AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, the 911 call included “you don’t have to do this”, but the dispatcher thought immediately of "suicide", if I remember well. Why did he think this? There has to be a reason.

I don’t think there is any proof this was said during the 911 call. Things are being reposted as facts when it’s just a previous posters opinion. The quoted statement was just someone’s guess on what could have made the operator think it was a suicide call.

Idk, the 911 call included “you don’t have to do this”, but the dispatcher thought immediately of "suicide", if I remember well. Why did he think this? There has to be a reason.

May have been simply because no one was talking into phone...maybe he/she took it as the caller was suicidal or dying with someone else shouting in background...anyway I do not see why it matters. It was quickly identified as a double murder. What one person made of a likely unintelligible call changes nothing imo. Or if it was the initial officer on scene who thought this, he saw one body at first...again, quickly clarified. Jmo

Interesting! This is something I noticed yesterday and posted something about it. Thank you for looking into it because i was wondering if the way he was parked was significant, it seems odd to me. I had speculated of he had to park fast or there was a car/cars in the driveway when he parked. MOO Thanks!
That's what I thought too in the beginning but then when I saw the picture posted yesterday it looked to me like LE moved the car themselves in order for their vehicles to get through. That big white truck for example. Jmo

Since we haven’t had any new info come out, has anyone looked into the positions the cars were parked in the driveway? The white suv was immediately in front of the garage, but not inside, and the red truck was FAR from the entrance to the house. It struck me as odd that the red pickup would park that far from the house, just bc I know I’m lazy esp after work and wouldn’t want to park THAT far from the house when I could easily park in front of the right garage stall and not block any other cars etc.
Did the dad always park there or was he parked there bc there was a vehicle in front of the other garage door? Or was there another reason?
I’m new to all of this, but I did look at some historical google earth images. Most of the time when the satellite went over the house, there were too many leaves on the trees and I couldn’t see definitively. I did find the attached photo showing the truck parked closer to the garage. I also perused the land sat view on google earth and it didn’t show the red truck parked in that spot in any.
Just trying to dig into something that hasn’t been rehashed repeatedly.

Catching up but I noticed the same thing and immediately thought there probably was a car parked in the driveway. I wonder if the neighbors could have seen that, though-especially if they were out late. Guessing maybe there also would have been tire marks in the driveway so maybe they also narrowed the car search down from that? I thought it was strange that they only id’d those two specific cars. They must have had a reason other than they were seen on camera. The edge/Acura dark colored car is a popular one not likely to stand out.

<modsnip - quoted post removed due to discussion of rumor>
Right. It was stated in one of the first articles, in WAEU 13 news, that Fitzgerald said they could here alot of background noise, like a disturbance or a commotion, and the only word they could make out was "help." I doubt LE told the neighbors that, they could have easily just read it in the local paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been uncertainty as to whether Denise Closs was actually found in the bathroom of the house.

The original idea that Denise Closs was found in the bathroom was reported by the Daily Mail (not a reliable source) but they seem to be quoting an FBI source so may be accurate. Complete quote below:

'There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it's an active investigation,' the FBI source said.

'The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,' added the source.

'A lot of yelling' was heard in grim 911 call made the morning 13-year-old Jayme Closs vanished | Daily Mail Online

May have been simply because no one was talking into phone...maybe he/she took it as the caller was suicidal or dying with someone else shouting in background...anyway I do not see why it matters. It was quickly identified as a double murder. What one person made of a likely unintelligible call changes nothing imo. Or if it was the initial officer on scene who thought this, he saw one body at first...again, quickly clarified. Jmo
I had questioned who it was the made the "suicide" determination and Althea last night said it was the first one who responded to the scene. It does look as though that is the case. If you look at the call log:
12:53-911 hang up
1:00- LE Arrives
1:03-advised possible suicide

It's a bit hard to all put together because the dispatch log is in pieces and you have to reconstruct what was going on, when LE was being dispatched as to opposed to arriving, but it does appear that the responding unit advised that it was a possible suicide.

The Chief stated that when they arrived they first saw James feet in the doorway, so it may have looked like a suicide. I do know from experience it's not uncommon for police to quickly make that determination, even when it's evident there is no weapon on the scene and it doesn't have to do with the wound. We had a situation many years ago where a man had had a ruptured aorta (lots of blood) and when LE entered his wife was screaming, the scene was a mess and they thought suicide even though the man was sitting in a chair with no weapon.

As to why suicide? My guess would be this is a small town, everyone knows everyone (lots of interfamily relations) this is a good old boy and he's covered in blood and the first thought would be suicide

I'm wondering if the length of time the perp/s seem to have been in the Closs house is because they were looking for something (NOT Jayme). For example, were there things missing that they might have taken to sell, such as TV or other electronics, jewelry, etc.? If course we don't know, but it seems to me that if there are obviously missing items, it might be good if LE put the word out on those things to alert pawn shops as well as the general public in case they show up pawned or for sale somewhere.

And not just stolen items ... could they have gone there to get something they felt the Closs family should not have? Not sure what types of things, but for example suppose the Closs parents bought something that someone else had not wanted sold, and refused to sell it back to the previous owner. Like a family heirloom that meant a lot to someone. Inability to get it back in what would feel like a normal way (Gee, I explained why I felt it needed to stay in my family.) could drive some otherwise stable (or not) individuals to rage.

This is just a line of speculation, not my theory, but any thoughts on this?

There has been uncertainty as to whether Denise Closs was actually found in the bathroom of the house.

The original idea that Denise Closs was found in the bathroom was reported by the Daily Mail (not a reliable source) but they seem to be quoting an FBI source so may be accurate. Complete quote below:

'There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it's an active investigation,' the FBI source said.

'The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,' added the source.

'A lot of yelling' was heard in grim 911 call made the morning 13-year-old Jayme Closs vanished | Daily Mail Online
Yeah, I'm not sure that can be considered credible. I rely on LE as a source. I can't see them telling the neighbors information that they have already said they would not reveal. Especially since they were giving so many interviews. I guess its up to the individual person to decide if it's true, I just don't believe it unless it's stated by LE or quoted in a reputable source. Jmo

I'm wondering if the length of time the perp/s seem to have been in the Closs house is because they were looking for something (NOT Jayme). For example, were there things missing that they might have taken to sell, such as TV or other electronics, jewelry, etc.? If course we don't know, but it seems to me that if there are obviously missing items, it might be good if LE put the word out on those things to alert pawn shops as well as the general public in case they show up pawned or for sale somewhere.

And not just stolen items ... could they have gone there to get something they felt the Closs family should not have? Not sure what types of things, but for example suppose the Closs parents bought something that someone else had not wanted sold, and refused to sell it back to the previous owner. Like a family heirloom that meant a lot to someone. Inability to get it back in what would feel like a normal way (Gee, I explained why I felt it needed to stay in my family.) could drive some otherwise stable (or not) individuals to rage.

This is just a line of speculation, not my theory, but any thoughts on this?
Remember that how long the intruders were in the home is based on whether or not you believe the neighbors heard two shots (they didn't hear the police come to the house, the sirens, the emts, didn't even hear the commotion), what time they heard those shots (was it 7 mins later, did she read the clock wrong, etc)
To put it bluntly, they may have not heard anything or at the very least they may be very mistaken about the time. Remember, this is an elderly couple who were unaware their neighbor had a child or had been living there for 17 years.

The one thing that has bothered me from the beginning is why it took so long to determine a child was missing. Early press explained that away by stating that LE had no prior calls/ incidents with the house/ family. But... cops arrive, a man is shot, but alive, and a woman is dead also shot. There would have been abundant clues to a child’s presence: toys, stuffed animals, family photos, kid’s artwork on fridge, Jayme’s room. They should have discovered this all in the first 5 minutes while clearing the house. Why did it take hours to realize & report her missing? Precious getaway time...

Since you brought this one up again, it was also reported by RadarOnline and discussed in prior threads.

I have a logic issue with "...a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door..." WHO reported knocking on the door? Two deceased persons, a missing child and a dog were present at the home. Maybe it's poor writing.

We don't have much to substantiate the claim that DC barricaded herself in the bathroom. Having said that, though , it makes sense to me for several reasons. 1. It COULD explain why it took LE several minutes to locate her body in the home. 2. It COULD explain how she was able to dial 911 without the suspect immediately taking the phone. 3). It COULD explain the damage we see to the kitchen chair. 4). It COULD account for why the suspect hung around for 20 minutes IF Jayme was in the bathroom with DC. 5). IF the smaller window on the back deck IS a bathroom window, it COULD explain why there appears to be damage to the bench beneath that window.

DID Denise actually barricade herself in the bathroom ? I don't know...but it's a theory that makes sense to me.

JMO

Since you brought this one up again, it was also reported by RadarOnline and discussed in prior threads.

I have a logic issue with "...a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door..." WHO reported knocking on the door? Two deceased persons, a missing child and a dog were present at the home. Maybe it's poor writing.
What a surprise.

I just don’t know about Denise barricading herself in the bathroom and calling 911. If she was in the bathroom with her phone for even a few seconds alone it seems that she would have been able to speak even a couple of words to the operator. It seems more likely to me she may have hit 911 with her phone in her hand and ran towards the bathroom and maybe that’s where her body was found. Maybe she was killed in or at the bathroom. She could have dropped the phone and it could have been shuffled around on the floor with chaos happening (the background yelling) until the perp got to it and hung up.

The one thing that has bothered me from the beginning is why it took so long to determine a child was missing. Early press explained that away by stating that LE had no prior calls/ incidents with the house/ family. But... cops arrive, a man is shot, but alive, and a woman is dead also shot. There would have been abundant clues to a child’s presence: toys, stuffed animals, family photos, kid’s artwork on fridge, Jayme’s room. They should have discovered this all in the first 5 minutes while clearing the house. Why did it take hours to realize & report her missing? Precious getaway time...

Who was alive? James wasn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member