Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From CRIMEONLINE: ‘Me and Jayme cooked a bunch of stuff’: Jayme Closs’ alleged kidnapper writes jailhouse letter, draws hearts around young girl’s name [Report]
The letter also described how Patterson hated himself for what he did, but he acknowledged his family still supports him. He also reportedly wrote that “not a single” person has sent him hate mail, unless the letters were thrown out by authorities before he could read them.

“I went from never committing a crime or really doing anything bad to doing the worst thing a human can do. Just one big f–k up ha ha.”

See the full letter here (RadarOnline)
View attachment 169698
Interesting letter.

I take his wording to be another admission of guilt. Sounds like he is not in general population. No hate mail surprises me but perhaps it is being withheld?

The hearts around "Jayme" along with his descripion of him and JC cooking together makes me think JP is infatuated with JC. That probably is why JC is alive today. If JP were ever to get out I would fear for Jayme's safety.

Well if this isn’t a bunch of crap!! Obviously someone wrote to him and he is responding-if its even true. He is sicker than I imagined and that’s almost impossible
Not sure if ROL is an approved source-if not Mods please delete

Shocking Jailhouse Letter: Jayme Closs' Kidnapper Reveals Sick Love For Teen!

Quite the over-active imagination there, JP!! I guess I'm not surprised that he's romanticizing the entire thing. Isn't this the same mind-set of stalkers? From the below-linked article:

The intimacy seeker identifies a person, often a complete stranger, as their true love and begins to behave as if they are in a relationship with that person. Many intimacy seeking stalkers carry the delusion that their love is reciprocated. In 2009, country star Shania Twain had a stalker who fit this profile and received numerous love letters from him. He even attended Twain’s grandmother’s funeral without an invitation. The focus of management of intimacy seekers is on the underlying mental disorder coupled with efforts to overcome the social isolation and the lack of social competence that sustains it.

The incompetent subtype like the intimacy seeker, hopes their behavior would lead to a close relationship, satisfying their need for contact and intimacy. However, this type of stalker acknowledges that their victim is not reciprocating their affection while they still continue their pursuit. Mullen views these stalkers as intellectually limited and socially awkward. Given their inability to comprehend and carry out socially normal and accepted courting rituals, the incompetent stalker uses methods that are often counterproductive and frightening. This was seen in 2004 when pop sensation Britney Spears’ stalker sent numerous love letters, e-mails, and photos of himself with frightening notes saying things such as “I’m chasing you.”

In the Mind of a Stalker

From CRIMEONLINE: ‘Me and Jayme cooked a bunch of stuff’: Jayme Closs’ alleged kidnapper writes jailhouse letter, draws hearts around young girl’s name [Report]
The letter also described how Patterson hated himself for what he did, but he acknowledged his family still supports him. He also reportedly wrote that “not a single” person has sent him hate mail, unless the letters were thrown out by authorities before he could read them.

“I went from never committing a crime or really doing anything bad to doing the worst thing a human can do. Just one big f–k up ha ha.”

View attachment 169698

Can this letter be used by the Prosecution? Would it be allowed in as evidence? I wish it had not been sold to Radar and simply posted to the Prosecutor.

What a monster. He thinks what he has done is funny. I don’t understand why anybody would waste their money on postage and their time writing to him.

Can this letter be used by the Prosecution? Would it be allowed in as evidence? I wish it had not been sold to Radar and simply posted to the Prosecutor.

What a monster. He thinks what he has done is funny. I don’t understand why anybody would waste their money on postage and their time writing to him.
I also wonder how this was released. Has to either be from the recipient or from someone within the jail that reviewed it prior to mailing.

I hope so......but I'm not sure this guy doesn't want to brag his "bravado" to the world!

I agree.
This Creep, I think, wishes to let all know, how successful he was, in these actions.
No one suspected him, and he was pleased.
He wants to detail his plan.
He probably will state, he allowed Jayme to leave, as had no further interest in her.
MOO.

I also wonder how this was released. Has to either be from the recipient or from someone within the jail that reviewed it prior to mailing.

Yep it is a leak or from the recipient I would think. Who maybe initiated the contact because the letter seems like a response to someone.... Unless he wants attention my guess is it is the last time he responds to this person as they "sold" his response... Or there was an intent...

May I ask what in the criminal complaint makes you believe it would be a plea deal?

The confession and the evidence that corrobates both the victim's statements and the suspects statements. He gave them direct info as to where items were located. Plus knowing the system the way I do 90% of cases that are charged go to plea. In my experience if he was planning on pleading not guilty and going before a jury he would not have given such a detailed confession. With that being said I never say never to anything because there is always an anomaly.

View attachment 169698
disgusting, but not unexpected from this murdering creeper!

The confession and the evidence that corrobates both the victim's statements and the suspects statements. He gave them direct info as to where items were located. Plus knowing the system the way I do 90% of cases that are charged go to plea. In my experience if he was planning on pleading not guilty and going before a jury he would not have given such a detailed confession. With that being said I never say never to anything because there is always an anomaly.
I agree it's possible about him pleading vs going to trial, but what do you think a plea deal might be? I don't see anything less than LWOP as being acceptable to the Closs family. What could the DA offer him?

I agree it's possible about him pleading vs going to trial, but what do you think a plea deal might be? I don't see anything less than LWOP as being acceptable to the Closs family. What could the DA offer him?

I think too there will be no deal offered at least with regard to time. Yet then I do wonder if you were the family and could avoid a trial and her testimony, would you agree to say 60 years just to put an end it? I do not think I would, however, that is easy for me to say... It would be a really tough call...

IANAL, but IMO it's up to the judge as to whether or not it's admissable. I'm not really sure the prosecution needs it. I could be wrong. And actually, I am still undecided about whether this letter is authentic. Call me a stickler, but I want the envelope and a postmark. :oops:
MOO

I agree it's possible about him pleading vs going to trial, but what do you think a plea deal might be? I don't see anything less than LWOP as being acceptable to the Closs family. What

IANAL, but IMO it's up to the judge as to whether or not it's admissable. I'm not really sure the prosecution needs it. I could be wrong. And actually, I am still undecided about whether this letter is authentic. Call me a stickler, but I want the envelope and a postmark. :oops:
MOO

I have to agree with you somewhat. It is Radar, I think we have been there before. Maybe the deal was no postmark, no name but just as likely it was something he wrote and was never sent. Who knows right?

I am trying to go against my normal brain flow and ask if he was responding to someone what their letter said? He appears to be answering questions. Family supports him even though he does not deserve it. Yes, he went from no bad crime to the worst. He loves animals, does not hunt. Etc., etc. To me it comes across they asked these particular questions...? I suppose you get a lot of hate mail Jake? No not really. Etc.

Is this a person or a reporter? Even if actually sent.... It is also odd to me there is no name in the beginning of the letter, like Hi Janie, thanks for writing....

I have to agree with you somewhat. It is Radar, I think we have been there before. Maybe the deal was no postmark, no name but just as likely it was something he wrote and was never sent. Who knows right?

I am trying to go against my normal brain flow and ask if he was responding to someone what their letter said? He appears to be answering questions. Family supports him even though he does not deserve it. Yes, he went from no bad crime to the worst. He loves animals, does not hunt. Etc., etc. To me it comes across they asked these particular questions...? I suppose you get a lot of hate mail Jake? No not really. Etc.

Is this a person or a reporter? Even if actually sent.... It is also odd to me there is no name in the beginning of the letter, like Hi Janie, thanks for writing....

No signature either was there...?

MOO
Nope not just a stickler, a wise one. The old hinky meter is waving on this letter to me too.

Yep it is a leak or from the recipient I would think. Who maybe initiated the contact because the letter seems like a response to someone.... Unless he wants attention my guess is it is the last time he responds to this person as they "sold" his response... Or there was an intent...

BBM. I think he wants attention. He seems disappointed he is not receiving any hate mail and he wonders if people have forgotten about him. He will probably drag everyone through a trial because he wants to see Jayme again and he wants the attention a trial will bring. I hope he pleads guilty so he can spend his time in a dark cell, forgotten for the rest of his life. Jayme is the one who will be remembered. No one will ever forget her name and her heroic strength to survive and escape her abductor. The monster who murdered James and Denise Closs and kidnapped Jayme is pathetic. He is not even worthy of the infamy of being called a monster. He is an empty shell and a coward. I hope the Closs family sues him in a civil suit as well so he can't make any money while in prison.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member