Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Blume on Twitter
DEVELOPING: Douglas County District Attorney’s Office does not anticipate filing a criminal complaint against Jake Patterson in the near future in #JaymeCloss case. This would be for the crimes committed in Patterson's home during 88 day ordeal (1/2)

Paul Blume on Twitter
(2/2) Douglas Co. DA explaining that the existence of other charges & "victim-related concerns" were key factors in his decision. More charges still possible down the road. But clearly none before Jake Patterson returns to court on February 6th in Barron County. #jaymecloss

I hope this means he will plead guilty and have no trial. Waste of money. I hear prison is better than jail so maybe he will want to move on

I hope this means he will plead guilty and have no trial. Waste of money. I hear prison is better than jail so maybe he will want to move on
From the sound of that post, they are referring to specifically what happened in the Closs home. I think they may be keeping the door open to other criminal activities that may have occurred while Jamie was held captive in the cabin located in another district. Just me thinking out loud. IMO

I do believe his room was upstairs. I cannot prove it and have little basis to be sure, but in a home like that the master often is for one thing and sometimes even two bedrooms or a master and den. He/they would be close to the kitchen and so forth. The living area downstairs in the den too looks pretty clean where the living area upstairs has the polish remover, monopoly and other things laying around. It appears if I had to guess they lived mostly on the upper floor.

It does look like there was more "hanging out" done upstairs, what with the larger tv, the books, etc. One of the reasons I was trying to figure out the arrangement of the house. I do think he let her be loose in the house with him a lot. With the windows all uncovered, would he be happier to have her loose upstairs or downstairs? Would other houses or signs of civilization be visible from upstairs? Not sure but imo more likely not visible from downstairs. The trees surround the house pretty well. All I figured out so far would be upstairs: living room area, kitchen, the area with all the lumber piled, and the "blue" room. Downstairs: den, "sister's" room, furnace room, and what the MSM called a wine cellar. (Personally I'm not really picturing a wine cellar there but who knows.) There would need to be at least 2 more bedrooms, maybe more. Didn't I see someplace that it's a 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom house?

(re: death penalty)

They do always seem to fight really hard for their lives. Timothy McVeigh is the only person I can recall that skipped appeals and seem to want the death penalty.

I'm not sure that's always the reason. Yes, a lot of these guys are the kind of thinkers that really don't see other people as real, only they are real, so they of course would fight. But the other kind who would, even if they don't care if they live or die, are those who just want to find a way to continue to jerk others around.

I wonder if we have a bit of a confusion by the press there or a bit of misinformation--it sounds like it all came out of the Gordon House.

If the charges are from the crimes in Barron county, wouldn't the evidence be primarily from Barron county?
As for it being paperwork, I'm sure the majority of it is lab reports from forensic evidence as well as statements from everyone involved.

After watching Conversations with a killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes last night, I was reminded that acetone (nail polish remover) and bleach are common ingredients used in making chloroform. Hmmm... MOO

I use it to take off super glue. It also is good for taking off any kid of stickum residue. Since he said he wrapped the gorilla tape around her head, maybe it was used to help get it off her hair.

I think it's wonderful that the records of what happened while Jayme was in the Patterson house will not be released.

Maybe because I did listen to some of the things the late Ted Bundy said on Netflix, it causes me to wonder: What will keep Jake Patterson from telling HIS version of what happened during that time to a reporter? And if they won't come to the prison, what can keep him from writing it down and sending it to multiple news outlets?
I ask this with great loathing regarding the possibility of something he does from prison hurting Jayme more.

Last edited:
I think it's wonderful that the records of what happened while Jayme was in the Patterson house will not be released.

Maybe because I did listen to some of the things the late Ted Bundy said on Netflix, it causes me to wonder: What will keep Jake Patterson from telling HIS version of what happened during that time to a reporter? And if they won't come to the prison, what can keep him from writing it down and sending it to multiple news outlets?
I ask this with great loathing regarding the possibility of something he does from prison hurting Jayme more.

@SeekingJana : You and I think alike on this. When JP was arrested, I remember some of his first words were, "I did it".

I wouldn't be surprised if he tells (and retells) this story to others while incarcerated, embellishing every ugly detail. And sending it to news outlets is a strong possibility.

Wish we could impose harsh fines on any publisher of this!

I’m not worried about this.

He’d be more than happy to brag about the crime itself. This would be his focus.

Anything that he did to Jayme, would not be a source of pride. He wouldn’t want this exposed, as it would hurt his image.

It also wouldn’t help him in the eyes of his fellow inmates.

He’d be more than happy to brag about the crime itself. This would be his focus.

Anything that he did to Jayme, would not be a source of pride. He wouldn’t want this exposed, as it would hurt his image.

Interesting that you say this. I would have thought the whole escapade would be serious bragging rights to all his prison buddies.

Probably to protect Jayme. It says during the 88 days at the Patterson house.

Hi Mercedes. Would the prosecutors take into account the wishes of JC's family (and perhaps JC herself)
in their decision to not file any charges at this time in Douglas County? I'm thinking that yes they would if it were "sensitive" charges. TIA

Interesting that you say this. I would have thought the whole thing would be serious bragging rights to all his prison buddies.
No. That aspect would be the last thing he would brag about.

If he’s like most other criminals, to include serial killers, this is something that he would emphatically deny.

We got a taste of this in the charging document, when he and Jayme each discussed her possible escape attempts.

She said that he hit him on her back. He said that he yelled and hit the wall (IIRC).

Even this part he is denying, which jibes with what I expect him to do in regards to other, far more grotesque acts.

No. That aspect would be the last thing he would brag about.

If he’s like most other criminals, to include serial killers, this is something that he would emphatically deny.

We got a taste of this in the charging document, when he and Jayme each discussed her possible escape attempts.

She said that he hit him on her back. He said that he yelled and hit the wall (IIRC).

Even this part he is denying, which jibes with what I expect him to do in regards to other, far more grotesque acts.

Thanks for explaining your thoughts. It's always good to get other perspectives, especially in this case.

For future reference if you are interested. Wisconsin Department of Corrections.

DOC Home

Looked at a few of the facilities and surprised at the low percentage of lifers in the system. Also surprising is the number of facilities for a relatively low population state.

So glad the DA is not bringing forth more charges, for Jayme’s sake!
I rarely post here, but I came to say how happy this made me for Jayme today :D
She is free to do as she chooses, in regards to what happened while held captive.
I’m in agreement with other posters here, that while JP admitted to some things, I do not believe he will admit to physically harming a child. MOO

I've read many accounts of perps who make deals and plead out if their sex crimes, especially those done to children, are not charged. It seems that prison is much harder for pedophiles. Their fellow inmates even have a name for them but I forgot it. Someone here will know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member