Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. He’d still have a forum during sentencing, and he could stand up and walk the court through his crime.

BTK and Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) did this. I’m not saying that JP is a serial killer, but his psychology may be similar.

He’d still get his moment in the spotlight.

He'd get his moment in the spotlight that way, but only a moment, versus days at least of his crimes being dissected by multiple witnesses on the stand, and being the "star" of a trial.

Based even on just what we know, I also believe he's a sadist as well as a psychopath, and that he is intent upon inflicting as much pain as he can while he still can.

Also...

The defense attorneys said they had an extensive conversation with Patterson in jail, but they declined to reveal anything that was said. They described his demeanor as "appropriate" for a 21-year-old facing such serious charges but didn't elaborate.

They said they understand everyone wants to know Patterson's motivation, and that it will become clear later as the legal proceedings continue, Jones said.

Jayme Closs kidnap suspect's lawyers: Confession problematic for defense
Insanity defense coming ???

Did he say "rather than socialize with family"? Can you find the exact quote because that's interesting if that's the direct quote?

I would also like to add when I read that and then put it together with the daughter's ex-boyfriend's remark that he did not even participate with his own family, siblings older, dad long hours, etc.--it was how I took it. I apologize though for not saying it was not "word for word".

This is not the right news site but is the same quotes I think. He did not say family I guess but I took it to mean, when he saw him, that is when he would see that or know that.

Grandfather: Jake Patterson 'backed off from crowds'

I should have said I was paraphrasing but it is the way I took it.
No problem, I do the same thing! I was just curious how he interacted with and around family and hoping to get some insight.

Wow. He's been to court before so he knows which side is which. Wow.

Did they have a Closs side, and a Patterson side of the court room? I dont know? I think they just asked him to move because most of the seats on the prosecution side were reserved, and they needed room for the press. Correct me if need be.

What were the many signs you've read/heard about that convince you he was "off"?

One of his classmates said he was withdrawn/a loner/pretty silent, but on the other hand, one of his teachers said he was quiet and unremarkable, but DID have friends.

He didn't last through basic training in the Marines, but that could have been for any number of reasons, including an inability/unwillingness to accept authority or just plain laziness, lack of motivation/ self discipline.

He seems to have a horrid work history, but he was only 21, had no special skills, and lived in a very rural area with very few available jobs of any kind, including entry level.

His grandfather said he was played computer games a lot, but that isn't unusual at all for a young man is age (or even older).

I'd be unhappy and likely worried if my own son couldn't get it together better at that age, but without more indications something was seriously wrong, I can't imagine concluding he would be capable of harming anyone, much less of proudly committing horrific crimes against strangers.

What is most scary to me is that the signs don't seem to have been there, at least that we know about so far.

Not sure if you've read all the current media reports and interviews posted previously on this one thread full of great info, but he had a girlfriend when younger ( he and she were Jayme's age now or very close to it). He liked to frighten her by posing dead roadkill he'd found, then permanently preserved ( stuffed).
So, he was in some part of his residence at that time dealing with cleaning all the organic bloody matter out of opossums, raccoons, woodchucks, whatever he chose to " play with", including a dog... Not sure if dog was roadkill or otherwise decapitated, actually, as it's not listed as being roadkill.

She was frightened after he threw the dog's head on her or at her, broke up with him, and in retaliation, he slashed her mother's tires.

Did you see his HS senior class photo? 34 standing, happy pleasant= looking smiling seniors plus one adorable baby together as a group in a classroom, and seated at the very rear of the room, as far away as possible, apart from the group at a table slumped down, scowl on face and book opened on table, is Jake Patterson.
It's the most archetypical anti-social photo which could candidly have been taken of he and his classmates. He's been in his own isolated world for years. It's always really good to read the threads here. I've spent hours reading what I missed yesterday. I've gotten a lot of new info. We have such great sleuths :)

Last edited:
He'd get his moment in the spotlight that way, but only a moment, versus days at least of his crimes being dissected by multiple witnesses on the stand, and being the "star" of a trial.

Based even on just what we know, I also believe he's a sadist as well as a psychopath, and that he is intent upon inflicting as much pain as he can while he still can.
Those guys I mentioned, were every bit as sick as he is. They decided not to go to trial.

He might still be motivated to plead guilty in order to protect his family, or if he isn’t forced to plead guilty to crimes that are especially frowned upon in prison.

We’ll see, it’s early yet.

This:

Defense attorneys for the man accused of kidnapping a Wisconsin teenager and killing her parents acknowledged Wednesday that they're starting the case at a disadvantage after their client gave detectives a detailed confession and said they're not sure he can get a fair trial in the state.

Makes me: want to bang my head against the wall! :mad::mad::mad:
"... in this state." implies to me they think they can get a fair trial in another state. Excuse me Mr. Attorneys, could you perhaps tell us which state that might be???

That bed in the pictures, though, doesn't have a frame. It appears to be a mattress on the floor. ie. no way for anyone to get underneath it.

i agree i don't believe this was the room that she was held captive at all. I was just pointing out that the bins and weights wouldn't be in the picture if infact the leaked photos were taken after the crime scene was processed. Nothing more nothing less

Jayme Closs' Suspected Kidnapper Gave A 'Very Thorough Confession,': Lawyer
Glynn and Jones described PP as a genuinely kind man who feels terrible. They said he didn't know what was going on, even though his son told detectives Jayme was trapped beneath his bed during several visits from his father.

Jayme's grandfather, Robert Naiberg, said Wednesday that he appreciates the father's sympathy.

Naiberg said his granddaughter continues to recover. He said she will permanently live with her aunt and wants to return to school eventually.

"She doesn't want to talk to anybody ... (but her aunt is) bringing her out of her shell slowly," Naiberg said of Jayme.

Did they have a Closs side, and a Patterson side of the court room? I dont know? I think they just asked him to move because most of the seats on the prosecution side were reserved and they needed room for the press. Correct me if need be.
No, but they have a prosecution side(which would be Closs family) and a defense side (which would be Patterson family). It's highly unusual to not sit on the side you are there for.

Did they have a Closs side, and a Patterson side of the court room? I dont know? I think they just asked him to move because most of the seats on the prosecution side were reserved, and they needed room for the press. Correct me if need be.

They didn't ask him to move. He was sitting on the correct side. They asked him if they had anymore people coming, to which he sadly said no. They were trying to accommodate the large numbers of press attending by letting them sit in the section reserved for the P family.

I think I am finally caught up on this thread
Been lots to read and I have formed a few opinions
1. I don’t put a lot of emphasis on the things former friends or GF of JP have to say especially those who have had no contact with him for a long time such as the “time warp” or the killing of animals stories. Seems like in every case some tabloid digs up these kinds of stories from someone
2 I wonder if JP actually had friends come over when he made Jayme hide under the bed or if he just told her that to make himself sound popular. Neighbors have said lots of people coming and going but others have said they didn’t know anyone lived there
3 as for the 2 cars that were initially of interest-I read a few weeks back on a different site that the owner of the black SUV had come forward and reported themselves as being in that area the night of the crime. True? Who knows
4. MOO - I think JP is loving all this attention. He makes my stomach turn

I do not have a "smart phone"......... Does that make me a possible "time warped" future criminal ?.......Pommy, now you got me worried about myself..... I think I hear voices........?? ........MOO
Noooooooooooooo, lol. :p
Insanity defense coming ???
I don't see that, really. Not with the level of pre-planning. One of his attorney's also described his demeanor as "appropriate."
MOO

That bed in the pictures, though, doesn't have a frame. It appears to be a mattress on the floor. ie. no way for anyone to get underneath it.

The bedroom in the photo seemed to be his sister's old room. I think their was a website that mistakenly assumed it was where JC had been locked up, but I believe the criminal complaint said JP had a twin size bed in his room, and we saw no photos of that.

Customarily, relatives of the victim sit behind the prosecutors and relatives of the defendant sit behind the defendant & his attorneys. Since JTP wasn't in the courtroom, it may not have been apparent where to sit prior to the beginning. No doubt seating was at a premium in that facility.

This is bugging me. Why would JP go to such great lengths to cover his tracks before and during the crime, and then be stupid enough to keep all the clothing and boots he wore that night? In the CC, he said he had JC remove her clothes when they got to his house so he could burn them and have no evidence. Why didn't he do the same with his own clothes?? Also, he said he told JC to put on his sister's pajamas - only "human" piece of him I've heard so far. However, we don't really have any way of knowing if that is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T