Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would at least make more sense. As written, the alleged GF says she has " slept in that home" (weird), eaten in "that home," then, that it wouldn't surprise her if he'd snuck in the house "without Jayme, just on his own" (paraphrasing).

I think that means that he went into the house to look around while Jayme was not there

I feel slashing the tires of his mother’s gf’s care because she broke up with him because of his horrible temper is actually more than “off”. And how he treated his gf is more than “off”.

I am not relying too much on her account as it has yet to be substantiated by anyone else. I am in no way doubting that JP was deeply disturbed, but her story is really detailed and few things seem "off" to me. I am not going off chasing that as fact because as we all know it was printed in the DM, after all. That whole part of it is a wait-and-see for me. JMO

Do you think when he saw Jayme he realized she was in the 13ish age range, or did he think he was kidnapping someone closer to his own age?
She was getting on a school bus when he spotted her. That puts her at very likely younger than 16 years old (not able to drive herself to school). But anyone who is of the age to ride a school bus is quite a bit younger than him.

Stunned that marine exit reasoning isn’t known yet... likely nothing there... but might fill in part of picture...

Read piece below... I’d say the perp checks 2 out of 3 boxes.....

The Top 3 Reasons You Could Fail Basic Training
So would I. No way I would let someone else don't the thinking and simply do as I was told.
I seriously cannot understand why anyone would want to.

If true, yes. But that info comes from a tabloid, isn't verified, isn't particularly credihle, imo, and is counter to other equally unverified accounts of him being absolutely "normal," loving towards his parents, etc.

Do you believe he's normal, then? I'd be fascinated to know why you believe he is. Truly.

If true, yes. But that info comes from a tabloid, isn't verified, isn't particularly credihle, imo, and is counter to other equally unverified accounts of him being absolutely "normal," loving towards his parents, etc.

That's the way I feel about it as well. I actuallythought
I am not relying too much on her account as it has yet to be substantiated by anyone else. I am in no way doubting that JP was deeply disturbed, but her story is really detailed and few things seem "off" to me. I am not going off chasing that as fact because as we all know it was printed in the DM, after all. That whole part of it is a wait-and-see for me. JMO

This is also the way I feel about her account. It may be true, probably is, but I still hesitate to take it without a grain of salt. And actually, the animal thing disturbs me slightly more.

That's the way I feel about it as well. I actuallythought

This is also the way I feel about her account. It may be true, probably is, but I still hesitate to take it without a grain of salt. And actually, the animal thing disturbs me slightly more.

The animal thing is part of what makes me say "Wait..." This girl was supposedly his GF in the 9th grade. The sister's ex gave a pretty credible sounding statement and never mentioned anything like that. If he really was into doing DIY taxidermy on roadkill, I just cannot imagine that this girl in 9th grade was the only one aware. Her account may well end up being true, but I am hanging back on it until I see something else that even halfway substantiates it.

I'm sure he didn't take a break up well either. But am less sure that he slashed the tires of his (alleged) ex's mother's car. Baron is a teeny tiny place. Even if for whatever reason the mom didn't call LE, I'd be willing to bet that at least half of the town's peeps, including teachers, would have heard rumors about it within a few days.

And why do you say that they did not hear the rumors? The article said no other girl would go out with him.

My daughter’s in laws have a lake home in Minong and I have been told some rumors which are not that rumor. Who knows what is true.

The gf said he has a horrible temper. Hm. Seems that way.

I agree, I'm not sure I believe the whole tire slashing thing either. It may be true, but you would think in a small town of only 34 students in the graduating class this would have been the talk of the town. Another thing I'll believe when I see proof.
DM has been able to get some interesting inside info on cases, but this one seems too sensational to believe.

More sensational than a killer enters the home of people he does not know and kidnaps a 13 year old girl?

Court appearance draws a crowd

5c3f6c5a42908.image.jpg

5c3f3c6a6411c.image.jpg

Forty-eight available seats in the Branch 1 courtroom of the Barron County Justice Center were filled long before the 3:30 p.m. hearing for Jake T. Patterson, the 21-year-old Douglas County resident accused in connection with the shooting deaths of James and Denise Closs and the abduction of their 13-year-old daughter, Jayme.
Media descends on Barron again as case breaks

The animal thing is part of what makes me say "Wait..." This girl was supposedly his GF in the 9th grade. The sister's ex gave a pretty credible sounding statement and never mentioned anything like that. If he really was into doing DIY taxidermy on roadkill, I just cannot imagine that this girl in 9th grade was the only one aware. Her account may well end up being true, but I am hanging back on it until I see something else that even halfway substantiates it.

Yeah, I get that. It doesn't help that the publication the interview appears in pays for content. I have no doubt that he probably has some disturbing stuff in his past, but I am also hanging back on it.

More sensational than a killer enters the home of people he does not know and kidnaps a 13 year old girl?
No, tire slashing would certainly not be more than that. But we have proof that two people were murdered and a 13 yr old was kidnapped, we only have the word of a someone who was paid that JP slashed her mother's tires.

I can't speak for @Mom24, but as for myself this young lady just had the most sensational story compared to anyone else and knowing that the DM does pay for its interviews, it just comes off as something that I am not going to completely swallow and go off the deep end with until I see more to substantiate it.

Do you believe he's normal, then? I'd be fascinated to know why you believe he is. Truly.

Um. Normal people don't kill others in cold blood, then kidnap and torture a child.

Not automatically accepting unverified information about this (or anyone else) as truth, put out by anyone, anywhere, much less by a tabloid magazine, has about less than zero to do with my opinion/assessment of him or any aspect of his crimes.

Um. Normal people don't kill others in cold blood, then kidnap and torture a child.

Not automatically accepting unverified information about this (or anyone else) as truth, put out by anyone, anywhere, much less by a tabloid magazine, has about less than zero to do with my opinion/assessment of him or any aspect of his crimes.

Yes. I can believe that he is a murdering psychopath with deep-rooted problems without taking everything that certain paid-for-content ezines publish at face value. Just because I look at their stuff questionably does not mean that I am defending JP or that I don't think the man is crazy and guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamert.ellie