Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the criminal complaint and am honestly floored. That goes beyond any nightmarish scenario I’ve even imagined. That poor child.

The article stated that more charges will be coming from the other county:

"Prosecutors said they expect to release more information on the case before Patterson’s next hearing on Feb. 6 and that additional charges could be brought in the county where Jayme was held. They gave no details."

Kidnapping suspect targeted girl after seeing her get on bus

My heart aches for all this brave young girl endured. Stay strong Jayme!

IMO JMO MOO

I am confused about something. Denise and Jayme were in the bathtub hiding and Denise had her phone..why didn't she say something? Too scared or too quick..wonder why??

I suspect a combination of Jamey and Denise Closs trying to be quiet and the noise of him trying to smash the bathroom door down. IIRC he had to make multiple attempts before he finally gained access. Jamie and Denise were both in the bathtub with the shower curtain pulled across. It must have been terrifying. They probably hoped he would give up before gaining access.

My son once alerted me around midnight that he had seen someone smash our next door neighbour's window and enter their house. I phoned 999 [UK 911] and was whispering so quietly the operator had to repeatedly ask me to repeat what I was saying. There was absolutely no way the robber could hear me, yet my lizard brain convinced me he might be able to. Denise and Jamie Closs had way more reason to be scared to speak than I did. They both already knew that James Closs had been shot at the door.

Forgive me for saying this outloud. I wondered if she had a miscarriage and he grabbed the first thing he could find on the shelf. All speculation but I recall similar with someone else in another lifetime.

I'm envisioning Jayme, at some point,Googling herself and reading some of the theories and speculations and how she might feel about them.

So far, they haven't released anything to indicate that such a thing took place. We don't even know that she used the items herself, or if the items even made it to his house.

SBM

A little, but not really. Look at all the school shooters who don't have records. Nobody has a record until they commit their first crime. I wouldn't be surprised if he had questionable things in his past, though, or committed crimes that he was never caught for.

(Oh mtn, I could talk about this all day. JP is sooooo “mass-shooterish” to me.)

I’ve been wondering and thinking about the same thing, how could one commit a first crime as brazen and aggressive as this? Well school shooters/mass shooters do it all the time.

(Unfortunately I expect this to be a very bad year in that regard, mass shootings, the numbers are only going up and up moo, just saying because since someone asked about increased violence upstream. As for pedophiles, abductions and other crimes, I’m not sure if there’s increase in that as I haven’t checked the latest stats.)

Last edited:
So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.
In past cases I’ve followed they withold a little info that only the Perp would know. Rules out false confessions I guess?? The legal minds in here would know.

Why they didn’t ask the public for help looking for red or maroon ford tauruses though is beyond me ?????

Can I just add one thing to the endless diaper discussion? I just had a thought. Since Jayme is 13 and no doubt has her period, could JP have bought/acquired the diapers for her to use for this reason, getting the size and product wrong?

He said he yielded....maybe he pulled off the road completely when he heard the sirens in the distance? Poor Jayme, in the truck, hearing the sirens! AUGH.....heartbreakingly scary!

She survived. She survived. She survived.

Is it not in every state that you must stop and pull to the side of the road for police and ambulance?

Just a reminder of how horrible it is when the thread gets shut. Lets not allow that to happen tonight. I know it's been a long and informative day. So much to read and say. So a very respectful reminder to follow rules.

I’m so thankful that Jayme was able to free herself and find help. She is a smart and resourceful young girl.

Is it true that Patterson’s parents divorced in 2008 and left the two boys to live in the cabin? I am hoping that what I have read is incorrect.

This story came from neighbours and it’s actually 2 stories that were Conflated: parents divorced in 2008, mother moved away. Boys stayed with father (allegedly). THEN, at some undetermined point in time, the father also appears to have moved away, ditto older brother.

I know we’re getting sick of the diaper discussion, but I wanted to chime in with one little thing and then I won’t bring it up again: I don’t see the box as being used to bring home other items from the store. When I buy things at Sam’s, the boxes I get to select from are usually boxes that contained individually packaged items available for sale. For example, a box that may have contained cans of peaches, or twelve 6-pack boxes of mac and cheese — in other words, things that removed from the box and put on shelves for sale. I don’t see where the 80 count box contained smaller packages available for sale. Therefore, I’d have to question what happened to all those diapers in the store that the box would be empty?

That said, according to the Sam’s Club website, women’s large diapers would be much, much too large for Jayme. (Think size 16-20 women’s pant size.). It’s quite possible the diaper box was left over from another adult (late grandmother, perhaps?) and only recently placed outside, which would explain why the box looked new. Just my opinion.

I don’t care if I never learn the truth. Jayme is entitled to privacy, IMO.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-fm-undwr-s-m-88-ct/prod21063585.ip?mobiledetect=false#

Interesting that he thought that getting away with it for two weeks meant he was in the clear. Such a lazy, stupid assumption from someone who put a lot of effort into actually committing the crime. Almost like the real pleasure for him was in the planning, and that he never even thought past the moment when he succeeded in abducting her.

I wonder if he had any sort of thoughts on how it would play out in the long term. Did he think that he'd be able to keep her under the bed indefinitely? Until she was old enough to plausibly be his "girlfriend?" Thank goodness the chinks in his armor were a the failure to plan for the long term.

THIS!!

3) This is an unprecedented case and the investigators had nothing like it to compare and offer a useful profile (they didn’t, so that is good).

Bolded and snipped by me...

There are at least 2 cases (right off the top of my head) that are very similar to this (stranger picks child at random, breaks in, kills parents, abducts child, leaves behind little to no evidence) yet one case has never been solved (Short case) and the other was slightly different in that two children were kidnapped instead of one (Groene case). I think this one was particularly hard to profile since she was apparently chosen the old-fashioned way and there wasn't some kind of digital or social media trail.

(Oh mtn, I could talk about this all day. JP is sooooo “mass-shooterish” to me.)

I’ve been wondering and thinking about the same thing, how could one commit a first crime as brazen and aggressive as this? Well school shooters/mass shooters do it all the time.

(Unfortunately I expect this to be a very bad year in that regard, mass shootings, the numbers are only going up and yup moo, since someone asked about increased violence upstream. As for a pedophile abductions, I. Can’t mexessarily say there’s an increase in that but I haven’t checked the latest stats.)
He’s more like a serial killer than a mass shooter (not to say he’s a serial killer, or has many of the same traits).

A serial killer expects to get away with it. A mass shooter doesn’t.

The psychology is very different between the two.

He reminds me of Todd Kohlhepp.

What does an EMPTY box of diapers suggest? Are you claiming they were untouched? The box is empty due to someone using them.

Just one scenario:
JP has grand parents, one of whom may use diapers and may have sent him home after his Christmas visit with some gifts packed in the empty box. We have no way to know, for sure, why the empty box, that at one time held disposable diapers was found outside JP's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel