Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't there a couple people who knew him in high school who said he never spoke to anybody? He sat with a couple of kids at lunch but they never talked? That on the last day of high school someone wanted to take a group picture and he didn't want to be in it or something?
Yes that was said also. It seems like he is a bit of a chameleon as well. Generally one way of projecting himself, but able to adapt if need be. JMO

BBM
That is the key point. And if I'm not mistaken, Sheriff Fitzgerald said that his officers passed no cars on the way to the Closs house on the night of the murders/kidnapping. I don't have time to look for a link, but that is my recollection.
That is correct.....We got told a few whoppers by LE on this one...MOO

This call brought tears many a time. Such heroes and heroines.

Somewhere around 15 to 17 minutes in, there was a remark that when he had people or friends to the home, they did not appear to recognize her or know who she was (paraphrasing). I think there is much we do not know yet. Was he on his own in this.... And did others know? Will we ever know...

Brave girl and awesome people who helped her.

"they did not appear to recognize her or know who she was "

I believe that was "they didn't know who he was". I asked if I'd heard that right a few pages back.

My favorite part of the 911 call was when Mrs. K says something like, "Uh, if you all could get over here quickly then that would be great." (I am paraphrasing.) I bet everyone in that house was terrified while they waited for LE to come and take over. They handled it super well, but could you imagine sitting there and knowing that a stone cold killer could be sneaking around your house, searching for a kidnapping victim that was currently sitting on your sofa? Kudos to them.

My favorite part of the 911 call was when Mrs. K says something like, "Uh, if you all could get over here quickly then that would be great." (I am paraphrasing.) I bet everyone in that house was terrified while they waited for LE to come and take over. They handled it super well, but could you imagine sitting there and knowing that a stone cold killer could be sneaking around your house, searching for a kidnapping victim that was currently sitting on your sofa? Kudos to them.
Yes I just want to say so proud of you Jayme! For every evil person in the world, there are 2 or even 3 good ones (the 3 who helped her) So proud of you too and know you are all part of a miracle

The decision to kidnap and hurt total strangers is not hard for me to believe, but indeed it makes the case very hard to solve. Jayme and her family were in no way connected to JP, so there were few, if any, leads. So I’m trying to gather elements and “red flags” from this case that we could be searched to help in other similar abductions in the future.

• Balaclava
    JP bought a black balaclava at Walmart to prepare for his crime.
    • Item to look for: recent purchases of balaclava (also duct tape, rope, adult diapers) in the area
  • License plates
    JP stole license plates from another vehicle to mask his own car.
    • Item to look for: recent records of such thefts in the area
  • Military
    JP enlisted with the Marines but was discharged after just a few weeks.
    • Item to look for: recent records of abrupt military discharges in the area. Also: local businesses with recent employee firings
  • Bus
    JP spotted Jayme at a bus stop and followed her bus route a few times.
    • Item to look for: did the school bus driver notice a recurring car/driver in the recent weeks?
That’s all I have for now.

Someone made an interesting comment on another site. They said that while we focus a lot on talking about how to prevent such things from happening, we should probably also be talking about what to do if you DO get abducted. We don't know what all happened during those 88 days, but Jayme managed to keep herself alive somehow. We say not to let a perp take you from Point A to Point B, because that decreases your chances of survival, but what about when they DO take you to Point B? What then? This is a conversation I often have with my children.

Aww, everything you said is spot on. Yes Henry, had it not been for him needing a walk it's hard to say how this might have ended. :)
I do have to wonder if Henry sensed something outside. Dogs’ senses can be incredible. I don’t know if my dog can hear my mom 5 minutes down the road on the way to visit or what. But she often knows several minutes before someone arrives that we are having company, even if I don’t know it. So this dog scratched at the door to go out? And then this same dog jumps in Jayme’s lap while they are sitting there waiting for the cops. This dog knows more than we can imagine.

When the call first starts the dog walker is telling the dispatcher that when she encountered Jayme she ran to her saying HE KILLED MY PARENTS, I WANT TO GO HOME. That's from the dogwalker. Radar of course, had to use that as their "hysterical headline."

When the call first starts the dog walker is telling the dispatcher that when she encountered Jayme she ran to her saying HE KILLED MY PARENTS, I WANT TO GO HOME. That's from the dogwalker. Radar of course, had to use that as their "hysterical headline."

The headline also makes it sound like Jayme herself dialed 911 and said those things to the dispatcher.

Latest: $5M cash bail set for Wisconsin kidnapping suspect

"Jake Thomas Patterson wrote in his high school yearbook that he planned to join the Marines after graduation. But military records show he lasted for only about five weeks before being prematurely discharged in October 2015 at the rank of private.

Marine spokeswoman Yvonne Carlock said by email that Patterson's early discharge indicated "the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps' expectations and standards."

- so there was really something off with him. By the way, i woke up to 100 posts more and i cannot keep up. Was the answer to - who called 911 already confirmed (the 911 call from Closs home)????
JC's mom called 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members