AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to find stats to support where murder victims are dumped and ran across this instead. A little dated but altogether chilling: Teenage girls were found to be at the highest risk, and the motive in more than two-thirds of homicide abduction cases examined in the studies was sexual. Fifty-three percent of the offenders were strangers, and 39 percent were acquaintances. Virtually all offenders were males, and the great majority were under age 30. Eighty-five percent were unmarried or divorced, and 50 percent were unemployed at the time of the crime. In 58 percent of the homicide abductions, offenders made contact with their victim within one-quarter of a mile of the victim’s home, and in 54 percent of such cases, the murder occurred within one-quarter of a mile of the site of initial contact (Hanfland, Keppel, and Weis, 1997). Strangulation and stabbing were much more common in these abduction homicides than in other types of murders of juveniles. From: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/187239.pdf So if the profile is a single male under 30 and the murder occurred within one quarter mile of initial contact, you'd think we'd have this solved by now. Perhaps she's still alive somewhere....

Does anyone know where the searches took place today? I know we can't discuss what we've read on other forums... so I hope it's ok to say that what I read on one was that they were 5 miles away from the crime scene. Is this true? When the helicopters panned out - omg - the amount of corn fields! Yet they honed in a select few. Perhaps neighbors in those areas heard noises over the past week, tire tracks, etc. I wrongly assumed the searching would be in a controlled area starting at her home and panning out. The helicopters also showed a large creek or river (definition of both depends on where you were raised!). I'd call it a large creek. Fast current. If she is deceased and sadly was placed in said body of water, where does it empty to? I assume they can't dredge it easily and are watching the output areas. Also noticed many marsh bodies of water, smallish, like large ponds, as they panned overhead with the cameras.
The volunteers were divided into 13 groups of approx 150 each. They searched many different areas. There are lots and lots of articles, photos, videos, etc. in the media thread about the searches today. WI - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Consider the source here, but whoah!

Jayme Closs Case Break: Police Receive Chilling Tip Conversation With Strange Man

“You know I hate this area. [There are] just plant jobs. That’s all there is. What do you think about the Jacob Wetterling case? I think I know who did it,” the man continued. “Kids go missing and women go missing all the time. They get taken from their homes or vehicles and are never found. You never know how many bodies a person has. There could be 18 bodies buried across the country and no one would ever know.”

Does anyone know if there's a truck stop nearby?

Jayme Closs Case Break: Police Receive Chilling Tip Conversation With Strange Man

“You know I hate this area. [There are] just plant jobs. That’s all there is. What do you think about the Jacob Wetterling case? I think I know who did it,” the man continued. “Kids go missing and women go missing all the time. They get taken from their homes or vehicles and are never found. You never know how many bodies a person has. There could be 18 bodies buried across the country and no one would ever know.”
Holy cow.

This is 0.2 miles from the Ramblers Rest, sharing the travel plaza I referenced earlier.

<snip>

But why stay for 20 minutes, then? Did Denise just fight like hell and it took that long to murder her and get Jayme out?

Or, alternatively, did Jayme get away herself? Maybe she did take off out back and it took the perpetrator(s) a little while to find her and catch her.

If you work off the theory JC was NOT the original target (this obviously doesn't work at all if she was)...

Maybe they were staying - or almost originally - looking for something in the house and discovered JC in the process and then took her once they stumbled upon her?

(Especially if she possibly heard shots and hid? Or if she's a sound sleeper and as used to them as the neighbors seemed to be, didn't hear the commotion?)

If her parents (for whatever reason) were a/the target and/or they were searching for something, maybe at that point they were in an 'oh dang, someone else is here who might/might not be able to ID / alert LE' they panicked and didn't want to kill a kid and so thought they'd ditch her somewhere after they fled? Or something along those lines?

That is extremely unsettling. Wow.

If you work off the theory JC was NOT the original target (this obviously doesn't work at all if she was)...

Maybe they were staying - or almost originally - looking for something in the house and discovered JC in the process and then took her once they stumbled upon her?

(Especially if she possibly heard shots and hid? Or if she's a sound sleeper and as used to them as the neighbors seemed to be, didn't hear the commotion?)

If her parents (for whatever reason) were a/the target and/or they were searching for something, maybe at that point they were in an 'oh dang, someone else is here who might/might not be able to ID / alert LE' they panicked and didn't want to kill a kid and so thought they'd ditch her somewhere after they fled? Or something along those lines?
And there’s the possibility they had fired all their rounds by the time they found her.

Would think there would be blood evidence of that, as well as shell casings as in the house. jmo

This is true too.. but depending on where someone is shot and at what distance, there may not be much blood. When was the first time it rained after this happened? Do we know?

Thank you. Interesting. I am wondering if the target was Diane why did they take Jayme? Seems they could have, sad as it is, shot her just like they shot her father and been free to take off.
Taking a 13 year old girl is a whole lot of baggage for somebody on the run.

BBM

I tend to agree with you. The only reason someone (likely a male) would take a young teen with him would be for sexual purposes. There have been so many similar crimes in the last decade and they're usually kidnapping young women for sexual purposes, usually a victim who the perp has been watching for some time.

Why would someone go to great lengths and use such violence to kill a sober, middle aged, working class woman who lived a fairly quiet, private life? The father may have owned guns, but the mother likely didn't have enough drugs, money or expensive jewelry, or other possessions to justify such a bold, violent robbery.

They wanted the girl and, JMO, for that reason, she may still be alive.

Radar sensationalizes to the max but I don't discount all there their info. Is Cenex the same Travel Plaza shown in the previously posted maps just minutes away from Barrons First Rambler's Rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim