Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We discussed all of these in the mid-20s of this thread so you're not alone. My theory is that the call didn't come in right away. I think Denise got Jayme into the bathroom and they worked on barricading the door for a minute before the call went out. Still that's only 8-9 minutes and it is definitely a short time to accomplish all of that, but adrenaline and planning, plus a complicit child. He is 6'0" 215 pounds and was obviously able to throw his weight around pretty quickly. But check out pg. 23-25 of this thread for others' thoughts. I'm still catching up on this thread.
Some of us over zealous posters actually mock timed out the actions and you'd be amazed how easily it was to do in that short amount of time. Start a stop watch and set it for 7 minutes, it seems like forever. Your right add in adrenaline and I can see it happening just as he stated. JMO

I think I know why her pics are posted. She lives in a tiny town where she will have to return to school eventually. She will have to leave the house eventually.

There will be tongues wagging. What they are showing is that Jayme is strong, not defeated , loved.

It does not change that some people will be jealous of the attention she receives even though it is for horror.

I am assuming, maybe incorrectly, that they are getting advice from someone who knows what should be done.

@human I absolutely agree. Their approach is paving the way for her to re-enter life in this small town. They are removing the mystique and not allowing "stories" to take root that might otherwise if she were to be kept shrouded in mystery. I grew up in a small town and I think what they are doing is probably a good thing. Hopefully it will take the curiosity down a bit.

The ex-boyfriend of JP's sister sheds a different light on JP than anyone else I have seen interviewed. He also gives more insight into the family dynamics.

'There was something very flat and emotionless about him. There was nothing behind his eyes. I remember feeling that even back then.'

Here: Mother of 21-year-old accused of kidnapping Jayme Closs is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online

I read that after I had posted.

I do believe there were signs and that perhaps someone could have intervened at some point.

Very good points, thank you for bringing them up. I believe it's natural instinct to want to blame some, especially the parents, but this was a 21 year old man <I use the term loosely> and his actions were not the responsibility of anyone except himself.

I had close, successful friends that had 2 sons. One grew up to become a physician and one became a petty criminal and drug addict who overdosed after numerous interventions and many tens of thousands of dollars in the best rehab facilities in the country. Are they to blame?

If every young person who had strange habits or quirks, no job, no initiative, and no criminal record were locked up there wouldn't be enough jails across the country to hold them. Unfortunately this is the case and I'm sorry to say it's so.
I agree. I have also known families whose parents were well known and respected and most of the siblings went on to be successful while one ended up with drug or mental problems, spent time in rehab or jail, and was never able to recover.
It's very common and the parents are not always to blame.

LE had to have reviewed dash-cam footage at some point, right? With so many LE agencies now wearing bodycams, video footage is fast becoming integral evidence in solving cases (or for reviews after the fact of correct police protocol). So, asking isn’t being disrespectful IMO.
We're they equipped with dash cams?

Other than the neighbor's comment is there any other source that says they were in foster care? Why would they go into foster care if both parents are alive, even if not living together? No other available relatives?

Kids with big issues. The relatives cannot or do not want the kids.

Foster care is not free. The parents would have to pay something depending on if they could based on a fee scale

IMO, the details of the car included in the charging document are simply hindsight becoming helpful to substantiate probability that JTP committed the crimes. At the time, the officers didn't think anything of it. After JTP was arrested, the vehicle description gets told to responding officers and suddenly they have an "OH NO!" moment where they put two and two together. That, combined with JC's statement herself that she heard sirens shortly upon leaving the home in the trunk of JTP's car are all just substantiating factors. MOO.

Why not the green Toyota, the blue Chevrolet, the gray Honda, and all of the other cars that were traveling the opposite way. I am still sure that I haven’t gotten the point across that hindsight is 20-20.
Just curious, have you read the Criminal complaint? Have you kept track of this case? Not to be rude, I'm seriously asking.

You asked: Why not a green Toyota? the blue Chevrolet, the gray Honda and all the other cars that were traveling the opposite way?
Well the criminal complaint states that the Taurus was the lone eastbound car that he encountered.

Why is any of this important? Well, all along the Sheriff stated that No cars were encountered on the way to the crime scene.

You are correct, hindsight is 20/20, I have never seen anything look so clear to me

I read that after I had posted.

I do believe there were signs and that perhaps someone could have intervened at some point.

It does make you wonder, but so often people just do not know what to do and they also avoid thinking the worst because they cannot face that their child/sibling/grandchild might have a serious issue.

I think I know why her pics are posted. She lives in a tiny town where she will have to return to school eventually. She will have to leave the house eventually.

There will be tongues wagging. What they are showing is that Jayme is strong, not defeated , loved.

It does not change that some people will be jealous of the attention she receives even though it is for horror.

I am assuming, maybe incorrectly, that they are getting advice from someone who knows what should be done.
Fair enough.

As of now he isn’t charged with any sex crime. I just highly doubt this was some random girl he took.

@human I absolutely agree. Their approach is paving the way for her to re-enter life in this small town. They are removing the mystique and not allowing "stories" to take root that might otherwise if she were to be kept shrouded in mystery. I grew up in a small town and I think what they are doing is probably a good thing. Hopefully it will take the curiosity down a bit.
I have no doubt Jayme's family have the best intentions. They love her it's easy to see. I can't begin to think what would be best in a situation like this. The public has come to love her too and of course we enjoy seeing that she's okay.

I personally might step back now that she's been reunited and on a long journey back to her new normal. A few of the pictures seem sad and like she's tense and tired maybe? I'm just glad she's home.

Curiosity: Eight years of psychology, research, statistics, only to end up in law lol. But it still interests me. Sooo for those saying JP is a sociopath/psychopath what are you basing this on?
The labels of sociopath/psychopath, etc are being easily used but based on criteria and characteristics I don't see it with JP. Even a peripheral glance at the characteristics and criteria I have to stretch to meet even a few characteristics let alone try to back it up with not a history of such but one known instance (which is not permitted). Just sharing this info for anyone interested. Would love to hear honest opinions from those thinking JP fits this mold. Which characteristics and why. Is it enough? TIA

"The Hare PCL-R contains two parts, a semi-structured interview and a review of the subject's file records and history. During the evaluation, the clinician scores 20 items that measure central elements of the psychopathic character. The items cover the nature of the subject's interpersonal relationships; his or her affective or emotional involvement; responses to other people and to situations; evidence of social deviance; and lifestyle. The material thus covers two key aspects that help define the psychopath: selfish and unfeeling victimization of other people, and an unstable and antisocial lifestyle.

The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are:
  • glib and superficial charm
  • grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
  • need for stimulation
  • pathological lying
  • cunning and manipulativeness
  • lack of remorse or guilt
  • shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
  • callousness and lack of empathy
  • parasitic lifestyle
  • poor behavioral controls
  • sexual promiscuity
  • early behavior problems
  • lack of realistic long-term goals
  • impulsivity
  • irresponsibility
  • failure to accept responsibility for own actions
  • many short-term marital relationships
  • juvenile delinquency
  • revocation of conditional release
  • criminal versatility
The interview portion of the evaluation covers the subject's background, including such items as work and educational history; marital and family status; and criminal background. Because psychopaths lie frequently and easily, the information they provide must be confirmed by a review of the documents in the subject's case history.

Results
When properly completed by a qualified professional, the PCL-R provides a total score that indicates how closely the test subject matches the "perfect" score that a classic or prototypical psychopath would rate. Each of the twenty items is given a score of 0, 1, or 2 based on how well it applies to the subject being tested. A prototypical psychopath would receive a maximum score of 40, while someone with absolutely no psychopathic traits or tendencies would receive a score of zero. A score of 30 or above qualifies a person for a diagnosis of psychopathy. People with no criminal backgrounds normally score around 5. Many non-psychopathic criminal offenders score around 22."

ETA: I am not an expert in this field and posted as general information only

Read more: Hare Psychopathy Checklist - define, person, people, used, personality, score, traits, Definition, Purpose

Last edited:
My first post on this thread - although I have read all the posts.

Firstly so, so happy Jayme has been saved (down to her!) and is safe. Thank God someone was looking over her and she had the courage and strength for her escape.

Firstly, I just wanted to say about the Taurus car evidence not being reported to the public - I personally feel that the police knew exactly what they were doing. They are police officers involved with the case and they thought if they did put the info out there, after seeing first hand what happened in the Closs household that it would be so much safer for Jayme not to panic him. If they did say about the car - who knows what the outcome would have been.

I think it was a good thing, he would have panicked I think. I think even though they didn’t know where she was, they had an idea she was alive - and they made him think he had got away with it and they had no clues!

Just my opinion.

Interesting. It says he was visiting his mother when Jayme escaped, and that his mother is a school bus driver.
I wonder where James's mom's bus route was. Did she not live in the town dance class was in?
I read somewhere the school she attended was by a "caretaker's" house, or am I dreaming? Did anyone else see that?

IMO, the details of the car included in the charging document are simply hindsight becoming helpful to substantiate probability that JTP committed the crimes. At the time, the officers didn't think anything of it. After JTP was arrested, the vehicle description gets told to responding officers and suddenly they have an "OH NO!" moment where they put two and two together. That, combined with JC's statement herself that she heard sirens shortly upon leaving the home in the trunk of JTP's car are all just substantiating factors. MOO.

The charging documents indicate that JP said he wrapped it all the way around her head didn't they? But he said he made DC do that as well so maybe he added more? Or maybe we need to go back and review charging documents. What a monster to put them in that situation. It's disgusting. Anybody tht can take a child from her mothers arms is monstrous IMO.

Yes the full complaint says DC was struggling so JP set down the shotgun and took the roll from DC and did it himself, and specifically that he wrapped it "completely around her head." Doesn't sound like that could be true but it seems like a strange detail to embellish (what purpose would that serve) and it seems like an impossible detail to incorrectly recall (given duct tape would not have come out of hair easily) so it just stands out to me.

Maybe I missed something (not reading the whole last thread) but did the cop only remember the Maroon car after-the-fact. Maybe after seeing JTP's car? Was that car description found in any previous documents that may now have been released? I can think of no reason not to release that description, seeing that they released info on two other vehicle types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbhe224