Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just seems to me if they got close enough to get the gun then they would know where it belonged. if he had discarded it I might see that different. also on the potential that if he got pulled over he was willing to shoot LE how exactly was he going to do that in a car with a long gun....doesn't add up to me. I cant imagine someone using nail polish remover on a firearm, if he hadn't got caught how would he have explained damage on the gun to dad...

only some of that was in reply...I got distracted thinking.

great point there too, you have it right. it does not make sense to clean the gun. if they caught him, they probably would know he used the gun, such a good point. i found it a bit odd early on they were saying he took dad's gun, it almost seemed like protecting dad whether by JTP or LE hard to say..... If dad's gun was always available to him that is a bit different than if he was in Superior and stole it out of dad's house.... But it was so explicit to like not implicate the father, and then the hiding of it in a vehicle as well. But it is all the perp's words wasn't it....?

After watching Conversations with a killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes last night, I was reminded that acetone (nail polish remover) and bleach are common ingredients used in making chloroform. Hmmm... MOO

I think deep down he knows himself...
not the biggest success in life .. and likely would fail or based on history... pull it off for about 2 days... at some point cops would have gun...

Think if Jake didn’t off James right away, there’d have been a struggle at some point...

The only advantage this had was surprise and knowing what he planned and the element of surprise. Otherwise i agree, james and denise would have taken him down, seriously as a mama and papa bear. He is no brilliant anything and never deserves to be looked at as one.

As I have said before if you start a board game where you get all of the pieces on the board and then go look, look, i won?? Well yah....

I still think but for a few things and seconds he would have been caught.

I see no mastermind.

My opinion today anyhow.

I think even though all of the things that can be looked at, including high testosterone, could contribute to aggressiveness and more, it only goes to trying to understand and changes nothing about his guilt.

I do think overall however the standard in the US of mental competency and did they know right from wrong and he clearly did by his actions, and the fact there is evidence it was planned, is a good standard.

While it might help to understand maybe years of his having perhaps a high aggressiveness or something going on, it will only help to understand and perhaps help temper in the future some individuals and not in any defense.

I do get you were not saying that in any way, just talking about what such things can cause, like high testosterone--I am just jumping off the remark a bit.

Because he knew what he was doing. So as far as any sentencing, etc., it makes no difference.

But I, as any of us, would like to understand how such a person who could do such a thing gets to that point.

Since I started the discussion regarding the effects of abnormally high levels of testosterone on aggression in males, I hope you don't mind if I reply to this post.

Your post is kind of hitting on multiple thoughts you had, but I do not think any of us are apologists for Jake Patterson. He IS a self confessed, cold- blooded killer who killed James Closs and Denise Closs with disregard for human life and who brutally and forcefully abducted their minor child, Jayme Closs, and held her hostage for a period of 88 days before she escaped.

Because of these actions, I believe that most people think he deserves the maximum sentence available, life without parole based upon his own confession and physical evidence collected. He is entitled to due process and a jury trial by his peers. I, and I believe all our posters, and everyone who knows about the crimes, are for justice for Jayme and her parents in this case.

Patterson has confessed ( document on page 1 of each thread since the Criminal Complaint was released.) I and I think all our posters would never seek to excuse what he did as there is no excuse but there is also no simple reason in the absence of an undiagnosed rare finding such as a brain tumor.

I think most of us ( us being any persons who know the released content of the Criminal Complaint he signed) believe there are likely MULTIPLE FACTORS which turned a very young man, just barely considered to be an adult in the U.S. in most states, into a violent double murderer and kidnapper.

Respectfully to all males everywhere, we definitely know most men do not do what he has confessed to doing, regardless of their hormone levels or ANY OTHER factor/ factors.
Some posters have speculated and wondered how and why a 21 year old with no prior violent history came to the point of having committed 2 brutal murders and abducting a girl barely in her teens and petite in size. Some posters have speculated and tried to figure out his family dynamics and early life, and I added a bit of clinical info about the role of an imbalance of testosterone, or its component, DHT, plays or can play on male aggression. I think it is rational at this point in time to discuss how and why this young man could do such a thing, and it's become clear that there are likely many factors which turned him from a probably loving young child to a killer in the years of his maturation process.

Grasping a partial understanding of what factors pushed or pulled him to this point at 21 years old with no prior known crimes is not excusing what he did.
Our focus and sympathies lie with Jayme and her parents, but at this point in time and forward, Jayme deserves respect and privacy unless she chooses to speak publicly.
So, in discussing the crime and pre-crime and post- crime aspects, we are discussing the confessed perp. Jake Patterson.

Chili, I always read your posts and respect them. This is a set of unusual criminal actions in many aspects.:cool:

Yup, high levels of testosterone have been linked to both baldness and aggressive, impulsive behavior, but I believe both associations, if they exist at all, are not well understood.
Seems a lot of misunderstanding...

What Specifically Causes Hair Loss?
Hair loss can start as soon as puberty ends, depending on your hereditary sensitivity to DHT. That phrasing is key: Bauman stresses that it is not DHT production that causes hair loss, it's the inherited sensitivity to DHT that causes the loss. Those with high sensitivity will be the first to experience a weakening in their follicles. This results in thinning around the crown and hairline, and lighter pigment in the hair. Behaviors that increase DHT production will magnify the loss depending on sensitivity. These behaviors include smoking, creatine supplements, resistance and weight training exercise, stress, and taking anabolic steroids or testosterone hormone replacement. [bbm] One-fifth of men will experience significant hair loss by age of 20(!), and that percentage grows proportional to age...

How to Know If You Will Go Bald

Since I started the discussion regarding the effects of abnormally high levels of testosterone on aggression in males, I hope you don't mind if I reply to this post.

Your post is kind of hitting on multiple thoughts you had, but I do not think any of us are apologists for Jake Patterson. He IS a self confessed, cold- blooded killer who killed James Closs and Denise Closs with disregard for human life and who brutally and forcefully abducted their minor child, Jayme Closs, and held her hostage for a period of 88 days before she escaped.

Because of these actions, I believe that most people think he deserves the maximum sentence available, life without parole based upon his own confession and physical evidence collected. He is entitled to due process and a jury trial by his peers. I, and I believe all our posters, and everyone who knows about the crimes, are for justice for Jayme and her parents in this case.

Patterson has confessed ( document on page 1 of each thread since the Criminal Complaint was released.) I and I think all our posters would never seek to excuse what he did as there is no excuse but there is also no simple reason in the absence of an undiagnosed rare finding such as a brain tumor.

I think most of us ( us being any persons who know the released content of the Criminal Complaint he signed) believe there are likely MULTIPLE FACTORS which turned a very young man, just barely considered to be an adult in the U.S. in most states, into a violent double murderer and kidnapper.

Respectfully to all males everywhere, we definitely know most men do not do what he has confessed to doing, regardless of their hormone levels or ANY OTHER factor/ factors.
Some posters have speculated and wondered how and why a 21 year old with no prior violent history came to the point of having committed 2 brutal murders and abducting a girl barely in her teens and petite in size. Some posters have speculated and tried to figure out his family dynamics and early life, and I added a bit of clinical info about the role of an imbalance of testosterone, or its component, DHT, plays or can play on male aggression. I think it is rational at this point in time to discuss how and why this young man could do such a thing, and it's become clear that there are likely many factors which turned him from a probably loving young child to a killer in the years of his maturation process.

Grasping a partial understanding of what factors pushed or pulled him to this point at 21 years old with no prior known crimes is not excusing what he did.
Our focus and sympathies lie with Jayme and her parents, but at this point in time and forward, Jayme deserves respect and privacy unless she chooses to speak publicly.
So, in discussing the crime and pre-crime and post- crime aspects, we are discussing the confessed perp. Jake Patterson.

Chili, I always read your posts and respect them. This is a set of unusual criminal actions in many aspects.:cool:

Ditto, I always read your posts and I agree with basically every one of them and that is why I hoped i made it clear i in no way thought that was what you were doing. And you did start the conversation and it is your conversation, so I have no problem conversing with you about it. I jumped off of it for others to clarify my thoughts that I guess so often a mental illness is looked for, or something wrong with regard to using it as a defense. The PT apparently just was given a not mentally able to stand trial kind of thing. People tend to excuse at times (not you or anyone) if a reason can be found, a label, abuse as a child, etc. (Not you or anyone in general but some do). So I jumped off your post to a point to just point out to anyone reading and not commenting, etc., my opinion that it does not excuse it.

My reason was not at you whatsoever, I well knew how you meant it, it was for the few out there and in other forums who MAY think it is an excuse (not you) or for anyone who again reads but does not comment to add the comment that it does not excuse him, etc.

I am one myself who can tend towards sympathy at times and trying to understand and then he is young, 21. So I figure there are others out there that can. So I simply wanted to add to or jump off of your conversation to say it is clear he knew what he was doing was wrong. I then remind myself he clearly had a sense of right or wrong. I figure if I do that, others do as well. I then remind myself of our law and the knowing right from wrong and I tell myself no matter what happened to him, he deserves what he has coming. I have to do that on occasion and so I figure others go through the same, hence my saying so for anyone who ever reads it.

I so agree with you that most everywhere and certainly on here, most people do not think in any way anything excuses what he did.

Again, I just wanted to bring in the other. Because there are those that would use it to excuse. Just like there are people who write letters to known serial killers and excuse their actions.

And again, it was not meant at you in any way. It is for anyone reading it ever. I know in no way did you mean anything that way.

And with that, i will bow out :) I love and appreciate your posts as well.

Yes, I think the boxes will likely contain mostly paperwork regarding discovery, I agree, given that I think a lot of the discovery will a lot. It will be interesting to find out how much if anything is new.

Remember that there was an 88 day investigation before JP was caught. All the leads LE got and how they pursued them will be in the 30 boxes. It won't all be about JP.

Remember that there was an 88 day investigation before JP was caught. All the leads LE got and how they pursued them will be in the 30 boxes. It won't all be about JP.

That is what I think. It came across it was all from Gordon. I think it is the entire investigation. Or tend to think so....

A couple of things.

The kitchen cupboards are white and they look pretty spotless.

Of course we do not see him without a shirt, but he does not look like a six pack abs kind of guy.

He does have barbells in his room.

Maybe he is cut under those clothes but he does not look like a guy who is into serious exercise.

A couple of things.

The kitchen cupboards are white and they look pretty spotless.

Of course we do not see him without a shirt, but he does not look like a six pack abs kind of guy.

He does have barbells in his room.

Maybe he is cut under those clothes but he does not look like a guy who is into serious exercise.

The cabinets strike me too. Most houses/cabin type northwoods places would have oak or pine or some such not white. They don't look expensive but they are not the typical overly done wood look in such a place where the paneling, wainscot etc, is typical.

He me have had barbells but looks like no overly fit guy to me either. From what we can tell... He looks like he feeds himself well and is young enough he has not went to total pot yet in how it shows like it would on someone older....

jmo.

I think his mother remarried in early October. Could this be a trigger point?

don't have a source to quote but some have learned mom was with this guy for some years so JTP clearly knew of him and had spent time around them and him. so unless a marriage license was big deal to him he was no one new to him....

Stephen Kelley on Twitter
BREAKING: The Douglas County District Attorney says he will not issue new charges against Jake Patterson, the man who confessed to kidnapping Barron teen Jayme Closs and killing her parents in October. @WQOW

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter
#Breaking: Douglas Co. DA does not anticipate to file criminal charges against Jake Patterson, he man accused of kidnapping #JaymeCloss. DA said several things considered including other charges already filed in Barron Co. and “victim-related concerns.” @WKOW

Doug Schneider on Twitter
Breaking news on the #JaymeCloss case: The Douglas County District Attorney says it does not anticipate filing a criminal complaint against Jake Patterson in the immediate future, citing "the existence of other charges and victim-related concerns."

Seth Kaplan on Twitter
JUST IN: Charges will *not* be brought against Jake Patterson in Douglas Co. Many legal analysts expected this so that the possible ugly details from what happened to Jayme Closs in that home wouldn't be revealed.

Last edited:
Douglas County Attorney: No charges expected for Jayme Closs' alleged captor
he Douglas County Sheriff’s Office says it does not anticipate filing charges against Jake Patterson, the man accused of kidnapping Jayme Closs and holding her in his home.

Gordon is in Douglas County, but Douglas County District Attorney Mark Fruehauf announced Friday in a release that the decision to not file charges is due to the existence of other charges and “victim-related concerns.”

Charges have already been filed against Patterson in Barron Co., Wis. where he allegedly killed her parents and kidnapped her from her home.

Fruehauf did say his office does “retain the ability to charge Patterson at any time within the statute of limitations for any crime it determines Patterson has committed."

BREAKING: The Douglas County District Attorney says he will not issue new charges against Jake Patterson, the man who confessed to kidnapping Barron teen Jayme Closs and killing her parents in October. @WQOW

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter
#Breaking: Douglas Co. DA does not anticipate to file criminal charges against Jake Patterson, he man accused of kidnapping #JaymeCloss. DA said several things considered including other charges already filed in Barron Co. and “victim-related concerns.” @WKOW

Breaking news on the #JaymeCloss case: The Douglas County District Attorney says it does not anticipate filing a criminal complaint against Jake Patterson in the immediate future, citing "the existence of other charges and victim-related concerns."

Seth Kaplan on Twitter
JUST IN: Charges will *not* be brought against Jake Patterson in Douglas Co. Many legal analysts expected this so that the possible ugly details from what happened to Jayme Closs in that home wouldn't be revealed.
This is wonderful news.

Although the implication is clear (there are grounds for additional charges), this DA intends to protect Jamie from the pain and stress of these other charges being filed.

That’s the right move.

This is wonderful news.

Although the implication is clear (there are grounds for additional charges), this DA intends to protect Jamie from the pain and stress of these other charges being filed.
Agreed. It's also a good indicator that the Barron County case is solid. But we pretty much already knew that, right? ;)
MOO

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter

Seth Kaplan on Twitter

It seems to me the key phrase here is "victim-related concerns". I'm thankful they're keeping Jayme's feelings in mind. He's going to do life without parole for the murders. You can't add anything to that.

Paul Blume on Twitter
DEVELOPING: Douglas County District Attorney’s Office does not anticipate filing a criminal complaint against Jake Patterson in the near future in #JaymeCloss case. This would be for the crimes committed in Patterson's home during 88 day ordeal (1/2)

Paul Blume on Twitter
(2/2) Douglas Co. DA explaining that the existence of other charges & "victim-related concerns" were key factors in his decision. More charges still possible down the road. But clearly none before Jake Patterson returns to court on February 6th in Barron County. #jaymecloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18