AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is train tracks behind their home. Could have jumped a boxcar.

This is not something that I feel would be feasible, especially if he had Jayme as a hostage. Jumping a boxcar is much more difficult than it looks in the movies, for one thing. He would needed to have known the train schedule to ensure that there was one going by at that exact time, or it would've been entirely coincidental that one was passing just when he needed to escape. In addition, the train would have to be going at the right speed, would have to have actual boxcars (not all trains do), would have to have one that was actually open, and he would've had to get both him and her on there in a compressed amount of time.

I’m dissecting this, there’s something here hidden behind the words.

Jayme Closs' disappearance sparks $25G reward for information

"Your family and friends miss you so much — your sparkling eyes, your bright smile, your soft little giggles,” Smith said. “Your dog Molly is waiting for you. She’s sleeping in one of your sweatshirts — and will only eat chicken. Grandpa needs new artwork on his fridge. Aunt Susie wants to go jogging in the park with you — and I want that girls shopping date we planned. I even brought your favorite iced coffee with me today.”

"Your family and friends miss you so much — your sparkling eyes, your bright smile, your soft little giggles,” Smith said. “Your dog Molly is waiting for you. She’s sleeping in one of your sweatshirts — and will only eat chicken. Grandpa needs new artwork on his fridge. Aunt Susie wants to go jogging in the park with you — and I want that girls shopping date we planned. I even brought your favorite iced coffee with me today.”
Maybe an over-dissection from me, but the way she says "your dog Molly", instead of just "Molly", is bothering me. Like she's telling that to the perp more than she's telling Jayme.

ETA: not so much bother, but it stands out. Also, this could be for the benefit of the public who might be on the fence about coming forward with tips. Humanizing Jayme for the perp, and anyone who might know something.

Last edited:

Very astute observation. Seeing it written it looks more odd than when spoken.

I don’t get emotionally invested in cases like this. I don’t think about them before bed, and I generally don’t think about them over the course of the day. So what does this statement do for me?

It humanizes her. She feels real to me. I can imagine her doing these things. She isn’t a picture on a billboard, and a still photo on the news.

I think they are speaking to her captor.

I think it’s brilliant.

What if the bullet never exited the body? Then there wouldn’t be shattered glass or tons of blood splatter. If it’s not a shotgun, the body may not blow backwards. He could have collapsed, or tried to move/crawl out of the house.

It would be unusual IMO unless he was shot with something like a BB gun. Anything small enough caliber to not push him backwards would also not be deadly enough to stop him right at the door. And we are not talking about a shot fired from really far away-- the house is not that big. We also have to remember that the LEO first on the scene reported "multiple rounds spent" and elsewhere while talking to the press the sheriff referred to "casings". So we know it wasn't a BB gun nor birdshot that hit James. Where was the shooter when James was shot? Where were the casings found? We don't know exactly, but we can surmise from the context of the dispatch log that the rounds were seen near James as the LEO approached, maybe even some outside on the porch or in the leaves and bushes (metal detectors and rakes were photographed being carried away by crime scene techs). It makes far more sense to me that the shooter was outside on the porch when he fired and James was inside his house answering the door. Nothing we have learned so far fits the scenario of James just walking in and the shooter being elsewhere in the house already. MOO.

To me, those SB bottled coffees are very expensive. The only time I ever bought them was for camping. They don't really need to be refrigerated either, and very easy in the morning to just drink one of those. Do mother's allow children this age to drink coffee? Just asking, I never drank it until I was an adult. I thought coffee might keep kids up at night, make them too hyper.

Last edited:

I’ve been reading this over and over. It seems to me they are really portraying her as a child. The physical description is one used more for a child; not a teen nor an adult. The artwork for the fridge - again, a nod to childhood. This makes me think Jayme was the target. Perhaps they are trying to get the Perp to see her as a child and not “girlfriend” or “mate” material, if you will. JMO

To me, those SB bottled coffees are very expensive. The only time I ever bought them was for camping. They don't really need to be refrigerated either, and very easy in the morning to just drink one of those. Do mother's allow children this age to drink coffee? Just asking, I never drank it until I was an adult. I thought it might keep kids up at night, make them too hyper.
I'm not sure those drinks are any worse for you than soda, and I've never seen a 13 year old who doesn't drink soda.

Also, I started drinking coffee when I was 8, but I'm probably a weirdo.

I’ve been reading this over and over. It seems to me they are really portraying her as a child. The physical description is one used more for a child; not a teen nor an adult. The artwork for the fridge - again, a nod to childhood. This makes me think Jayme was the target. Perhaps they are trying to get the Perp to see her as a child and not “girlfriend” or “mate” material, if you will. JMO
I definitely agree. The picture of innocence.

To me, those SB bottled coffees are very expensive. The only time I ever bought them was for camping. They don't really need to be refrigerated either, and very easy in the morning to just drink one of those. Do mother's allow children this age to drink coffee? Just asking, I never drank it until I was an adult. I thought it might keep kids up at night, make them too hyper.
My youngest daughter just turned 14 and does occasionally drink "coffee", which is usually some type of sweet coffee drink like the SB one. Many of her friends do too, so it is not unusual for this age group.

I wonder if Jayme regularly jogged in the park. If she did, maybe somebody noticed her, and started stalking her. Maybe she always had somebody with her when jogging, leaving no opportunity to abduct her there. I know some people have said, why would the perp go to the house to abduct her, when they can just grab her outside somewhere, but looking at where she lives, there’s probably really no chance to catch her walking anywhere alone. It’s not like she lives in a development, and can just walk to and from a friends house or whatever. Just another thought. IMO

My youngest daughter just turned 14 and does occasionally drink "coffee", which is usually some type of sweet coffee drink like the SB one. Many of her friends do too, so it is not unusual for this age group.
Yup. I did too at that age. It was as much about what it signified (being cool/older) as the effect of caffeine and the taste of sugar.

To me, those SB bottled coffees are very expensive. The only time I ever bought them was for camping. They don't really need to be refrigerated either, and very easy in the morning to just drink one of those. Do mother's allow children this age to drink coffee? Just asking, I never drank it until I was an adult. I thought coffee might keep kids up at night, make them too hyper.
While my kiddos enjoy the occasional treat from Starbucks, it’s never one with coffee in it. I mostly wouldn’t allow it.

My Dad used to make coffee syrup when we were kids. He used strong coffee and sugar and cooked it down to a syrup. We kept it in a bottle in the refrigerator. We would add it to milk instead of chocolate syrup. I also loved coffee ice cream as a child.

I have teens. Yes, this age group drinks coffee and coffee drinks frequently! It’s no worse than soda. I had a friend whose child had ADHD, the doctor recommended the child drink a cup of coffee every morning. The caffeine can help them focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55