Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I bet they took pics of the worst and messiest parts of the house. I would assume there are upstairs bedrooms which are not pictured. The tabloids are already presenting everything as though it is 99% fact that she was kept in the basement. Just remember much of this type of reporting is for $ and sensationalism. For all we know, Jayme could have been kept on the 2nd floor.
I'm sure the grocery store racks are full of these pictures appearing in the enquirer and others. I'm not defending him at all, but I was expecting a one room hunting cabin. I'm glad it wasn't.

"...read her books"? That's an odd thing to say.

I don’t think it’s odd, in fact I’ve been wondering about it especially given the lack of online presence discovered (so far). Young people do still read books, some more than others, and some (see below) shun social media/online ‘life’.

Pure speculation from me: I’ve been wondering if JP may be a bit of social “misfit” (for want of a better term) or loner who constructed an entire fantasy world or scenario from books and/or games which he then took to an extreme which culminated in the murders & kidnapping.

The pictures of inside the home are interesting to me. IMO, they don't appear to be post LE processing evidence throughout the entire home. I could be absolutely wrong. I'm not surprised these pics were posted - money talks.

I don’t think it’s odd, in fact I’ve been wondering about it especially given the lack of online presence discovered (so far). Young people do still read books, some more than others, and some (see below) shun social media/online ‘life’.

Pure speculation from me: I’ve been wondering if JP may be a bit of social “misfit” (for want of a better term) or loner who constructed an entire fantasy world or scenario from books and/or games which he then took to an extreme which culminated in the murders & kidnapping.

Sure, people read books. What I found odd was that the Sheriff came up with the idea of him reading books to her.

Thanks, kk. I think we may see at least a portion of the complaint sealed considering the investigation is ongoing. Could be wrong.

From the article (BBM):

What's next?
Patterson is expected to make his initial appearance Monday afternoon in Barron County Circuit Court.

• Patterson's court appearance is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. The hearing is not expected to last more than 30 minutes.
  • Prosecutors are expected to charge him with two counts of intentional homicide and one count of kidnapping before the appearance.
  • Patterson will most likely appear via video from the Barron County jail as the charges are read to him. His attorneys, however, say they'll request that he appear in person.
  • According to the Associated Press, Patterson's attorneys Charles Glynn and Richard Jones believe Jake Patterson can get a fair trial. They also added that it has been an emotional time for the Barron community, and that they understand the pain the case has generated.
  • The criminal complaint, which is expected to be released Monday morning, is expected to shine a light on what happened at the crime scene in Barron.
  • According to an article from Dailymail.com, some of Jayme Closs' family is expected to be in court Monday to "look Jake Patterson in the eye" during the hearing.
  • Details on what happened during Jayme's nearly three months held captive have not yet been released, however, more details are expected to be shared this week as interviews continue.
At the crime scene in Barron BBM
I believe there will be more charges coming from the crime scene in Gordon.
How does that work? 2 different courts or do they consolidate all the crimes because they are related? Like this crime of kidnapping resulted and was intended to commit the following crimes.....
That's a good question but I don't know the answer. Maybe @gitana1 can help?
MOO

Last edited:
H.S. Classmate Describes Jayme Closs' Alleged Kidnapper as 'Loner': 'He Just Ignored Everyone'
The 21-year-old suspect accused of kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs after allegedly killing her parents was withdrawn and isolated as a high school student, a former classmate of Jake Thomas Patterson‘s tells PEOPLE.

The classmate and former lab partner — who asked not to be identified — tells PEOPLE that Patterson “wasn’t the guy with school spirit.” The classmate adds, “He didn’t go to games or care about that stuff. He just ignored everyone and everyone ignored him.”

Most of Thomas’ classmates did not want to talk about him to PEOPLE. But BK, who was two years ahead of Patterson in school, did speak about him, saying she only remembers him because the school was so small.

“Honestly, he didn’t stand out at all,” BK tells PEOPLE. “I can’t tell you a single story about him, because he didn’t do anything. If it was just you and him in a room, no one would talk.”

BK says she did speak to Patterson “when I had to,” but says he’d respond “with one-word answers, or not even answer at all. I don’t know a thing about his life. He’d sit alone at lunch, or with a couple other kids, but no one would talk at the lunch table.”

(names changed to initials by me)

That is totally normal, when looking at other long term hostages. Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck, Elizabeth Smart, the 3 girls in Cleveland, ALL OF THEM were slowly, over time, given small amounts of freedom. That's how the brainwashing process works.

The children are frightened for their lives, chained up, tied up, locked in closets, kept solitary, in the dark for hours and days on end---stressed, intimidated, controlled, treated like prisoners, and they shut down totally, become like emotional zombies.

Then slowly, their captors begin to do one or two very small 'favors.' They unshackle the chain, and allow them to be tied to a long rope, so they can walk a few feet.

Or they are allowed to come up into the main room, and eat some soup. It is like a dream come true. They have not been killed, or maimed, so they feel thankful to their captors, and they try not to anger them, so they do not have to go back into the dark closet....

Exactly.

Even in the Todd Kohlhepp serial killer case where he had KB locked up in the storage container, he would let her out at certain times.

"“I don’t think he wanted to kill me,” Brown told Dr. Phil McGraw. “He explained Stockholm syndrome to me and told me that it would kick in and then we’d be happy together.”"

Woman "chained like a dog" in container by serial killer awarded over $6 million

""He would get there between 1 and 3 o'clock every day, take me up to the main building, feed me, make me do whatever he wanted sexually, and then he would put me back in the building."

Kala Brown’s chilling account of captivity released: ‘If he shot me it would be easier’

I wish the aunt would stop providing info to the media.

I agree. Jayme is undoubtably still in shock over having reached safety, but will have so many emotions to work through — for a lifetime. At the rate the family is going, I fear she will soon be telling her story to Dr. Phil. This child needs tenderness and security, not photo spreads.

Some of these headlines, though...:rolleyes: smh

https://nypost.com/2019/01/14/jayme-closss-relatives-ready-to-stare-down-accused-kidnapper-in-court/
Jayme Closs
‘s relatives will be in court Monday afternoon to stare down the man accused of kidnapping the teen after killing her parents.

“My brother and sister will be there to look him in the eye,” Jayme’s aunt, JS, 48, told the Daily Mail about Jake Thomas Patterson’s first court appearance in Barron County Circuit Court.

Patterson, 21, is scheduled to appear by video circuit, as is standard procedure. His lawyers said they asked that he appear in person instead, but the judge denied the request.

JS described the family’s attendance in court as “the next step towards healing.”

“We were advised by agents that this would be a good thing, so yes, some of the family will be there,” said JS, who will not be attending.

Sheriff Fitzgerald said that the case was still very active and that he could not share details of what Patterson had told authorities. He did say that Patterson acted alone and that he had a "very targeted approach and planned out attack" on the family.
From the CNN article I posted -
I did not realize he was talking to LE - so am guessing the additional charges may be based on what he told them? IMO
Same article talks about "red car" - so now I'm wondering if they do have him on video somewhere ?
Answers in Jayme Closs case could come with court appearance, criminal complaint today - CNN

Notice the qtips in the one photo. Doubt those were used for ear cleaning. Have been known to be used with drug paraphanalia.

Some of these headlines, though...:rolleyes: smh

https://nypost.com/2019/01/14/jayme-closss-relatives-ready-to-stare-down-accused-kidnapper-in-court/
Jayme Closs
‘s relatives will be in court Monday afternoon to stare down the man accused of kidnapping the teen after killing her parents.

“My brother and sister will be there to look him in the eye,” Jayme’s aunt, JS, 48, told the Daily Mail about Jake Thomas Patterson’s first court appearance in Barron County Circuit Court.

Patterson, 21, is scheduled to appear by video circuit, as is standard procedure. His lawyers said they asked that he appear in person instead, but the judge denied the request.

JS described the family’s attendance in court as “the next step towards healing.”

“We were advised by agents that this would be a good thing, so yes, some of the family will be there,” said JS, who will not be attending.
I had a feeling they were being advised - I am glad of this.

I totally agree.

I also predict there will be a statement sooner or later saying that it's time to return to regular life and please leave us alone to do that. I hope that the media at that time will feel satisfied with the info/photos already received and will move on.

I think the family is joyful and also so grateful for the support they received from the community and from the public in general. They are expressing that.

I do predict a retreat from the public eye....done on their own time. Good for them.

jmo

I agree. I also think that letting all her friends from school, dance, etc. see that she’s happy and doing well will make it easier for her to resume some of her activities, when she’s ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978