AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to feed off of this idea and bring up something very grim so if you're not in the mood please skip past my comment.

What if Jayme was able to hide for a bit because she was in her room with the dog & the door was shut. Or even if she wasn't able to hide.. could Jayme have been able to escape after being injured? What if she wasn't the target, her parents were, but she was able to hide long enough to call 911. As she is making the call she is attacked and the police hear that commotion. What if Jayme was able to flee the scene and with her adrenaline pumping was able to run fast enough and far enough away and find a really good hiding spot and perished from her injuries there? I know dogs have been out but dogs miss their targets sometimes. They really seem to be focusing on the local area and have really only done one single significant search. But with cold temps and falling leaves she could be hard to find in some of the wooded areas? I don't know, just an idea that might not make a lot of sense.

That makes the presser with her aunts even more confusing but its just something I was thinking about with the whole speculation that she could have been hiding. I still lean towards the suspect being known to at least Jayme, possibly her family too, and I hope that she is alive somewhere.

Let me suggest a variation on that. Jayme makes the call, then escapes out the back. As she's going out, she hears the perp (who now knows he's out of time) shoot her mother and possibly her dog. (He didn't shoot the dog, but she doesn't know that.) She runs into the woods, and can't find her. Perhaps shouts some threats.

Now, Jayme is alone in the woods, in the dark, and may feel that in trying to call police and/or escaping, she's gotten her mother and dog killed. Further, the perp might be someone known and trusted by the family, or it could be someone she sees as an authority figure. (If the guy had a scanner, he could have been a fireman - for that matter, he could have been dressed as a cop.) At any rate, she is terrified, feels guilty and has no idea who she can trust. Is there any remote chance she might be in hiding, maybe with a teen that she knows from school or activities helping her by providing food, blankets and/or a hiding spot? Could that be part of the reason for the aunt showing the dog and saying he missed her?

There is the "caretaker" (aunt). If the parents were on different shifts, maybe one got up earlier than she needed to for school, the other needed to sleep in to rest up for work, so she stayed at the aunt's on Sundays. Or sometimes. Or maybe someone had mentioned at the party that she was staying somewhere that night. Or maybe her dad mentioned at work that Jayme was off at family's, and someone thought he meant a longer visit, when he meant just for a couple hours.
There are various possibilities here, which could explain how someone that knew the family could wind up with a kid on their hands that they didn't expect to.
I've seen nothing to suggest Jayme was not supposed to be at her home that night. JMO

Some automobile specifications:

Dodge Challenger 2009 vehicle of interest versus Chevy Monte Carlo 2000 vehicle pulled from river in Oshkosh (used first type of each model)

Length 197.7 in versus 197.9 in
Width 75.7 in versus 72.7 in
Height 57.1 in versus 55.2 in
Wheelbase 116 in versus 110.5 in

Source, searchable database:
www.automobile-catalog.com

just an FYI on a good link for car specs

Let me suggest a variation on that. Jayme makes the call, then escapes out the back. As she's going out, she hears the perp (who now knows he's out of time) shoot her mother and possibly her dog. (He didn't shoot the dog, but she doesn't know that.) She runs into the woods, and can't find her. Perhaps shouts some threats.

Now, Jayme is alone in the woods, in the dark, and may feel that in trying to call police and/or escaping, she's gotten her mother and dog killed. Further, the perp might be someone known and trusted by the family, or it could be someone she sees as an authority figure. (If the guy had a scanner, he could have been a fireman - for that matter, he could have been dressed as a cop.) At any rate, she is terrified, feels guilty and has no idea who she can trust. Is there any remote chance she might be in hiding, maybe with a teen that she knows from school or activities helping her by providing food, blankets and/or a hiding spot? Could that be part of the reason for the aunt showing the dog and saying he missed her?

The presser with her aunts gave me the impression that they were speaking directly to Jayme so there could be reason to believe they think she's alive and still in the area. Maybe to 'lure" her out or let her know that everything will be ok when she comes home. I'm not saying that to imply Jayme is involved. Of Course, if she's in hiding because she's terrified and feeling like what happened is her fault, the chances of her seeing the presser is slim to none. I could see a fellow 13 year old helping Jayme in the beginning but after all that has happened since the crime, it would take a very skilled kid to keep that kind of secret in my opinion. Unless, of course, its somebody older helping her stay hidden. If I saw what Jayme saw or heard in that house, I was been so scared that Id want to hide away forever.. especially if Jayme did indeed know the suspect(s). If somebody she used to trust committed the crime, she may not know who is safe anymore. I've definitely been thinking about her being able to escape and what would happen after that.

I was also thinking that if Jayme was preyed on online and taken advantage of by an older guy who's "skilled" at manipulation, wouldn't Jayme have taken her dog? There have been one or two cases that I remember reading about where a teen was involved in her own disappearance and took their dogs. Could LE have heard Jayme begging to take the dog?

Obviously we have little to go on so I'm just spinning ideas in my head. Hope her family is able to rest and find some kind of people at the funerals. My heart is so sad for that community.

Some automobile specifications:

Dodge Challenger 2009 vehicle of interest versus Chevy Monte Carlo 2000 vehicle pulled from river in Oshkosh (used first type of each model)

Length 197.7 in versus 197.9 in
Width 75.7 in versus 72.7 in
Height 57.1 in versus 55.2 in
Wheelbase 116 in versus 110.5 in

Source, searchable database:
www.automobile-catalog.com

just an FYI on a good link for car specs
was is ever released that the challenger definitely had the racing stripes?

was is ever released that the challenger definitely had the racing stripes?
LOL. IDK. Odd how we have too many details yet not enough info.

JMO the surveillance footage is not that clear if they were unable to distinguish between orange and red. I am thinking possibly B&W, grainy, fish-eye curvature, maybe only able to see partial cars, and in the dark.

I'm going to feed off of this idea and bring up something very grim so if you're not in the mood please skip past my comment.

What if Jayme was able to hide for a bit because she was in her room with the dog & the door was shut. Or even if she wasn't able to hide.. could Jayme have been able to escape after being injured? What if she wasn't the target, her parents were, but she was able to hide long enough to call 911. As she is making the call she is attacked and the police hear that commotion. What if Jayme was able to flee the scene and with her adrenaline pumping was able to run fast enough and far enough away and find a really good hiding spot and perished from her injuries there? I know dogs have been out but dogs miss their targets sometimes. They really seem to be focusing on the local area and have really only done one single significant search. But with cold temps and falling leaves she could be hard to find in some of the wooded areas? I don't know, just an idea that might not make a lot of sense.

That makes the presser with her aunts even more confusing but its just something I was thinking about with the whole speculation that she could have been hiding. I still lean towards the suspect being known to at least Jayme, possibly her family too, and I hope that she is alive somewhere.
Escaping and hiding out w/help from a friend was actually my first theory. It’s not comtradicted by the facts we have and consistent w/how 13 year old girls might think — especially if Jayme recognized the killer and was afraid no one would believe her. While I can easily see a friend being able to hide her for a couple of days, as time’s passed I don’t think this scenario is as likely any more. I think she would have been discovered or the friend would have come clean by now.

True. Bashing down a door. Using something apparently super high calibre and thus noisy...

Makes me think either super enraged, super stupid, or super psychopathic and enjoyed the drama and fear of the crime.

Really narrows it down, right?
I'm going with enraged and stupid ( young stupid). I can almost see this person stomping from his vehicle to the front door, banging relentlessly on the door with James refusing to let him and then...bam ! All hell breaks loose.

Fitzgerald said on Monday that through video camera footage from businesses and homes, they have identified two vehicles that were near the Closs home on Monday, October 15.

Fitzgerald said the first vehicle is likely a 2008-2014 red or orange Dodge Challenger. The second is likely either a 2006-2010 black Ford Edge, or a 2004-2010 black Acura MDX.

At this time, the sheriff's office is not releasing surveillance images of those vehicles.
Jayme Closs' Aunt: 'We'll never stop looking for you'

RBBM

That doesn't sound like they are sure of the make of either vehicle to me. Sounds like...likely.

Per realtor.com I believe the home last sold in around 2001 but don’t quote me. The thing on the lawn doesn’t look rusty so I’m not thinking old tv antenna. It almost seems to be part of an old (?) path - perhaps overgrown elsewhere leading to driveway?

Information regarding the Closs property seems to be very limited. Many sleuthers have asked about size, layout, age of home and when it was purchased. I’m a licensed Realtor with access to property and owner data for all states. I have researched property profile reports with various Title Companies and I have found that normal and standard data is actually missing. I can see that it’s zoned as R-1 and the total size of the lot is 54,014 square feet. I also see a loan for $24,600 on December 5, 2007 with no due date recorded. Then there is another conventional loan for $13,000 at a fixed rate on May 12, 2017 with a due date of May 25, 2027. Current assessed value showing at $92,000. I’m not sure how any of this helps bring Jayme home, but the questions made me start wondering. I am unable to post a link to this data because you must be licensed to log into a title company to search. If knowing the age of the property or purchase date is helpful to anyone, I can continue to search at a higher level tomorrow.

If the car in Osh Kosh, WI is connected, it is 3 1/2 hrs away, giving them enough time to run out of gas.
Long shot, I know...but the yellow markings likely indicate it was a stolen vehicle. That red/orange color seems very specific.
Could that mean she is being held in the Osh Kosh area?

Good morning, Harmony. Where is the coffee picture to help us solve this case ?.....Have a happy day.

Good morning! Hoping today is the day Jayme is found safely.

e7636f68558e7c20cbf2decfcf884508--hello-weekend-happy-weekend.jpg
link

I think the further apart the houses are, the more people stay to themselves. At least that's true for me and my family, where we've lived, as relates to house spacing.
How could it be true both that they saw her getting off the schoolbus sometimes, and that they didn't know they had children? First the bus wouldn't have stopped there until this year, because when she went to school in the neighboring town she wouldn't have rode the bus. Second she didn't take the bus when she had after school activities, which it sounds like was several nights a week. So only 6 weeks of the school bus that she was on a couple days a week. And then they'd only see the bus stop if they happened to be driving in or out, or getting the mail, at the right time. So maybe they saw the schoolbus stop there once or twice, this fall. An older kid, getting off the bus, once or twice this fall, could just be going to visit her aunt & uncle or family friends. Schools will let kids take a different bus or get off at a different stop if they are notified in advance by the parent.

The part BBM...People keep saying this like it is a fact. Not that it matters much, but I don't think Jayme changed schools this year. It looks like she has been going to Barron for at least one year based on the photo of the Barron CC team she is in that was posted on her facebook in October of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18