student, who was a year behind Patterson, said, "He seemed like he was just one of those guys in school that wanted to fit in, but couldn't because he lacked social skills. (He) never really made an impact in any way."

Patterson wrestled in elementary school, a classmate said, but wasn't interested in going to sporting events in high school, a noticeable trait in a small town where life revolves around school activities.

636828893001083288-PATTERSON-FRESHMAN.jpg

Jake Thomas Patterson, the suspect in the kidnapping of Jayme Closs and murder of her parents, as seen in his freshman yearbook. (Photo: Bill Glauber / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)

Much more at the link

Whew! Thank you! I spent about an hour but did not find it.
Sorry. You get bonus points for persistence.

It's in Thread number 34. If you choose just that thread and hit search only that thread with the words you're searching ( I used comings and goings at the house), posts pop up related to that, if there are any. Just FYI, but you probably know how to search already.

I thought military.. just because of weapons and quick in and out with 2 fatalities... also thought military because might have pension... I didn’t see high IQ and 21 yrs old. Will be interesting to see how he stalked.. if he did... was it simply online ... catfishing.. talking to her daily as somebody else on vanishing app... he also could have bugged house or hacked phone.. can’t believe he didn’t get caught sooner..

Before all the stupid rumors about people missing in town ( THANK YOU WS FOR NOT ALLOWING THESE, NOW I NO WHY) I was very much in the camp of this being closer to a Joseph Duncan kind of encounter.

Me too. I mentioned that case here, Elizabeth Smart's case, the Matthew Hoffman case. It seemed most likely she was what they were after because she wasn't killed in that house with her parents. And she was taken away. (And not for one moment did I believe that baby had anything to do with it or the murderer. Had to leave the thread because of that speculation).

But I gotta' tell ya' I never would've guessed at a young perp. I never do!

This was terrifyingly brutal and "sophisticated" in the sense that he had to have the wherewithal to transport and hide, control and keep alive a teenager, for months, without detection.

I envisioned for sure a Duncan type. And possibly more than one perp.

Just gonna drop this here. I am just thrilled to hear Jayme has been found. What that little girl witnessed when he took her that night, I can’t imagine. She has a lot of healing to do. I pray she gets the space to do it. Right now, you can see her family is beside themselves in celebration because she’s back in their arms.

I loved seeing the picture of JC with her aunt and now the picture of her with her uncle. To be able to have their niece, a part of their beloved sister, back with them, is truly a blessing. I agree JC has a lot of healing to do and I hope being surrounded by so much love from her family, friends and the community will be a great help her in her recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member