Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given JP was able to hide a human being in his house for 88 days even though receiving at least weekly visits from his father, I have no doubt he could hide any online activity, if he engaged in it. Using a wifi enabled cell-phone, tablet, or other device (possibly stolen, likely throwaway and/or numerous) one can gain internet access from unsecured and public networks with little to no trace. I wonder if his vehicles or image have been canvassed at public libraries within a 50-100 mile radius of his home. It is not uncommon for public wifi networks to be accessible from parking lots and nearby streets.

LE have vastly more information about the day to day experience at the residence in Eau Claire Acres where JC was held than has been released to the media, so perhaps searching for traces of an online footprint is a wheel-spinning dead-end, as it has been published repeatedly that he had none. It just seems so likely that he was a 4chan/darkweb type of personality who could use that anonymous unfiltered outlet to express his true self (or id-on-steroids projection of his self) without negative consequences and connect with others. I get the strongest sense that something in his life changed after high school that began to reinforce and strengthen the seeds of whatever social/psychological aberration led to the murders, abduction, and imprisonment.

BBM

Indeed, why wouldn't someone who self-identifies as military or survivalist, apply for assistance and advice in the most stealthily cloaked method available to them?
There is a certain sort of scene and traffic surrounding WiFi sources... and it's especially true that those who frequented these locations would recognize the same vehicle or person in that general vicinity, thinking nothing of it.
It would be entirely on these witnesses to go out of their way to inform a variety of departments they'd suspected Patterson to be in these places, by what means would they be motivated into disclosure of uncertain information?

Patterson loathed the larger 'family' of his classmates and local society in general. And yet infinite scraps of history peppering this story, show his desire to fit into the social fabric or relate to them in a certain way; one which only he alone could write.
Not so much as 'belonging', but for participation, for recognition's sake.
Are we to believe that he created an entirely separate reality independent of the one in which we live, and brilliantly thought up all the aspects of the evil fantasy he fulfilled, alone on his own?

Or more likely as per his quest for 'perfectly' performing this heinous crime, sought others' insight to flesh out and fulfill his foulest desires?

How does the coddled golden child rewarded by dint of mere existence, resented by both the former baby of the family and surrogate 'mother' sibling break free from the only achievements allowed, into the larger sphere of life? We know the Patterson's divorce was a terrible shock for their family by the effect both boys' stagnated at the age they were when it occurred; and sought to resolve the loss of former security in despicably horrific ways.

Lol. To go a few more steps OT, I've traveled all over the US and have wandered/been invited into more than a few places with the stuffed dead heads of various animals hanging proudly on the walls.

I've found that it is way more civil, interesting, and rewarding, to ask the owners of the dead heads about the stories of why the heads are on the wall, rather than to judge them for having dead heads on the wall, no matter how alien that is that me.

Oh yeah, that too. In fact,we have a deer head hanging on our office wall. My grandpa shot it and, no kidding, it was willed to me. Seemed rude both to him and the deer to throw it out. My dad shot a bear once, it was attacking his car, and for a while the entire time (all 5 feet of him) stood stuffed in the corner of Dad's house. As a kid, I was terrified to get up and use the bathroom during the night. It's eyes followed...

Taxidermy in general can be both an art form and a cultural thing. And yes, him finding animals that were already dead and stuffing them isn't quite the same as killing and mutilating them himself. This is where I need more information and why that article in particular has me on the fence. Was he really stuffing them because he was interested in taxidermy (and, if so, was he using the proper sanitation and preservation liquids and methods) or was he scraping up dead animals and doing unmentionable things to them? Because there's a big difference there.

I think Gitana has already touched on this, but really, taxidermy is considered not only normal, but an art form in many rural areas all over the US, including in states many think of as "liberal" bastions.

Using animals that are already dead for taxidermy, if that's what he did (unverified), is actually way less objectionable and creepy, from my POV and IMO, than delighting in killing animals then stuffing them.

I completely agree with you about taxidermy. I live in an area where you are more likely than not to walk into a home or business with some taxidermy on a wall or shelf. Its completely normal and in no way suggests anything dark or twisted.

However, if there is any truth to this girl's story, it is still something to be looked into.

Well sure, but my post was aimed at the fact that the size of Barron was stated and that it should have been known all over town. Fact is its over an hour away and no one in Gordon would connect that event to a kidnapping an hour away. Also, stuff like that sometimes happens and no one knows for sure who did it; it could all be speculation. She could be making it all up or it could just be that people are not talking about it. Not altogether uncommon in small towns, either.

I had an ex-boyfriend in high school that I believe tried to kill my dog. I strongly suspect it was him and I have never been able to think of another soul who would have done such a thing. But I will never know for sure who did it. I only told one friend and to my knowledge it never got around our very tiny community.

All this to say, her tires may or may not have been slashed and he may or may not have slashed her tires. I am not yet ready to take this interview as fact. JMO Either way, I don't think that an event like that supposedly happened when he was in the ninth grade (6-7 years ago) that makes a person an automatic suspect in this situation without any other indicators. Again, JMO.

I will agree with your post that if four tires were indeed slashed and had to be replaced that word of that would certainly have gotten around. In the very least a police report should exist because wouldn't you seek for insurance to cover the cost of replacement?

Depemding on the deductible, there may be no coverage.

This happened a few years ago theorectically. It probably was not a top thing in anyone’s mind. Perhaps as people talk among themselves, they will remember more.

The boy who was punched in the nose on the bus! That is temper! And it seems people aren’t remembering that either.

I live in a place where every home seems to have at least one stuffed gopher, beaver, deer head, rabbit, or hawk in the house. It's a thing.
It's predominate where I live,too. Not everyone has them, but it would not be odd at all to walk into any home or business where I live and see multiple.

I will say though, that it is not normal for the average joe to scoop up a roadkill and take it home and attempt to mount it themselves.

Crime
Sheriff defends Jayme Closs 911 response
Posted: Jan 16, 2019 04:53 PM CST
Updated: Jan 16, 2019 04:53 PM CST

Sheriff defends Jayme Closs 911 response

BARRON, Wis. - A Wisconsin sheriff says his deputies did everything they could on the night a 13-year-old girl was abducted and her parents slain.

A criminal complaint says Jake Patterson told investigators he had left Jayme Closs' home with the teenager locked in his trunk Oct. 15 just 20 seconds before he paused to yield to three oncoming squad cars with emergency lights flashing.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said Wednesday that deputies "didn't know what kind of call" they were responding to that night.

Jayme told investigators that her mother called 911 after Patterson fired shots in their home, but that the intruder ordered her to hang up.

Fitzgerald said the Closs home is on a major highway with cars on the road at all hours. He says his department has "excelled" in handling the Closs case and that he plans no changes in how his deputies respond to emergency calls.

It's predominate where I live,too. Not everyone has them, but it would not be odd at all to walk into any home or business where I live and see multiple.

I will say though, that it is not normal for the average joe to scoop up a roadkill and take it home and attempt to mount it themselves.

Right. It's like hunting is very popular here, but if someone went out and scooped up roadkill and brought it home for dinner then we'd all side eye that person. It would not be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieoconnor