AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I also agree that during the time before she is found that LE keeps all scenarios on the table as possibilities.

In totality, it’s very sad that any if us are here discussing the double homicide of parents who appear as being hard working, loving and have a beautiful daughter. And as much as I have hope Jayme is alive, I Am in conflicted about her being found alive and well. The odds in these cases are overwhelmingly against a successful end.

I may have to eat those words, but it is just sad.

I was thinking this morning while my house was quiet, with a perfect cup of morning coffee in front of me. What has the world come to when abductions, abuse, murder, crime, political misbehavior, shootings and so many mistruths are so prevelant in our lives?

Where is the goodness and kindness that at onetime was the rule in American life as opposed to the exception? Perhaps my memories have been tainted.

Is it fake news and attention grabbing headlines? I’m going to think about it awhile. But at the end of my day my life may not be perfect, but I have all I need to be very happy. It’s my choice to be positive and grateful.

And most importantly I am deeply humble and grateful for all I have within myself and for all I have around me.

I just want to acknowledge your post and say Thank you! Thank you for reminding me to stop and smell the flowers.

Feeling terrible for all involved- the sheriff, the aunts at the press conference- they kept it together at a time I don't feel most could- your sister and her husband brutally murdered and your niece gone without a trace.Just have to remain blindly hopeful here-hoping that LE have a pretty good idea of what happened and why and hopeful that they just need one more piece to put it all together. Prayers for Jayme-I do so hope she is still here.

Hi PommyMommy... are these donations to go towards a reward or just general donations for the family?
It says the fund was established for the family. JS also said (same article) the family has “no immediate financial needs. I set up the account at Sterling Bank, because a lot of people have offered money, and I just wanted to have a place to put it.”

The reward for information leading to Jayme's whereabouts is $25,000.
JAYME CLOSS

Last edited:
Really, we don't know how long the perp(s) planned to be in the home. I believe they found out about the 911 call happening and that's what motivated them to get out with Jayme. Had someone not dialed 911, we don't really know how long they planned to stay in the home.

A previous poster (possibly in the last thread) mentioned other home invasions like the Pettit family where the perp(s) actually hung around for quite awhile. I still have no idea why this person did this, when exactly it started, etc., but it is possible they could have been in there hours before the neighbors heard the shots, and it is possible they could have planned to hang around even longer and then the 911 call happened.

We know the neighbor heard two loud shots. We don't know if those shots killed anyone. Is it possible they were "warning" shots so the family took the perp seriously and knew they meant business? Or even shots that just injured Denise and/or James? Is it possible that after the perp(s) became aware of the 911 call, they then shot and murdered both parents and grabbed Jayme within a few minutes? Did James find a moment to try and escape/get help during the 911 call by running toward the door and that's when he was shot and killed, so that LE found him in the doorway?

I am just throwing out some other thoughts running in my head. If the 911 call didn't go out at 1253, would the perp have stayed all night doing....whatever he/she/they were doing?

A fund established for the family of the late Jim and Denise Closs, and their daughter, Jayme, could reach at least $30,000 this week, according to a family member.

JS said one donor had already offered $10,000, and has information that Jennie-O Turkey Store, where Jim and Denise Closs were employed, has also been gathering donations.

“I have heard that (the Jennie-O donations) could be at $20,000,” JS said.
Bank account established
Thank you. That is why my fangs were starting to protrude a little.

If the dad was walking up to the house, and he heard or saw something happening to his family, his first response could have been to get in there as fast as possible. As soon as he breaches the door, he gets shot, and drops right there.
To me, this is as good a theory as any other offered here. IMO

IMO that theory doesn't work for me because it doesn't fit with what we know about the position of the body and basic physics of when someone is shot by a gun. Gun shot to torso or head would have pushed his body backwards IMO. How did his feet end up in the ajar door in the scenario of being shot coming in the door? And if you say because he still had one foot outside or was standing on the porch, then why would there not be a shattered glass door behind him with lots of visible blood splatter on it? Sorry, it just doesn't make sense. MOO.

Some were wondering who provided lunch for the volunteer searchers, it was the Salvation Army.

Edit to add a link.:rolleyes: LATEST: Sheriff thanks volunteers in missing girl case
Yes, and I believe a number of local churches as well made sandwiches for the volunteers as well. Maybe the Salvation Army was using the local churches to help prepare the lunches. Just an overwhelming support of the locals to help in any way they can.

I'm woefully behind right now, the threads are moving so fast!
Since it's been so many days with no sighting of Jayme and basing my thoughts on the LE pressers and two thorough searches, it's looking more and more to me that the perp either has her holed up with him somewhere, maybe even still within the county, or he has her in some sort of wilderness situation.

I tend to think that if he is hiding out in the woods (for example) then by now someone, somewhere would have seen him buying supplies. Even if he planned Jayme's abduction in advance he would have had to stock up a lot of supplies, which could have caught a store clerk's attention. He'd purchase camping supplies, lots of water and food and maybe some telltale items like rope and duct tape. And it's getting awfully cold to be in a tent right now.

So is it possible he has her in a cabin that he or his family owns, as others have already suggested? If he's local then it could be mere miles away. Other cases tell us that often perps stay within their "comfort zone," meaning they don't stray too far from familiar areas.

Of course if he's not local then he could be anywhere. IMO LE does have strong leads that they're not sharing (or at least I hope so) but in any case it's been so many days since Jayme disappeared that I can't help but worry about her health and safety. I hope she's not out in some forest eating berries to survive because the selfish perp believes he somehow has a right to hold her hostage.

All this is my own conjecture, again based on pressers, searches and the length of time.

Bring Jayme home!

Sorry I did say 2o17 but can understand the confusion. Apologies.

No problem. The link looks different before hitting enter. Once I hit post reply, I immediately saw that headline could be a problem so I added the edit/note. According to the most recent article, they estimate he had already been dead for a year, putting time of death around 12/2016.

Yes, and I believe a number of local churches as well made sandwiches for the volunteers as well. Maybe the Salvation Army was using the local churches to help prepare the lunches. Just an overwhelming support of the locals to help in any way they can.

Yes, in a world that can sometimes be so dark and horrifying, any and all acts of kindness from total strangers really brightens one's outlook and begs for change. I pray for a better world each and every day. :)

Unsure. I brought up the woman perp theory a few days back. It’s possible. Heck I guess anything is possible. Probable? Likely not. Let’s keep thinking though and see what happens.

I just can’t shake the feeling that they were trying to appeal to a woman today, more specifically, a mom or someone with motherly instincts. No offense to men, but very few would pay attention or care about a specific Starbucks drink, a dog cuddling with a sweatshirt, her going for walks/jogs with another female. That, to me, screams speaking to a female who may respond positively to those thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member