AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something just hit me, as well.

Many have questioned why the perp(s) would hang around at the house for 20+ minutes after shooting the father, because someone might have heard and called police. Maybe we've missed the obvious - what if the perp had a scanner tuned to the local police frequency? He would have known that no call was made regarding the gunshots and that he had plenty of time. He would also know when the 911 call was made, and if Jayme was hiding and made the call - he would then know that she was in the house.
Very fresh thought. Are there portable scanners that are not too heavy to carry while carrying out all these other acts?

Something just hit me, as well.

Many have questioned why the perp(s) would hang around at the house for 20+ minutes after shooting the father, because someone might have heard and called police. Maybe we've missed the obvious - what if the perp had a scanner tuned to the local police frequency? He would have known that no call was made regarding the gunshots and that he had plenty of time. He would also know when the 911 call was made, and if Jayme was hiding and made the call - he would then know that she was in the house.
Does the scanner show which house the 911 call originated from?

Very fresh thought. Are there portable scanners that are not too heavy to carry while carrying out all these other acts?
There are many stations you can broadcast from your phone... broadcastify is an app I use to listen to scanner, and sitting in the midwest I can listen to a live stream from Atlanta or Dallas or Oakland...

Does the scanner show which house the 911 call originated from?

Assuming the local police don't encode their transmissions (a small town probably wouldn't), then someone with a scanner would have heard the police call that went out. Most likely, the call indicated that someone called from the house.

Something else to think about. For a moment, let's assume that Jayme was the one who called 911, and when she realized the perp knew she was there (either heard her, or had a scanner and heard the police call), she ran out the back door or climbed out a window.

Now what does she do? does she run into the woods, where it could be difficult for someone to catch her in the dark? Does she run for the road, hoping to flag down help? Does she try to hide?

5bd3409686c05.image.jpg

Reward doubles to $50,000 in case of missing girl whose parents were slain

“He said the real challenge for investigators is prioritizing what leads might be most likely to bear fruit. Another challenge is managing it all and making sure that someone takes a look at what is found to try to connect the dots.“

—-This reminds me of something our Late Great Foxfire used to say:
“In order to connect the dots you have to be able to collect the dots.”
@Foxfire

I'm just worried they don't have enough "good" dots to connect.

Something else to think about. For a moment, let's assume that Jayme was the one who called 911, and when she realized the perp knew she was there (either heard her, or had a scanner and heard the police call), she ran out the back door or climbed out a window.

Now what does she do? does she run into the woods, where it could be difficult for
someone to catch her in the dark? Does she run for the road, hoping to flag down help? Does she try to hide?

I'm going to feed off of this idea and bring up something very grim so if you're not in the mood please skip past my comment.

What if Jayme was able to hide for a bit because she was in her room with the dog & the door was shut. Or even if she wasn't able to hide.. could Jayme have been able to escape after being injured? What if she wasn't the target, her parents were, but she was able to hide long enough to call 911. As she is making the call she is attacked and the police hear that commotion. What if Jayme was able to flee the scene and with her adrenaline pumping was able to run fast enough and far enough away and find a really good hiding spot and perished from her injuries there? I know dogs have been out but dogs miss their targets sometimes. They really seem to be focusing on the local area and have really only done one single significant search. But with cold temps and falling leaves she could be hard to find in some of the wooded areas? I don't know, just an idea that might not make a lot of sense.

That makes the presser with her aunts even more confusing but its just something I was thinking about with the whole speculation that she could have been hiding. I still lean towards the suspect being known to at least Jayme, possibly her family too, and I hope that she is alive somewhere.

3 1/2 minutes until police arrive. The perp would run.

I was talking about Jayme. If she escaped from the house, which way would she go? If the perp knew Jayme could identify him, then he'd have little choice but to try to catch her.

From the log transcript... wondering what a “lift assist” is?

I thought they were asking for assistance to lift & load the bodies. (ugh - sorry)

What still seems odd to me is that first they violently forced their way, killing JC, and eventually DC,

We don't actually know the sequence. That seems to fit what we know, but LE has never stated which was killed first.

It doesn't strike me as the sort of vehicle that is going to be good in the snow.

People in Wisconsin that have fun car often park it in the winter and drive a winter beater or something 4wd. Road salt wrecks cars and you don't want that happening to the FUN car.

Why would he go through all that trouble just to risk her being found and identifying him?
Jayme hasn't been found. That is an area of forests, lakes and seclusion. If she were abandoned, the likelihood she would die of exposure at this time of year would be great, imo.

To add to your astute observation, there are also more risks involved if the person breaks a large glass door in order to enter. They risk cutting themselves and leaving their DNA at the scene. JMO.

I think doors like that shatter in millions of pieces as they are safety glasd; not shards

I doubt she typically spent Sunday nights anywhere else but home.

There is the "caretaker" (aunt). If the parents were on different shifts, maybe one got up earlier than she needed to for school, the other needed to sleep in to rest up for work, so she stayed at the aunt's on Sundays. Or sometimes. Or maybe someone had mentioned at the party that she was staying somewhere that night. Or maybe her dad mentioned at work that Jayme was off at family's, and someone thought he meant a longer visit, when he meant just for a couple hours.
There are various possibilities here, which could explain how someone that knew the family could wind up with a kid on their hands that they didn't expect to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag