Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could make money thousand ways online, freelance work, teaching gamers,software help, write code.... how he made money is one of 10 questions about this family....

1. How was he supported or making money
2. Was he currently on any medications
3. What cars were at the house/were they in his name.
4. <modsnip>
5. Did his parents ever know the closs family and did his parents ever work @ jenni o
6. Was he adopted or were all family children adopted.
7. <modsnip: sleuthing non POI/suspect not allowed>
8. What age did children start to live there by themselves.
9. Who paid for Shotgun/handgun.
10. When was ammo purchased for the crimes.

Have more than this... but it’s been stated he’s not talking.., i doubt he ever talks unless he gets perks in the greybar Hilton as a trade off...

Plus once they are lawyered up, generally interrogations and questions are over with. I hope Douglas County got some out of him and Barron too if he was still unrepresented. And I hope they have more evidence from this site than they lead us to believe they have from the Closs home.

The pages have flown by where I can't keep up but I have read much of the speculation. To convict this man, Jayme's testimony may be very crucial. From what we understand there is not much evidence from the murders and kidnapping. It remains to be seen, but if they have a few things and find more in Gordon, and the shotgun matches, great--but she, like it or not, can be that added piece, she was in both sites and is an eyewitness to convict. Like it or not, a defense will be mounted if he does not just admit guilt and is sentenced.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
You could make money thousand ways online, freelance work, teaching gamers,software help, write code.... how he made money is one of 10 questions about this family....

1. How was he supported or making money
2. Was he currently on any medications
3. What cars were at the house/were they in his name.
4. <modsnip>
5. Did his parents ever know the closs family and did his parents ever work @ jenni o
6. Was he adopted or were all family children adopted.
7. <modsnip: sleuthing non POI/suspect not allowed>
8. What age did children start to live there by themselves.
9. Who paid for Shotgun/handgun.
10. When was ammo purchased for the crimes.

Have more than this... but it’s been stated he’s not talking.., i doubt he ever talks unless he gets perks in the greybar Hilton as a trade off...

Yes lots of question RB, especially as you've pointed out..when and why were the boys left at that home alone at such a young age? I know the parents divorced, but how is it possible to leave 2 children under the age of 18 to live alone? If true this is completely bizzaro IMO

In some cases, material things in excess but maybe not enough attention. Or they had an overload of both and either way think only their needs and wants matter and no one else does.

I have been thinking about the Menendez brothers for some reason. All we can use is our instincts but those boys were never abused and came across as fake as all get out. Can I know that for sure? Of course not, but I do not buy it and never have. It was a defense.

That was the most fake testimonies I've ever heard.

As a sex abuse survivor for many years myself it made me want to barf at how disengenous it was. To really know about being sexually abused unfortunately you have to live it. They never had and that is why the testimony was so ridiculous.

I think JP may be another entitlement suspect we are seeing more of now.

Why wouldnt he feel entitled to have what he wanted?

Here he is at 21 with a home provided for him. I imagine it will become know his dad paid other living expenses as well plus providing him with vehicles.

His dad probably knew if he didnt provide a roof over his head he would be homeless because from what we have seen he sure didnt believe in getting a job or going to college and providing his own way.

I bet they will find a lot of unnecessary material things though that just let him idle away his time doing nothing productive.

Jmo

Q&A with Sheriff Fitzgerald on Jayme Closs and her return
Kent Erdahl: "Any closer to understanding or revealing, how these two came into contact or how he came to target Jayme?"

Sheriff Fitzgerald: "Still no evidence that shows any connection to any of the Closs family members. I don't know if he just saw her or what the connection is but there's been no contact like everybody thinks."

Kent Erdahl: "What would you tell people who are wanting to know if there's an event or something they can do to celebrate her?"

Sheriff Fitzgerald: "When Jayme wants to have a party, we'll have a party. But not until she wants to have one. But we still need their hope, we still need their prayers. We need Jayme's healing prayers."

Kent Erdahl: "Was there a hardest day, or a hardest moment, through these last three months?"

Sheriff Fitzgerald: "To tell the public that we didn't have any new tips, but we'd been working on it for two months, was very frustrating. But then we went to events like the tree lighting (for Jayme) and that hope and those kids coming up and saying, 'Just find my classmate.' Okay, you just re-sparked me. I'm ready to go. Let's do this."

Kent Erdahl: "Do you believe the community is going to be okay?"

Sheriff Fitzgerald: "Yeah, I know we can do anything now, so taking on this healing process and helping Jayme is going to be simple for us, because I've seen what we can do together."

In reading more about this case I sadly think this is all going to be about a fantasy world that this monster lived in. He doesn't really have an online presence, I don't believe there's anything that substantiates a long term stalking situation, I think this is just a fantasy he had. The fact that JC was unkempt when she was found indicates to me that he didn't know what to do with her once he got her. Mark Fuhrman early on said he felt that the mother was the target, I agree in part. I think the family was the target, I think he fantasized about taking out a family and stealing a child, in a military style operation. He did that, but once he got Jayme to his home I don't think he had planned for how to keep her, I'll bet she wore his clothes because he hadn't planned for that. He may have watched LE to plan this out, but I really think he chose his victim relatively close to Oct 15th.
I don't think he was worried about her grooming. He wasn't interested in her comfort or her feelings except to terrorize her. He could have easily allowed her to bathe and comb her hair, although he probably didn't have shampoo or a comb at the cabin. He probably did what most bald guys and a lot of men with very short hair - just use soap. When he killed her parents, he likely didn't have a lot of concern about her comfort. He may not have stalked her for long, but he did shave his head not to leave DNA behind, so it was planned. I'd like Mark Fuhrman to speak up about the theory he had and what he thinks of it now. MOO.

Edited to correct spelling.

Plus once they are lawyered up, generally interrogations and questions are over with. I hope Douglas County got some out of him and Barron too if he was still unrepresented. And I hope they have more evidence from this site than they lead us to believe they have from the Closs home.

The pages have flown by where I can't keep up but I have read much of the speculation. To convict this man, Jayme's testimony may be very crucial. From what we understand there is not much evidence from the murders and kidnapping. It remains to be seen, but if they have a few things and find more in Gordon, and the shotgun matches, great--but she, like it or not, can be that added piece, she was in both sites and is an eyewitness to convict. Like it or not, a defense will be mounted if he does not just admit guilt and is sentenced.

jmo

Your absolutely correct... think we’re all hoping that all the evidence is overwhelming.. <modsnip: not a known fact>

NO conscience, NO empathy can also develop after traumatic events. I would not be surprised if it comes out that he’s been sexually assaulted.
What is the scientific basis for this (NO conscience, NO empathy can also develop after traumatic events)? Thousands upon thousands of people endure traumatic events yet retain their conscience and empathy. Please clarify.

BBM
I'm not sure what this means? I think JP acted alone in the abduction and the Sheriff said they're not looking at any other suspects at this time.

I think the question is what "gut feeling" Jayme's uncle mentioned in one, maybe two, interviews. In the wake of the apprehension of JTP, I too wonder now what was on his mind.

“but it’s been stated he’s not talking.”

He might not be talking now but I just bet he did lots of talking to Jayme while she was there and I bet she was smart enough to find out everything.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

All that being said, I think the off the cuff answer in the later press conference the other day that he kind of threw out and brushed off that there may have been another job in the area (other than Jennie-O for one day) he did not know for sure struck me as significant, way more than the facts that were given in a more solid manner. I felt it was thrown out there because they do have a clue but did real quickly took another question. I am thinking that from all of us watching several interviews, it is just my instinct and I am probably wrong :(. Tomorrow may be interesting and then again, we may find nothing out but a complaint will be filed.

Everything is speculation. It has been from the start.

<modsnip>

Jayme Closs: Investigators tracking down movements of kidnap suspect
"Well, right now we're looking for 88 days of evidence," Fitzgerald said. "So, we're looking for receipts, where the suspect may have been over the last 88 days. Did he take things with her, did she go with him to the store, did he buy clothes for her, did he buy food," he said.

Investigators also don't know the conditions under which she was kept in the cabin in the remote Wisconsin community of Gordon or how she escaped. It appeared Patterson hid her from his friends and other people, the sheriff said without elaborating.

"All I know is that she was able to get out of that house and get help and the people recognized her as Jayme Closs right away," Fitzgerald said.

Detectives will keep talking to Jayme, but at her own pace, to get more details to help in their investigation.

"When she wants information, we'll give it to her; and when she wants to tell us things, we'll take it from her," he said.

<modsnip: broken quote was removed>

It will be interesting to see the arrests report after the arraignment tomorrow.

For those of you who didn't catch WS'er @Moonsie's incredibly accurate profile of the perpetrator when it was first posted (less than two weeks after Jayme's abduction), here it is........

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

- no drugs/alcohol...very fit (can kick in a door)
- loner, very little contact with anyone (why there are no people coming forward about a change in behavior etc)
- survivalist/minimalist (no problem living in the north woods)
- hunter (saw Jayme as his “prey,” planned the surprise nature of the attack)
- mapped this out over an extended time (stalked home, knew patterns, knew community, knew routines etc)
- worshipped Jayme from afar/no prior interaction with family (perhaps had initial chance sighting at school, running in park etc which grew into an obsession)
- technology averse (preferred cunning, wits, camouflage, hunting psychology etc instead of SM)
- unemployed/lots of time to study Closs home stealthily (may have stalked home unnoticed on multiple occasions)
- “bad” or no relationship with own parents (so no reservations whatsoever about killing parents of Jayme)
- not angry/focused and methodical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member