AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of folks seem to be focusing on one perp, but LE is looking for two specific vehicles that they feel may be related to this crime. Out of all the other vehicles that night on a fairly busy highway - and at that time of night - those two stood out. Out of all the other vehicles riding through Barron and adjacent communities that night - and at that time of night - those two stood out. Why is that?

JMO.

Vehicles may have been acting suspicious in some way - passing back and forth repeatedly, going very slowly or speeding, etc. It's entirely possible neither vehicle was involved.

Hi, I was under the impression that those 2 vehicles had been verified as belonging to 2 workers at Jennie-O's store/plant. I can't recall where I read that, maybe in Websleuths.

Can anyone else that knows comment on this?

What I believe is that people have gotten confused. Certain vehicles matching the descriptions (such as an orange Charger at JennieO) have been cleared and ruled out. But I have not seen anything g saying that LE is no longer looking for these vehicles. just that certain ones that were identified in tips have been cleared and ruled out.

Every time I’ve checked in on Jayme’s discussion, it has gone to a new numbered thread, but the topic remains the same (gunshots heard and door), so I’m getting lost if I’m reading the same things over and over. I’m so confused. Has there been any other progress since the search?
Haaaa no.

Around and around we go.

Every time I’ve checked in on Jayme’s discussion, it has gone to a new numbered thread, but the topic remains the same (gunshots heard and door), so I’m getting lost if I’m reading the same things over and over. I’m so confused. Has there been any other progress since the search?

No, there's been nothing. Really reminds me of Mollies threads. An insane numbers of posts and threads and we pretty much just rehashed the same information over and over for 3 weeks until LE finally got a break. Hopefully there's a break soon in this case

Those vehicles are still of interest by LE.

Some ppl may have been cleared— as in it wasn’t their car caught on camera. But they’re still looking to identify
According to the Sheriff on Ashleigh Banfield’s show, the Dodge Charger that was parked at the plant was investigated, and the driver cleared of any involvement.

I’m not sure about that second vehicle.

Was this the challenger (charger?) caught on video? Or was it “cleared” as in, not the exact challenger they’re looking for?

According to the Sheriff on Ashleigh Banfield’s show, the Dodge Charger that was parked at the plant was investigated, and the driver cleared of any involvement.

The orange Challenger?

They prioritize them based on what they feel is credible. With the FBI involved, and offices all over the country, they’d be able to check these out fairly quickly.

My relatives in LE have always said the best thing is if a witness can secretly get a cell phone photo of the missing person or the criminal on the run. That will make it quick for LE to decide credibility and make things happen, if so.

Of course you don't want to make it obvious. You cant have a wanted killer seeing you snap his photo at IHOP.

Lots of folks seem to be focusing on one perp, but LE is looking for two specific vehicles that they feel may be related to this crime. Out of all the other vehicles that night on a fairly busy highway - and at that time of night - those two stood out. Out of all the other vehicles riding through Barron and adjacent communities that night - and at that time of night - those two stood out. Why is that?

JMO.

Probably because those were the only 2 vehicles they couldn't clear. It's entirely possible that neither is involved in any way, like LE said they were simply near the area at the time. The perps could have fled on foot. Unfortunately the camera footage is so poor that they couldn't even identify the color of the charger or even the make of the SUV, so im not expecting all that much

That particular Dodge was cleared, but that doesn't mean it was the right car to begin with. I believe LE is still looking for both vehicles of interest.

A 911 call in which people in the background can be heard screaming, "don't do it! Don't do it! Put the gun down!"?
I could see how someone in the heat of the moment could first cracterize this is a murder-suicide deal.

1) LE said the only word they could make out was "help".
2) Dispatcher coded it as a 911-hangup. The first LEO on the scene saw the feet in the doorway and advised dispatch it could be a suicide/attempt, and had her dispatch EMS to stage.

There had to be two distinctive female voices in the call, in order for LE to deduce and be confident that Jayme was at home at the time of murder.

Not sure how they would be confident even then. Could be a female bad guy.

Imo that is when the suspect was able to kick the door open by splintering the area of the door jam where the door lock was located.

The door itself was broken. Appears to be 2" or thicker, solid wood.

I guess it’s possible the call dropped or the phone died. But do you think it more likely that the perp ended the call? Since the call was so short. Would help to know where it was found. And I know we already talked about maybe Denise hiding in bathroom.

Maybe the phone was shot.
There is no LE source saying anyone was in the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801