Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched John Walsh on GMA and he said in his ten years with Missing and Exploited Children, he doesn't find him seeing her at a bus stop and zeroing in on her all that rare. He stated children are most vulnerable going and coming from school and that there are "bus surfers" who are pedophiles who follow school busses and watch for children.

I don't have a link because I watched this live on TV just now.

Fitzgerald was the primary mouthpiece but I doubt anything he stated was not agreed upon by all the involved LE agencies.
I, for one, don't consider them intentional lies. I think in some cases it is hard to keep facts in mind when the situation is changing rapidly. Just consider this website. Also, we seemed to take any comment from LE as a solid fact ( four/for minutes, 5 feet, red cars and black SUVs to name a few) we put a lot more weight on those comments that LE did when they said them because we have to or what else would we discuss and dissect endlessly. And, I guess I don't feel that LE owes me anything as a member of the general public except to warn me if I am in danger.

Last edited:
Maybe we can get past the headlines and listen to the 911 call. It's was the only way I could bring the 911 call over to the forum thru a link. Sorry about the headlines RADAR used.

No need to be sorry. I tried playing their clip right now and it says, "This video file cannot be played. (Error code: 224003) Wonder if it's just me? IMO JMO MOO

I just watched John Walsh on GMA and he said in his ten years with Missing and Exploited Children, he doesn't find him seeing her at a bus stop and zeroing in on her all that rare. He stated children are most vulnerable going and coming from school and that there are "bus surfers" who are pedophiles who follow school busses and watch for children.

Thanks for that info. I would never thought of that.

I truly admire John Walsh, his show is coming back to the ID channel. I think his other son is going to be on with him. He's done tremendous work for missing children! They were able to turn their tragedy into helping others and I find that amazing beyond words.

Last evening I listened to the 911 call.

I was overwhelmed by the calmness of the 911 operator, Amy Pullen, and how she used her gift to keep the others on the line calm.

Ms. Pullen's reassurances and her clear instructions, along with continuing to ask how everyone was doing, showed how outstanding she is. Her voice was so calm and she explained everything that would happen.

I listened in wonder at the kind and calming voices of the people in the cabin, in the background, as they spoke with Jayme.

They somehow instilled an atmosphere of "normalness" in the situation which was anything but normal.

Even the occasional laughter from them in the background, talking about the dog hopping onto Jayme's lap, may have even kept Jayme from going into shock.

Such an amazing group of people, who, thankfully, found themselves in the midst of a kidnapped girl who courageously escaped and ran for help.

I still find it all astonishing and am deeply grateful, as we all are, how this all came about after Jayme escaped.

Officials release 911 call in Jayme Closs case

Last edited:
Last evening I listened to the 911 call.

I was overwhelmed by the calmness of the 911 operator, Amy Pullen, and how she used her gift to keep the others on the line calm.

Ms. Pullen's reassurances and the clear instructions, along with continuing to ask how everyone was doing, showed how outstanding she is. Her voice was so calm and she explained everything that would happen.

I listened in wonder at the kind and calming voices of the people in the cabin, in the background, as they spoke with Jayme.

They somehow instilled an atmosphere of "normalness" in the situation which was anything but. Even the occasional laughter of them in the background, talking about the dog hopping onto Jayme's lap, may have even kept Jayme from going into shock.

Such an amazing group of people, who, thankfully, found themselves in the midst of a kidnapped girl who courageously escaped and ran for help.

I still find it all astonishing and am deeply grateful how this all came about after Jayme escaped.

Officials release 911 call in Jayme Closs case
Thanks for posting again- i haven't listened to it yet. I'll do this when I'm home tonight. With a box of tissues.

Last edited:

I know I'll never see kids waiting for a bus the same way again. Awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member