Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No argument JTP is pure evil. However, do we have any evidence his family knew this? Has there been a report that they had any indication he was not normal? Until we do, I consider his family victims as well. How terrible to wake up to the news your child admitted to 2 counts of intentional homicide and kidnapping. I can’t even...

If there is evidence the family knew, would someone please post the source, I missed it.

Charges: Suspect taped Jayme's hands, ankles, dragged her to car
A jailed Patterson appeared Monday afternoon via video hookup in Barron County District Court, where he heard the charges against him in connection with the deaths of James and Denise Closs and the abduction of Jayme, who sought help along a road near Gordon upon escape.

Judge James Babler agreed with the prosecution and set bail at $5 million for Patterson, pointing out the seriousness of the charges, the prospect of spending life in prison if convicted and the great lengths the defendant went to conceal the crimes while a fugitive. The defense requested an unspecified lesser amount.

Decked in full jail orange, Patterson sat at a table with a member of his defense team to his right and the charging document in front of him over the 9-minute hearing and answered every question from the judge calmly and with full understanding. He sat with his hands folded at his waist, adjusting his glasses and rubbing his face.

Prosecutors also said Monday afternoon that additional charges based on unspecified allegations could be coming out of Douglas County, where the Patterson property is located, before the defendant is back in Barron County Circuit Court in Barron on Feb. 6.

So people other than the legal user dont kill 2 people with it
I'm not sure what you mean by legal user. Just because my husband is the registered owner of a gun doesn't mean I can't shoot it. There are many reasons why people legally cannot be in possession of firearms, but not being the registered owner is not one of them. JP had no criminal record & is 21 years old. To date I have seen no evidence that he could not possess or be near a firearm.

@oceanblueeyes (forgot to include quote)... I think that was his intent and then he was surprised there was no blood on him. I’m guessing (no evidence either way), that means there was not much, if any, on Jayme. I could be wrong here.

Edited to include whom I was speaking to.

No argument JTP is pure evil. However, do we have any evidence his family knew this? Has there been a report that they had any indication he was not normal? Until we do, I consider his family victims as well. How terrible to wake up to the news your child admitted to 2 counts of intentional homicide and kidnapping. I can’t even...

If there is evidence the family knew, would someone please post the source, I missed it.
I agree!

Exactly. Moo.

His son, the cold-blooded killer. Imagine that the dad is also reacting to the info that while he was visiting his son on some Saturdays, Jayme was hidden under a bed in another room. Just unbelievable that JTP had visitors, family over like he was living a "normal" life....like he was the damn king of some country, hosting guests while prisoners were coincidentally in the dungeon and going about his business as if no big deal. JMO
I too can imagine the guilt the father may feel- or any of these visitors in the 88 days? I see many children awaiting the bus on my way to work. Makes me sad thinking there is nowhere safe if there are killers like JP in our midst

He could have brought home something else in that box and then tossed the box later. My basement and garage are full of empty boxes that we pick up at the Dollar General store-condiments, clothing, Kraft mac & cheese, etc. We do a lot of shipping and my mom's a hoarder so we're constantly packing up something. We never saw what was inside of the boxes, we brought them home empty.
AND if this conversation needs to continue, he could have carried things back from his grandparent's in the empty box at Christmas. Or someone else could have use the box when carrying something from the grandmother who passed away. Many possibilities. And since LE stated that Jayme was made to "hold it" when he left the house for long periods of time, diapers on her are not evident.

I distinctively heard the judge say...if you haven't already...you are ordered to give a DNA sample. I'm would hope that's been done!
I should have paid closer attention to my post. It is the actual analyzing of DNA that has to wait for a probable cause hearing since he wasn't arrested on warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho