AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there’s finally a reward but apparently not from the couple’s long-time employer. Being a large company, I’d have expected them to offer something quickly. If nothing else, it’s always good publicity. So no reward makes me wonder why not. I’ve seen a small local convenience mart pay to ship a murdered clerk’s body across the Atlantic for burial at home (killed on the job). I’ve seen a dress chain pay for an murdered employee’s funeral (not killed on the job). This feels off to me. Anybody else?

Feels VERY off to me... but something about this whole thing seems very off to me since this last presser.... I’ve spent all day trying to play catch up on three threads! Almost there... lol!
I was the first one to mention there was no reward for her... then the next day $1000. Was offered... REALLY? That’s like a kick in the teeth. This $25,000 is better but I just feel like there would be donations pouring in and I would bet my left new knee (I waited 8 years to get a double knee replacement 3 months ago) that Jennie-O has tried to offer up something... but the FBI is holding back... Something just doesn’t sit right... 2 parents are murdered in cold blood... and a barely 13 yr old girl is missing... and the FBI offers up $25k for her location only? Nothing for information on the murders? Nothing on information on what happened to Jayme? I’m just NOT buying it.... they know something!!

Of course I’m covering my booty.... JMHO ;)

I don’t get emotionally invested in cases like this. I don’t think about them before bed, and I generally don’t think about them over the course of the day. So what does this statement do for me?

It humanizes her. She feels real to me. I can imagine her doing these things. She isn’t a picture on a billboard, and a still photo on the news.

I think they are speaking to her captor.

I think it’s brilliant.
I agree that it humanizes her. Actually, it reminds me of someone presenting a brief funeral eulogy. Maybe you’ve seen it happen, when a family member at a funeral describes specific concrete details about the deceased. Things they will always remember. Small but meaningful things. Sometimes, they even address their words directly to the deceased. I imagine JC’s aunt knows the odds are not good that she’ll see her niece alive again.

I’ve been reading this over and over. It seems to me they are really portraying her as a child. The physical description is one used more for a child; not a teen nor an adult. The artwork for the fridge - again, a nod to childhood. This makes me think Jayme was the target. Perhaps they are trying to get the Perp to see her as a child and not “girlfriend” or “mate” material, if you will. JMO
Great observation. Artwork on the fridge is for young elementary school aged children. I don’t recall art being one of her hobbies.

OT...Sorry...but if I try to change my avatar, whatever pic I choose says “too large” even though the one I use now is from same file, same camera...same dog (or cat ) ...:)

I can't tell you why earlier photos worked, and the one you want to use now doesn't, but the reason will be that the image file is too big. I just loaded an avatar for myself to see what the requirements are, and it says to use a file of around 100 pixels by 100 pixels (the number of dots per sq. in). This indicates the quality, or sharpness of the image.

A dog photo taken recently with my phone camera is over 2000 x 2000 pixels. I could enlarge this photo 10 times and it would still look pretty good.

100 x 100 doesn't even look good at 1" square. But reduced to avatar size, it looks alright without slowing the website down.

So you will need to find a way to reduce the size of your image file by lowering the pixels per square in. If you don't see a "reduce image size" type option on your existing picture/camera apps, there are many apps specifically for that purpose. I'd be glad to help more if anyone wants to send me a personal message.

I’m dissecting this, there’s something here hidden behind the words.

Jayme Closs' disappearance sparks $25G reward for information

"Your family and friends miss you so much — your sparkling eyes, your bright smile, your soft little giggles,” Smith said. “Your dog Molly is waiting for you. She’s sleeping in one of your sweatshirts — and will only eat chicken. Grandpa needs new artwork on his fridge. Aunt Susie wants to go jogging in the park with you — and I want that girls shopping date we planned. I even brought your favorite iced coffee with me today.”

I agree with you on this. The words are careful and meaningful and seem very “inside” and personal to Jayme. Also, there is no mention whatsoever of her parents or anything related to them. It also shows fragments of her everyday life before this tragedy and special things - Molly, her artwork, her special coffee drink. My opinion and pure speculation.

I’m dissecting this, there’s something here hidden behind the words.

Jayme Closs' disappearance sparks $25G reward for information

"Your family and friends miss you so much — your sparkling eyes, your bright smile, your soft little giggles,” Smith said. “Your dog Molly is waiting for you. She’s sleeping in one of your sweatshirts — and will only eat chicken. Grandpa needs new artwork on his fridge. Aunt Susie wants to go jogging in the park with you — and I want that girls shopping date we planned. I even brought your favorite iced coffee with me today.”

This paragraph has been on my mind as well...perhaps a ransom note was received & this is a response to it with key words confirming receipt of ransom note “sparkling”, “bright”, “giggles” and locations discussed museum, park, mall, but ultimately mall being the plan and find more info at Starbucks today. Farfetched? Probably. Prayers for Jayme’s swift & safe return. JMO

I agree with you on this. The words are careful and meaningful and seem very “inside” and personal to Jayme. Also, there is no mention whatsoever of her parents or anything related to them. It also shows fragments of her everyday life before this tragedy and special things - Molly, her artwork, her special coffee drink. My opinion and pure speculation.

I don’t find it odd they didn’t mention her parents. Why would they want to remind Jayme of such a terrible thing she witnessed? If she was taken quickly she may have even been hoping her parents could be alive for all we know. Maybe she thinks they could’ve been saved. Also why remind the killers that you know what they’ve done.

This paragraph has been on my mind as well...perhaps a ransom note was received & this is a response to it with key words confirming receipt of ransom note “sparkling”, “bright”, “giggles” and locations discussed museum, park, mall, but ultimately mall being the plan and find more info at Starbucks today. Farfetched? Probably. Prayers for Jayme’s swift & safe return. JMO

This is an interesting take on the statements. I am sure they have more information than they are letting on. For all we know they may even have some sort of proof of life and are treading very carefully with their next moves. The 2000 people search sure made a huge impact in showing the caring community and how many people are out there that really care about Jayme being located. All MOO

This all just seems so complicated. I just saw two grieving aunties who just lost their sister in a gruesome way- in shock, not comfortable being in this situation, coming forward ( one hugging the doggie for any form of comfort) reading that statement, and quickly retreating back inside. I just didn't see or pick up on any hidden meaning.

I don’t find it odd they didn’t mention her parents. Why would they want to remind Jayme of such a terrible thing she witnessed? If she was taken quickly she may have even been hoping her parents could be alive for all we know. Maybe she thinks they could’ve been saved. Also why remind the killers that you know what they’ve done.
Great point, especially your last line. It’s a message to the killer “you can still make this right.”

Of course he can’t, not really. But it takes the focus off of what can’t be changed, and puts it back on what can.

Jayme coming home.

Can we put our profiling hats on and speculate about what we might be looking for in a perp? For instance, what does it mean about the perp that the door was sh
What if the bullet never exited the body? Then there wouldn’t be shattered glass or tons of blood splatter. If it’s not a shotgun, the body may not blow backwards. He could have collapsed, or tried to move/crawl out of the house.

ot in? What does it mean that at least one was tied up for some amount of time? Even what kind of people drive those kinds of cars? I’m thinking the muscle car might lead us to something. I know it’s all just speculation, but that’s just what profiles are.

I think people that drive that tupe
What if the bullet never exited the body? Then there wouldn’t be shattered glass or tons of blood splatter. If it’s not a shotgun, the body may not blow backwards. He could have collapsed, or tried to move/crawl out of the house.
You'd definitely have to pretty much point blank range aim to kill someone with a small handgun that wouldn't produce gun splatter AND kill someone. I think you could put a round or 2 with a .22 and still the person could survive. I just think most people that carry or own a handgun for protection use at least 9mm or .45 for stopping power. And people serious about their home protection own a shot gun or rifle. You're not gonna run around with a shotgun in your car as a norm unless you are looking for overkill. The caliber of the weapon and the gunshot wounds will tell a lot. I'm not seeing someone going to that front door with a handgun in the dark. This person/people came prepared to kill and deliberately brought the weapon to do so. Sorry I'm rambling but you don't carry that kind of weapon in your car or person for self defense. It was planned, personal, or predators on a mission specifically for abduction and torture. Seriously who would open a door that late at night to anyone unless your completely trusted that person with your families life. Look at the Petit murders in CT those sick MFs stalked the girls from the grocery store.

I don’t think it’s odd they were left out but rather very diliberate. They focused on very normal everyday things - sort of like life as usual. MOO

It humanizes her. She feels real to me. I can imagine her doing these things. She isn’t a picture on a billboard, and a still photo on the news.

I think they are speaking to her captor.

I think it’s brilliant.

I disagree with you here, but I can certainly see how that conclusion can be drawn. In my view, stating that the dog only wants chicken wouldn't be speaking to a captor. That's a bit more intimately crafted, IMO. The rest could go either way for me.

JMO.

I disagree with you here, but I can certainly see how that conclusion can be drawn. In my view, stating that the dog only wants chicken wouldn't be speaking to a captor. That's a bit more intimately crafted, IMO. The rest could go either way for me.

JMO.
I’m just stating what it does for me, a very unemotional person.

I don’t know what the specific intent of that statement was, but it does strike a cord.

I think it’s doubtful it would do the same for this guy. And I do think that Jayme is likely dead, regardless of this attempt.

To me, those SB bottled coffees are very expensive. The only time I ever bought them was for camping. They don't really need to be refrigerated either, and very easy in the morning to just drink one of those. Do mother's allow children this age to drink coffee? Just asking, I never drank it until I was an adult. I thought coffee might keep kids up at night, make them too hyper.

BBM. Probably not anymore so than allowing them to have soda. Most kids are given soda and candy at least occasionally as a treat. Those bottled coffee drinks are more like slight coffee flavored milk than real coffee IMO. The sugar content would concern me more than caffeine but all things in moderation. Since she had the coffee drink in front of her at the family event on Sunday, I wonder if a family member brought it for her? Perhaps it was a special treat from her aunt? JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle