AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fyi, the Starbucks drink the Aunt had can be purchased at most stores (walmart, Target, etc). Its not a drink you specifically have to get from Starbucks. I do feel theres a message behind it though, but I dont know what.

It can be helpful, I think. Feed the bad guy personal information that could be used by him as ways to earn her trust. Bring her things she likes. Now that the information is out there, anyone suspicious will quickly catch someone’s eye by suddenly buying certain products out of their normal routine. It’s usually the small things that catch people, in my opinion.

Does anybody else get the feeling that the aunt’s statement had some hidden meaning?

Yea I did. Like several others in here said at first I thought ok the fbi must think that having the aunt say those things would help humanize her. Something kept bugging me like I was missing something so I watched it a few more times. Now I'm wondering if there were two reasons for saying those things. To humanize Jayme to whoever took her and to let Jayme know that she should humanize herself. Do the same thing...talk about herself with whoever took her. Of course all that assumes she is someplace where she can watch the press conference or at least listen to it somehow.

Apologize in advance if these have been discussed on end and I just missed:

1. With the searches done so far, were they also looking up in the air or just on the ground level? Example: tree houses, forts, tree stands. And hopefully also keeping an eye out for anything lower lying such as deer blinds, duck blinds or any camouflage ghillie tarp against the ground? Since we are in bow season heading to gun, I’d have to suspect there is more movement of hunters readying for their seasons but would give a plausible excuse that it wouldn’t be uncommon to see any of these items - yet it could provide cover if indeed there was a watcher beforehand.

2. The front door being kicked in. If there was a storm or screen door (what I thought the clear glass full panel door I had seen in a picture somewhere on this site), was that held open by something or a person as the door was kicked in? Was it propped opened by either the door closer (be it the traditional slide lock or a touch and hold)? You can do either fairly quietly and I know a lot of people don’t lock their screen doors so it would be easy to check. On top of, I have a youngster who is known to take the pin that holds the closer to the door out so the door swings wide open and then hides the pin on me. Maybe something so little might have a print on it where they might have been more care to conceal.

Again I’m sorry if this has been asked and answered. Just two things that popped into my thoughts.

I think that the person responsible is a male, but there could be females around him, like a mother, sister, aunt, grandmother etc..who might have information or think they do but are afraid to come forward. I would think this presser would definitely help at giving them the push to come forward. JMO

That’s a good point that I didn’t consider

I can't figure out how to make the picture of my fur baby small enough to be my avatar so I can join you all doing so for Jayme.

Anyways, I have been watching to many of those "spouse killing spouse to be with mistress" And "mistress killing husband and his wife because he broke up with her" Kinda shows on Netflix and have a teny tiny wonder if there is a possibility that might be what happened. If so though, I'd think they would figure that out pretty quickly here.

Just worried about Jayme and devastated for the family. Prayers for everyone involved!

Agree. I’m thinking along those lines as a possibility.

I haven't been on WS in a very long time and I tend to be a lurker because I get really overwhelmed with emotions at times. This case just has me so upset. I just wanted to add my 2 cents to some of the posts debating how old Jayme looks or doesn't look, if she has pics somewhere with lipgloss or trying to look enticing. NONE of that matters. She is 13, she is a child. Regardless if she is a young 13 or old 13, she is young and a child. For me, pondering these things makes me feel like if she were posing as I've seen some young girls do, she would somehow be inviting a weirdo to take her. I do not think anyone here is implying that, but it just struck a chord in me as I know there isn't a 13 year old anywhere that isn't a child imo. A naive, shy 13 yr old and a more advanced 13 year old would equally be a victim because they are so young. A child! Hope this makes sense. Going on 2 days of no sleep so apologize if it doesn't and has typos!

I'm woefully behind right now, the threads are moving so fast!
Since it's been so many days with no sighting of Jayme and basing my thoughts on the LE pressers and two thorough searches, it's looking more and more to me that the perp either has her holed up with him somewhere, maybe even still within the county, or he has her in some sort of wilderness situation.

I tend to think that if he is hiding out in the woods (for example) then by now someone, somewhere would have seen him buying supplies. Even if he planned Jayme's abduction in advance he would have had to stock up a lot of supplies, which could have caught a store clerk's attention. He'd purchase camping supplies, lots of water and food and maybe some telltale items like rope and duct tape. And it's getting awfully cold to be in a tent right now.

So is it possible he has her in a cabin that he or his family owns, as others have already suggested? If he's local then it could be mere miles away. Other cases tell us that often perps stay within their "comfort zone," meaning they don't stray too far from familiar areas.

Of course if he's not local then he could be anywhere. IMO LE does have strong leads that they're not sharing (or at least I hope so) but in any case it's been so many days since Jayme disappeared that I can't help but worry about her health and safety. I hope she's not out in some forest eating berries to survive because the selfish perp believes he somehow has a right to hold her hostage.

All this is my own conjecture, again based on pressers, searches and the length of time.

Bring Jayme home!
There is train tracks behind their home. Could have jumped a boxcar.

I'm woefully behind right now, the threads are moving so fast!
Since it's been so many days with no sighting of Jayme and basing my thoughts on the LE pressers and two thorough searches, it's looking more and more to me that the perp either has her holed up with him somewhere, maybe even still within the county, or he has her in some sort of wilderness situation.

I tend to think that if he is hiding out in the woods (for example) then by now someone, somewhere would have seen him buying supplies. Even if he planned Jayme's abduction in advance he would have had to stock up a lot of supplies, which could have caught a store clerk's attention. He'd purchase camping supplies, lots of water and food and maybe some telltale items like rope and duct tape. And it's getting awfully cold to be in a tent right now.

So is it possible he has her in a cabin that he or his family owns, as others have already suggested? If he's local then it could be mere miles away. Other cases tell us that often perps stay within their "comfort zone," meaning they don't stray too far from familiar areas.

Of course if he's not local then he could be anywhere. IMO LE does have strong leads that they're not sharing (or at least I hope so) but in any case it's been so many days since Jayme disappeared that I can't help but worry about her health and safety. I hope she's not out in some forest eating berries to survive because the selfish perp believes he somehow has a right to hold her hostage.

All this is my own conjecture, again based on pressers, searches and the length of time.

Bring Jayme home!
She could be locked up in a house and the murderer is going about his day as usual.

IMO that theory doesn't work for me because it doesn't fit with what we know about the position of the body and basic physics of when someone is shot by a gun. Gun shot to torso or head would have pushed his body backwards IMO. How did his feet end up in the ajar door in the scenario of being shot coming in the door? And if you say because he still had one foot outside or was standing on the porch, then why would there not be a shattered glass door behind him with lots of visible blood splatter on it? Sorry, it just doesn't make sense. MOO.

What if the bullet never exited the body? Then there wouldn’t be shattered glass or tons of blood splatter. If it’s not a shotgun, the body may not blow backwards. He could have collapsed, or tried to move/crawl out of the house.

Reactions: BIC
I just found a question asked on Indeed regarding what the 1st shift hours were. The reply was 6:30-3:30. Presuming they consider Days 1st shift and this would be 6:30am-3:30pm, the next shift would be 3:30pm-12:30am. It has been said that Dad was at work that evening. This would put him getting home minutes before this all took place. Even after the description from the dispatch log, and other discussions here, I still feel dad could have come home to trouble, and possibly have been the one who kicked the door in. Or someone followed him home from work.

OK, but I have some questions about the theory that Dad kicked in the door. Number one, why would he do so without calling 911? Wouldn't he want armed back up to come help him rescue his family?

I can totally understand him not waiting for them to arrive. But I cant understand him kicking in the door and not calling 911 first.

Also, WHY kick it in? Doesn't he have a key?

And isn't that a risky and slow way to gain entrance. Why not smash a rock through a window?

Besides all of that, the way his body was found, seems to show that he was standing, facing the door when he fell backwards. Looks like someone who was shot as they approached the door.

If he kicked in the door, who shot through it?

I just have a hard time working that out, that he came home and kicked in the door. It doesn't seem to fit with where and how his body fell.

And he knows the police station is only 4 minutes away. So why not call for help?

She could be locked up in a house and the murderer is going about his day as usual.
Oh ugh! But yes, it's another possibility IMO, especially if he is local. Nothing out of the ordinary, no missing work. I actually hope he's local because he may eventually talk or his friends may see some red flags about his behavior. MOO.

There is train tracks behind their home. Could have jumped a boxcar.
Highly doubtful. I think he came the same way he left, in a car.

You’re not kidnapping a teen girl, and either disappearing into the woods, or jumping back onto a train with her.

If he came by train, he would have stolen one of the family vehicles. We know that didn’t happen.

As far as I know, we still don’t know if LE or a perp or a victim kicked in the door, correct? We also don’t know if it was shot through? The police log didn’t seem to completely clarify those issues, nor has LE since? I think we may be getting too wrapped up in that. LE could have needed to bust the door in

What if the bullet never exited the body? Then there wouldn’t be shattered glass or tons of blood splatter. If it’s not a shotgun, the body may not blow backwards. He could have collapsed, or tried to move/crawl out of the house.

But if he tried to move/crawl out of the house, how did he end up on his back, with his feet pointing towards the open door?

And what about the bullet holes going through the door? LE says that he was probably shot through the door. It seems that would be something they could tell with forensics.

IMO that theory doesn't work for me because it doesn't fit with what we know about the position of the body and basic physics of when someone is shot by a gun. Gun shot to torso or head would have pushed his body backwards IMO. How did his feet end up in the ajar door in the scenario of being shot coming in the door? And if you say because he still had one foot outside or was standing on the porch, then why would there not be a shattered glass door behind him with lots of visible blood splatter on it? Sorry, it just doesn't make sense. MOO.
We know absolutely nothing about the caliber of gun used, how far into the house he could have made it, where he was shot, how many times he was shot, nothing. Basic physics mean nothing, without these basic facts. This is just a theory, not my theory, but one I agreed with, that I think is possible. What doesn’t make sense to me, is discounting any plausible theory, when there is basically nothing to prove ANY theory. IMO

But if he tried to move/crawl out of the house, how did he end up on his back, with his feet pointing towards the open door?

And what about the bullet holes going through the door? LE says that he was probably shot through the door. It seems that would be something they could tell with forensics.
Shooter could have rolled him over.

They would rush that specific shot for LE if LE asked for it I’m sure. But there’s always a chance they didn’t ask / didn’t need it or... maybe Jayme was absent that day?
Right. I think the OP was talking about photos of Jayme seen on her FB page, wondering if this year's school pic was among them.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member