Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot imagine why anyone would think that house should not be burned down as firefighter practice.

Reminisce ?

Oh, here is the driveway where he parked the car . The driveway I saw him walking up before he shot my parents. The driveway he dragged me down after killing my parents,

And here is the doorway where my father was lying. And the doorway that I had to walk through after he killed my father. And the bathroom where he shot my mother’s head off.

And of course, the driveway where he watched me get onto the schoolbus.

No way in he** would someone wish to,have those memories

I cannot imagine why anyone would think that house should not be burned down as firefighter practice.

Reminisce ?

Oh, here is the driveway where he parked the car . The driveway I saw him walking up before he shot my parents. The driveway he dragged me down after killing my parents,

And here is the doorway where my father was lying. And the doorway that I had to walk through after he killed my father. And the bathroom where he shot my mother’s head off.

I understand how you feel and how the family may feel about the Closs home. There are financial considerations. I would prefer the sale of the house, reduced probable due to what happened, and the monies go to JC's future. Hoping that the mortgage the parents had has a payoff clause due to death.

Does anyone know Wisconsin courts..
Is there a backlog ???

You have murder weapon, confession,
80 plus pieces of evidence...

As of now, no psych evaluation planned or insanity defense...

Do we have estimated trail timeframe.. 1 yr / 2 yr...?

No expert but I can tell you some things from having seen some things lol.

If they do not intentionally try to delay it (get some distance, crime not so fresh to public, more time in county instead of prison), it would not be unusual to give several months at least to the defense to go through the evidence once they get all of the copies, etc. which I would guess can take some time too. Then there are motions. Things that could delay are firing attorneys (start all over) new attorney asks for time to get up to speed, change of venue or judge possibly could? Arguing motions and dates to do that, like what is allowed for testimony, evidence, etc. and what should not be allowed, like a juvenile record, things in Douglas County, etc., just a guess. I would say if they go to trial, a year would not surprise me.

That is all speculation but not unusual. And yah, then there are each attorney's schedule, the court's schedule, etc. each and every time a hearing needs to be scheduled... Common trick is oh I have a conflict that day... Some of these things even happen in family court cases...

ETA: An expert can feel free to weigh in on this. I am not one.

Reminisce ?

I can think of one good reason. We don't know how much equity they had in the house. It may have been almost paid off. Why throw all that away?
As far as I know it's not common to just burn down a house in which a murder occurred so the fire department can practice. I've never heard of any case in which that occurred.
It's not always true that a house in which a murder occurs does not sell. The people who bought Travis Alexander's house had no idea that a murder occurred there. They had two small children and I doubt anyone said to them, "and here is the shower where his body was dumped." It just doesn't necessarily have to be that way.
Burning the house down could also be looked at as letting the killer "win."
Maybe it would be better to let him know he does not have that kind of control over them anymore. Imo

I can think of one good reason. We don't know how much equity they had in the house. It may have been almost paid off. Why throw all that away?
As far as I know it's not common to just burn down a house in which a murder occurred so the fire department can practice. I've never heard of any case in which that occurred.
It's not always true that a house in which a murder occurs does not sell. The people who bought Travis Alexander's house had no idea that a murder occurred there. They had two small children and I doubt anyone said to them, "and here is the shower where his body was dumped." It just doesn't necessarily have to be that way.
Maybe it would be better to let him know he does not have that kind of control over them anymore. Imo

Sandy hook was fairly new school.... they bulldozed it and made a park... A new school nearby... still seems odd...

I’d say leave to jayme... if it was me... bull doze the home... lots of tress and new curb so blends into town....

Same with Patterson home.. bulldoze and trees...

Over time u wouldn’t notice if done correctly.. she will have enough reminders..
I don’t know logistics cause it’s not public property’s...

My opinion... as always.. would default to her wishes...

I understand how you feel and how the family may feel about the Closs home. There are financial considerations. I would prefer the sale of the house, reduced probable due to what happened, and the monies go to JC's future. Hoping that the mortgage the parents had has a payoff clause due to death.

I hope with life insurance that financial considerations are not necessary along with any fundraisers.

I have read on other sites where people seem to be jealous of the money she is getting. I have some words to say about that but they are not allowed.

With the house gone,there will not be so much of a visible reminder that people can point out.

All the while taxes and insurance has to be paid. Usually insurance on an empty house is very expensive.

I would not want to spend money on that aspect of it either. The taxes and insurance

I am talking about Jayme. She does not need any reminders. Nor does the community need the house for a reminder to it.

Who cares what the murderer thinks.

A man wants a fund raiser to buy the house to demolish it. Good idea. Demolition is expensive. A fire is free.

And I hope the killer’s house is gone as well.

Anyone know if jake committed any other crimes 17 to 20.

It’s odd to shave head junior year in school..
Can’t help but think he’s committed other crimes before oct15th. Double murder kidnapping is unusual starting point.
I believe hair loss accounts for JP's change in hair style.

By all reports, JP had no prior criminal record. School officials also reported JP a good student, and raised no red flags according to the school and/or his peers. Only known report is that JP was deemed unsuitable for the USMC.

I've no doubt, a detached, calculating, shrewd, and manipulative JP has been committing atrocities in his mind long before carrying them out -- and for this, going straight to double murder and kidnapping is no surprise. MOO

Ex-detective: Patterson wasn't on 'anybody's radar'

I am talking about Jayme. She does not need any reminders. Nor does the community need the house for a reminder to it.

A man wants a fund raiser to buy the house to demolish it. Good idea. Demolition is expensive. A fire is free.

Yes, I'm talking about Jayme and all other's who are victims of these types of crimes. In many cases, such as Amanda Berry and many others, they have had a strong desire to show the person that committed the crime against them that they no longer have control over their lives and they are no longer "victims" but are survivors. Some have even faced their captors in court. That's all. It can be healing.
I was not implying that anyone should care what the murderer thinks, or imply that this wasn't about Jayme.
I just feel that it is up to the family to decide what to do with the house, whether they decide to keep it, sell it, or burn it down. Imo

Love and hate, opposite sides of the coin. Indifference , not even giving anyone a second of your time, to me, is the greatest power.

If there is a trial, to me it would great if no one showed up except those who had to.

Yes, I'm talking about Jayme and all other's who are victims of these types of crimes. In many cases, such as Amanda Berry and many others, they have had a strong desire to show the person that committed the crime against them that they no longer have control over their lives and they are no longer "victims" but are survivors. Some have even faced their captors in court. That's all. It can be healing.
I was not implying that anyone should care what the murderer thinks, or imply that this wasn't about Jayme.
I just feel that it is up to the family to decide what to do with the house, whether they decide to keep it, sell it, or burn it down. Imo

She will have the opportunity to face him in court.

Yeah. It's up to the family. They can likely use the money. It's kind of different than the scene of a mass school shooting I think. Different than the ramschavkle Castro house that held such trauma for so many years. Decades.

But who knows what the market is like there.

Anyone know if jake committed any other crimes 17 to 20.

It’s odd to shave head junior year in school..
Can’t help but think he’s committed other crimes before oct15th. Double murder kidnapping is unusual starting point.

IMO, this was his first major crime.
I don't think he murdered or kidnapped anyone before the Closs family.

JMO

I agree with your point. In Toledo, the house where baby Elaina Steinfurth was murdered and her body hidden in the garage was torn down by the city. The community didn't want the reminder and there were back taxes owed so the city foreclosed and demolished it. The entire community of Barron has gone through quite an emotional ordeal. I'm sure whatever decision they make will be the "right" one for Jayme and the community.
JMO

I thought that most places have disclosure laws that require the seller / realtor to divulge information regarding a murder on the property. I'm very surprised that TA's murder was not disclosed to the buyers of his house. MOO

Last edited:
I thought that most places have disclosure laws that require the seller / realtor to divulge information regarding a murder on the property. I'm very surprised that TA's murder was not disclosed to the buyer's of his house. MOO
It all depends on the state. Most states do not require the disclosure of a death, even murder.

It wouldn’t bother me in the least, but I imagine that’s not the case for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway