Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't know it was a crimes scene at the time. Seems like getting to the house with the emergency call would take precedent since, at that point, they didn't know if the crime was currently in progress-or if there was even one at all. If that car had NOT been involved in the crime and they'd stopped and pulled it over before going to the house, then that would be a whole other can of worms to consider. If I dial 911 then I am hoping that emergency services are coming straight to me-not stopping along the way to hand out tickets for traffic violations.

I have questions about why they didn't mention that vehicle later. However, I guess I'm failing to see the complaints about them not pulling the car over at the time. We have hindsight and information NOW that LE didn't have at the time.
BBM
That is the key point. And if I'm not mistaken, Sheriff Fitzgerald said that his officers passed no cars on the way to the Closs house on the night of the murders/kidnapping. I don't have time to look for a link, but that is my recollection.

Required but he didn’t have one on the front when he pulled over to yield to the police when he was leaving the Closs home with JC in his trunk.

Which...in my opinion should have given them a reason to pull him over. But I am not sure how you delegate emergency or the one car seconds away from a crime scene as more important.

I believe their first priority is to get to the scene of the crime. Not to stop and pull over a car for a license plate violation on the way. Crimes in progress have priority over all traffic violations. The only time they would stop a car heading away from a crime scene would be if it was acting suspicious, and according to the reports, this car was not acting suspicious.

More than likely the cops barely noticed the car. They probably saw the car when they were reviewing the dashcam videos, looking for a suspect.

BBM
That is the key point. And if I'm not mistaken, Sheriff Fitzgerald said that his officers passed no cars on the way to the Closs house on the night of the murders/kidnapping. I don't have time to look for a link, but that is my recollection.
My recollection, too. I’m certainly pro-LE, but i’m Baffled this is the first we’re hearing about. I won’t dwell on it though. She’s safe now!

My recollection, too. I’m certainly pro-LE, but i’m Baffled this is the first we’re hearing about. I won’t dwell on it though. She’s safe now!
You're right, and I'll let it go, too. Still fresh enough -- the revelation -- to be an irritant, but LE will hopefully learn from it and it does my mental health no good to hold a grudge.

You're right, and I'll let it go, too. Still fresh enough -- the revelation -- to be an irritant, but LE will hopefully learn from it and it does my mental health no good to hold a grudge.

And it may be that they spoke with the FBI, or others with more experience, and after the pros/cons were discussed it was decided that putting a BOLO out was not to their benefit in this situation. Maybe it's something they would've done at the press conference they were going to have this week. We've known from the beginning that they had information that they were keeping to themselves so it doesn't surprise me to learn of this, but I do hope it's a question that they address later.

Has it been said when he worked at the cheese place? I am not sure if it's been said and I missed it or it hasn't been said.

They would know who the car belonged to if they had the plate info

The plates were stolen that he had in the car that night. So they would know the identity of the person who stole the plates from.

ETA which would have been difficult to see unless you were right upon them because he had removed the license plate light iirc

Last edited:
Update:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 11am CT) - WI – Jayme L. Closs (13) (missing Oct. 15, 2018, Barron, found alive Jan. 10, 2019, 70 miles away in Gordon), killed James Closs (56) & Denise Closs (46) her parents - *Jake (Jacob) Thomas Patterson (21) arrested & charged (1/10/19) with 2 count of 1st degree intentional homicide, 1 count of kidnapping & 1 count of armed burglary. $5M Cash Bond.
After being read his rights he confessed to killing parents & kidnapping Jayme.
First appearance scheduled for Monday, 1/14.
1/14/19 Update: Public Defender appointed. Bond set at $5M cash. No plea entered. Next Preliminary hearing on 2/6.

The plates were stolen that he had in the car that night. So they would know the identity of the person who stole the plates from.
Yes, and I wonder if they had recovered the stolen plate he apparently did not put on the Taurus correctly if indeed it did fall off. (It could also be that license plate light was disconnected and LE didn't see the plate but it was attached) I wonder if this relates to the address that police went to on dispatch/call log, I know we were trying to find out the relevance of LE being sent to a specific address on the night of the homicides/kidnapping which I won't mention for privacy. MOO

Last edited:
Same here, I think he’s 100 percent full of it.. you got booted from marines and lasted a day at turkey plant... but tell the truth..
He’s angling towards ez mental institution or insanity.... he could do recon work on burner phone or any stolen computer...

How did he not know there’s 2 brothers in basement 6ft 5. Or Rottweilers ...

I think he had a plan ... not buying there’s a random 13 yr old girl that will work... 2 seconds to find denise / jayme online .. he’s saying he didn’t do it ??

Lt. Kenda says when a suspect is willing to talk you better listen because it may be as close to the truth as it will ever get.

I dont know why some seem to have difficulty in believing him when he told LE how he selected his target or insists there has to be more to it when in truth no there isn't more to it on how he said he selected his target. Imo

In fact it is totally consistent with how others have selected their victim at random.

Imo on this part it is exactly how he said.

As I posted previously predators like JP have already long planned it out in their minds and maybe in a journal. All they need to put their fantasies and plans in play is to find and select 'the one' that will become their victim or victims.

When that has been done they carry it out just like they planned.

Duncan already knew Mark (mom's bf) was a very large man and he knew Slade was a large buffed minor. He knew already both males were much larger than him. He also knew before he entered the home where 5 people lived they had two very large pitbulls inside. He knew all of that before going in and none of it made him even hesitate following through with his plan.

He was very proud of everything he had done and told Shasta in great detail about everything he had done before going into her home and when and how he gruesomely murdered three before leaving with his 2 kidnapped children.

I find JP much like Duncan who cant wait to tell what they have done step by step in great detail.

JP is not ashamed or embarassed about anything he has done. He wants the world to know every gory detail.

What he told them will be much longer and in even more graphic detail once it comes to trial. Imo there is much more he told them than what is in the charging documents.

He really isnt all that different when it comes to how he selected his random target and once he had found Jayme he began to put his plan in play just like Duncan and other predators have done.

Predators are opportunistic so they are always randomly looking for 'the one' and what is the most scariest of all it could be any child anywhere at any given time as it often is.

That is why we have seen so many tragic cases of young children being abducted right off busy streets in broad daylight. Some had noticed the child walking alone or playing in their yard. They may have watched them from afar for awhile but many kidnap the child the first time they see they are alone with no one else around.

They have already planned it out what they are going to do even before the kidnapping happens.

JP thinks like Duncan imo. Neither cared about who was inside including dogs.

No matter what it took they were going to kidnap the victims they came there to kidnap.

Murdering innocent people in order to achieve their goal didnt faze either one of them. Murder was just as much a part of the sick deviant twisted thrill at the time as much as the initial kidnapping.

Jmo

Last edited:
IMO it was to pacify him and lull him into a false sense of security. Pretending to pull him over for something other than kidnapping/murder was more likely to put him at ease. Consider the potential convo:

Police: put your hands in the air, you're under arrest for kidnapping Jayme Closs and the murder of...
JP (thinking, well, nothing left to lose): *grabs his gun and starts shooting*

OR

Police: Hey man, did you know you were missing a tail light?
JP (thinking he's dodged the bullet on this one and now feeling confident): Oh, sorry about that. Didn't realize it!
Police: Yeah, step out of the car and come back here to look...
Once JP is out of the vehicle and safely away from any weapons, LE is able to cuff him.

Neither one of those situations happened because, luckily, JP went kind of peacefully even when he suspected that he was being pulled over for Jayme's abduction. Still, LE didn't know it would go down that way.

Good point. And they could have simply lied about the tail light as well.

Thinking back on all the roads this forum went down in search of answers...

- Tainted turkey products...
- Jayme hiding in the woods and eating cat food...
- A road rage incident...
- Someone finding Jayme due to her pictures on SM...
- A creeper from one of her dance recitals...
- Mistaken identity...
- Ex employee getting revenge...
- Jayme's "real" biological father coming to get her and "rescue" her...
- Whisking Jayme off in a boat across the lake...

There were some pretty interesting detours along the way. In the end, the crime was fairly straightforward: creepy man spots girl out in public and decides he wants to kidnap her. That's partly what makes the crime so scary.

He was wearing gloves, so I don’t think DNA was the concern.

I think he either didn’t want to put down the gun, or was lazy.
He was wearing 2 pair of gloves and he did actually put the shotgun down......he's a stone cold killer IMO

From the complaint:

The defendant stated he pulled out a flattened partial roll of black colored Gorilla brand duct tape, handed it to Denise, and told her to place the tape over J.L.C.’s mouth. The defendant stated Denise was struggling to do that and he set the shotgun down on the bathroom sink. The defendant stated he took the tape from Denise and wrapped tape around J.L.C.’s mouth, and completely around her head

Latest: $5M cash bail set for Wisconsin kidnapping suspect

"Jake Thomas Patterson wrote in his high school yearbook that he planned to join the Marines after graduation. But military records show he lasted for only about five weeks before being prematurely discharged in October 2015 at the rank of private.

Marine spokeswoman Yvonne Carlock said by email that Patterson's early discharge indicated "the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps' expectations and standards."

- so there was really something off with him. By the way, i woke up to 100 posts more and i cannot keep up. Was the answer to - who called 911 already confirmed (the 911 call from Closs home)????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member